Opinion North Melbourne Priority Picks Part 2 - 2023/2024

Remove this Banner Ad

They all rage over the fact Judd was a PP. They simply dont want to acknowledge that they have received a shit load more 'handouts' than NM lol

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

North got PPs for this 2024. Draft.

They traded them.

So no more handouts this year.

Get over it, take the massive welfare handouts and develop the team you have.

Despite your team in the bottom 4, your club is slowly on the way up.

I dont think McGovern or Darling will be around for the eagles next final. Tim Kelly possibly will despite turning 30 last month. Probably as a 33 or 34 year old in 2027 or 2028.

Tim Kelly being drafted as a 22 or 23 year old and not having his body battered and travelled on planes as an 18 or 19 year old works out in the long term for the eagles.

North Melbourne getting another early 2nd rounder or even an early 1st rounder isnt going to change the overall situation for the AFL.

They were already given those picks for this draft.

What stress?

Judd was a premiership captain for us.

You are going into these longwinded posts about the story of your priority pick from 20+ years ago.

Clearly you are very easy to wind up.

What a woeful performance by North today

Truly embarrassing
I thought our game was bad but North went full "Hold my beer."

After such an abysmal first half, we at least won the second half and didn't capitulate.

First time we've won a half down there since that comeback win in '06.

Anyone talking about our “priority picks” do realise that they’re not an instant success? You still need to develop them

Let’s go through the main ones

2022- 2nd and third round picks that had to be traded, we couldn’t even use them to begin with on a young player so it doesn’t matter and they would have been taken away if we didn’t.
Logue started well and has had injuries since, let’s see how he goes next year.
Tucker has been serviceable; but was worth a third round pick, hardly a priority pick like everyone makes out.
So they were technically Fremantles freebies for two players that they didn’t even want.

Last year, those two picks given to us for this years draft had to be used or they would have reviewed them this year and possibly taken them away.
Stephens and fisher haven’t set the world on fire I’ll admit, now the actual “priority picks” in Will Dawson, a 200cm defender who needs to develop and hardeman, a young half back who broke through for a few games this year, will need time to develop too, how have the rest of the players picked between 15-25 gone this year?

And if anyone’s stupid enough to think wardlaw or goad were freebies then you really don’t know your facts, both came as picks which we got for trading Horne Francis to port.

Cool.

North going to beg for more this year?

If you weren’t too busy sooking about Judd you probably would be able to see my opinion previously posted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This will be the last of the truly horrendous years for North in my opinion.

5-6 wins next year and the risk is to the upside. McKercher will be a gun.

North should go really, really hard at a second top tier tall forward and a top tier small forward and their future squad is pretty rounded. (Established players even if they have to pay overs)

WCEs list on the other hand is relatively only going to get worse due to our best older players playing worse before being able to be replaced and the youth being developed.

Big year for North next season, another 2 or 3 win season and head office might come calling.

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I suspect you might be trolling but I don't think you're entirely wrong. My biggest concern for North is where their wins are going to come from. They've shown minimal improvement and the last two games with 100 point losses back to back are not acceptable.

None of the sides in the top 10 look like they're going to fall apart. Melbourne, GC, Adelaide aren't going to go backwards. Saints I'm not really sure where they sit.

That leaves what I think

Richmond clearly going to be the worst team, followed by North and West Coast. I can't see any of these three teams surpassing any other team.

Surely an internal review will be asking the question: "Why haven't we improved"

I suspect another sub 5 win season next season and Clarko is in trouble.

They really need some experienced players but who wants to go to North?

North should go really, really hard at a second top tier tall forward and a top tier small forward and their future squad is pretty rounded. (Established players even if they have to pay overs)

WCEs list on the other hand is relatively only going to get worse due to our best older players playing worse before being able to be replaced and the youth being developed.

Exactly what players should they get though? Who is the top tier tall forward that will choose North over all the other clubs that need one much higher up the ladder, without North ridiculously overpaying?

sum up norths year they drafted the best player in the mid season draft who than doesn't get a kick in the vfl, carlton pick up a player from there VFL program who comes in under done does a mini pre season plays good footy in the vfl and than plays a handy game first up last week (lord)

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion North Melbourne Priority Picks Part 2 - 2023/2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back