Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2023, part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes - agree with that - obviously still real issues at the club-but they were playing better than this late last year and early this year. From the outside- I feel like he’s not the right fit and they have to start somewhere - can’t continue like this.

Can see what you're saying, and kind of agree, but when does the door on the coaches box stop spinning??

Sooner or later they have to stand by their man and do the hard yards to work through it, surely?!

Can see what you're saying, and kind of agree, but when does the door on the coaches box stop spinning??

Sooner or later they have to stand by their man and do the hard yards to work through it, surely?!
Yep-I guess I just think he was never the right appointment - so do you stick with the wrong choice to get stability and hope he improves? Maybe. I don’t feel like its a bomber Thompson scenario whereby he could clearly coach and we nearly turfed him. I’m not convinced vossy can coach.
I spose the fact they keep getting the appointments wrong in my eyes speaks to their ineptitude as a club.

Yep-I guess I just think he was never the right appointment - so do you stick with the wrong choice to get stability and hope he improves? Maybe. I don’t feel like its a bomber Thompson scenario whereby he could clearly coach and we nearly turfed him. I’m not convinced vossy can coach.
I spose the fact they keep getting the appointments wrong in my eyes speaks to their ineptitude as a club.

Your last paragraph is the key for mine. That's where they should be focusing their attention.

Their Board, their process, and the personnel behind the selection of their coaches should be put under the microscope. They've got it consistently wrong, and individuals (ie Voss) are paying a heavy price for their ineptitude.

Your last paragraph is the key for mine. That's where they should be focusing their attention.

Their Board, their process, and the personnel behind the selection of their coaches should be put under the microscope. They've got it consistently wrong, and individuals (ie Voss) are paying a heavy price for their ineptitude.
It’s hard to understand how they can be such a stuff up for so many years. It’s a long time now.
Still, cannot believe we let that rabble beat us.
Haven’t they got cook now- he’s very good as we know, but they are going backwards. I don’t get it.

Brian Cook said Carlton's rebuild has a long way to go not long after he became their CEO. His words fell on deaf ears because it's not something people wanted to hear. The reality is Carlton are still going to be in a rebuild for a few more years yet.

****…
Richmond premiership star Bachar Houli has been airlifted back to Melbourne after being injured in a serious car crash near Canberra.
Houli is believed to have broken his pelvis and sustained several other fractures after a camping trip went wrong.

It is understood a ute Houli was in rolled over during the accident.

Three-time premiership star Houli retired at the end of 2021 with 232 games - including 26 at Essendon and 206 at Richmond.

He is believed to have been in the ute with a friend who was also seriously injured.

Houli was transported to a Canberra hospital but then airlifted back to Victoria for further treatment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Holy s*** hope he's ok

He’s one guy I could never really dislike, regardless of the colours he was wearing - the sort of player you’d love in your team

Reading the headline I had the same reaction as you, along with a few other 4 letter words which end up looking like **** when typed here

Wishing him well in his recovery

Brian Cook said Carlton's rebuild has a long way to go not long after he became their CEO. His words fell on deaf ears because it's not something people wanted to hear. The reality is Carlton are still going to be in a rebuild for a few more years yet.
I’ve got about 30-40 left, going by the actuarial tables. Any chance we can string it out?

Thinking this may well be the biggest story from the weekend:

Wonder how Richmond will treat his absence from next week's team if he has to stay in Perth. I'm guessing it'll be "Out: Pickett (personal reasons)" instead of "Out: Pickett (incarcerated)."

He’s one guy I could never really dislike, regardless of the colours he was wearing - the sort of player you’d love in your team

Reading the headline I had the same reaction as you, along with a few other 4 letter words which end up looking like * when typed here

Wishing him well in his recovery
The only thing i ever disliked about him was the stupid character reference at the tribunal shit other than that i ****ing love me some Houli so i hope he recovers well.

They're on track for a 50 year premiership drought. The fall of grace has been similar to that of Melbourne post 1964.
Carlton are going nowhere whilst they stick with the people who were around during the brown paper bag era.

They need to move them all on ever single one before the rebuild into a proper modern club can start.

Carlton are going nowhere whilst they stick with the people who were around during the brown paper bag era.

They need to move them all on ever single one before the rebuild into a proper modern club can start.
It's hard to believe they haven't finished top 4 at all since 2000. Not even Richmond were that incompetent as 16 years was the longest they went without finishing top 4.

The problems have to be deeper than the coach, because they've remained despite the revolving door on the coaches box.
I get the feeling that the people behind the scenes or on the board can't control their tongues, put aside their petty agendas, and put the club first. As soon as there was a couple losses in a row, the gossip, backstabbing, white-anting, and intrigue started, maybe before even. I'd that besides hearing it through media etc, the players get some of it directly from those power players that infest that club.
I wouldn't lay any of it on the players or coach.

I get the feeling that the people behind the scenes or on the board can't control their tongues, put aside their petty agendas, and put the club first. As soon as there was a couple losses in a row, the gossip, backstabbing, white-anting, and intrigue started, maybe before even. I'd that besides hearing it through media etc, the players get some of it directly from those power players that infest that club.
I wouldn't lay any of it on the players or coach.
I wonder if Brian Cook can hold his nerve with the likes of Bruce Mathieson agitating for instant success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back