Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2022, part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Fagan effect: Turning Brisbane into Hawthorn, making it a club we hate.

No mate - in regards to your final 2 words

Youve got Richmond - then you have got the length of the Randwick straight - then you have got Hawthorn - then youve got the length of the Rosehill straight - then you have got all the rest of the other clubs - and i dont mind any of them - any of them win the flag then good luck to them

Big difference however between Hawthorn supporters and Richmond supporters - is the Hawks supporters are far better educated - where as the Tigers are just full of deadset nutters - with all their conspiracy theories - eg - the Video Ref in that Qld final cost them last years flag - hah - hah - hah

The bottom line - i will never ever barrack for Richmond in a game of football never - even if they played Hawthorn - i wouldnt be barracking for Richmond - no way

I see both Fagan and Longmire got 2 year extensions on their contracts this week. Guess all you need nowadays to get an extension is get spanked by 12 goals+ in a final in your last game at the helm.

Bit of salt in the comments

Hawks 2014:
2nd on the ladder, same amount of points as 1st and 3rd.
Won their finals by 36, 3 and 63 points.

Geelong 2007:
Clear top of the ladder.
Won their finals by 106, 5, 119.

Essendon 2000: Clear top of the ladder.
Won their finals 125, 45, 60.

Geelong and Essendon played against stronger teams due to an expansion club not coming in and diluting the talent.

Hawfies fans should be happy their team was in the conversation.

Last edited:
Hawks 2014:
2nd on the ladder, same amount of points as 1st and 3rd.
Won their finals by 36, 3 and 63 points.

Geelong 2007:
Clear top of the ladder.
Won their finals by 106, 5, 119.

Essendon 2001: Clear top of the ladder.
Won their finals 125, 45, 60.

Geelong and Essendon played against stronger teams due to an expansion club not coming in and diluting the talent.

Hawfies fans should be happy their team was in the conversation.
Essendon 2000?

Can tell Ross Lyon is back coaching.

Saints 9.3.57
Essendon 3.14.32

Halfway through the last quarter in fine but slightly breezy conditions.
To be fair, if Essendons forwards had half a brain cell they would have adapted to the wind and instead of kicking 3.14 it might have been closer to 10.7 or something.

LOL

FqSeJvtaUAA9-Di

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You look at the Eagles on paper and you think they shouldn't be that bad. Looking at the team that got thumped by the Crows last night they have Hurn, Barrass, Duggan, Shuey, McGovern, Cripps, Kelly, Ryan, Allen, Yeo, Sheed, Gaff. Granted the last few players in the side are mediocre, Hunt, Jones, Witherden, Petrucelle etc, plus some unproven kids but they have dropped their bundle so quick. COVID hit, Simpson whined and it is like the whole club just fell in behind and gave up.

Surely a piss take, Bombers generated more scoring shots and if the game wasn't at the Saints windy potato chip ground and at, say, Marvel, the Bombers probably put up a better score.

Back in the day - i went to every opposition ground - re who Geelong were playing - even the Lake Oval at South Melb - and Glenferrie Oval re Hawthorn- Brunswick St and Junction Oval re Fitzroy - but Moorabbin - thats the only ground i never went to - never saw the Cats play their

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back