Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2022, part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

View attachment 1599914

Usually doing "the line in the sand" is done during the season. And against other teams.

Maybe someone told Sicily he was going to have to be captain this year because no one else wants to be.
I heard the fight was only called "ugly" because Sicily was in it. Otherwise it would have been ok to look at.

I would start a thread on the Bay if this got up. Oh the melts.

PREMIERSHIPS FROM 1870 UNDER THE CARTER PROPOSAL.

22 – Carlton

20 – Essendon

17 – Geelong

16 – Collingwood, Melbourne

13 – Hawthorn, Richmond

12 – Fitzroy/Brisbane

10 – South Melbourne/Sydney

4 – North Melbourne, West Coast

2 – Adelaide, Western Bulldogs

1 – Port Adelaide, St Kilda

Never like seeing stories like this. :sadv1:

Fork me. This is absolutely sickening. Poor Kellie. She is only a baby herself in her mid-twenties and should be enjoying her new baby and wedding.

My nana died from the same thing but at the glorious age of 92 which is the age everyone deserves to achieve. Family still traumatised by her last month in hospital. F*ck that disease. People who have never smoked should not be getting lung cancer. It is an absolute joke!!!

All my best to Kellie and Jeremy Finlayson. I'm f*cking crying now.

Just seeing that footage of the Hawks scrapping at training... If we saw that sort of thing happening down at Geelong, alarm bells would be ringing for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just seeing that footage of the Hawks scrapping at training... If we saw that sort of thing happening down at Geelong, alarm bells would be ringing for sure.

Is that the footage with Sicily?

I would be surprised if that sort of scraping didn't go on at training for all teams - tensions would be high at times, and things happen

Is that the footage with Sicily?

I would be surprised if that sort of scraping didn't go on at training for all teams - tensions would be high at times, and things happen
Yeah maybe you're right? I'm not sure, but it didn't look good to me.

I don't quite understand the rationale for this argument. Does the book suggest that flags won in a different competition (VFA) should count towards the AFL premiership ladder? If the Cats won 6 or so flags in the VFA, why should that count as VFL, or even AFL flags? I'ts a different competition. Following this logic, if we count all premierships won in different competitions, Port Adelaide would have over 32 Flags!

I don't quite understand the rationale for this argument. Does the book suggest that flags won in a different competition (VFA) should count towards the AFL premiership ladder? If the Cats won 6 or so flags in the VFA, why should that count as VFL, or even AFL flags? I'ts a different competition. Following this logic, if we count all premierships won in different competitions, Port Adelaide would have over 32 Flags!
Sorry my quote didn't work! I'm referring to the argument that if we count pre-VFL flags, Cats would have more premierships in comparison to the other clubs in the AFL.

On that basis, the AFL is a different competition to the VFL, and flags should only count from when the AFL started.

On that basis, the AFL is a different competition to the VFL, and flags should only count from when the AFL started.
This has always been how I view it.

VFL became the AFL in 1990 and in my opinion you should only count the flags from that point on.

This is exactly how it should be counted

VFA/VFL/WAFL/SANFL separate and of course the AFL as well

Or add them all together which will never happen as that would make the VIC clubs so far behind Port they would cry.

But i prefer separating them all which still allows you to recognise and cherish them.

Or add them all together which will never happen as that would make the VIC clubs so far behind Port they would cry.

But i prefer separating them all which still allows you to recognise and cherish them.
It is the way you look at it. The best competition in Australia was the VFA from 1877, then the VFL from 1897 and now the AFL. The premiership teams from those competitions should be counted together. The other state competitions are completely different and separate.

Also, extra motivation to kick the hawks off the top of the list in the next few years.

AFL-era premierships:
Hawthorn - 5
Geelong, West Coast - 4
Brisbane, Richmond - 3
Collingwood, Essendon, Adelaide, NM, Sydney - 2
Carlton, PA, WB, Melbourne - 1
StK, Freo, GC, GWS - 0

It is the way you look at it. The best competition in Australia was the VFA from 1877, then the VFL from 1897 and now the AFL. The premiership teams from those competitions should be counted together. The other state competitions are completely different and separate.
The AFL is not a state competition though so it really should be completely separate

The AFL is not a state competition though so it really should be completely separate

The test is rewarding the best team with premiership recognition. That happened in state competitions before the AFL but so what.
In any event, Victorian teams are still the majority in the AFL so in effect it is just an expanded Victorian competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back