North Melbourne vs. Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Weird, I don't remember hearing it. Though I don't get to watch a lot of North games (No Foxtel :()
They tend to cut off the lead in on the news snippets, we have one of the longer songs so they just play the bit everyone knows.

People talk about how Voss learned his lessons from the Fevola debacle, as if he's stopping trying to be the trading genius. Well what about Martin? Moloney's looked fairly average as well. It seems like Voss is yet again trying to assemble a top eight team from spare parts.
Molony/Martin didnt cost an arm and a leg

Also Both talented players

SEN caller: "Can Majak be better than Nic Nat?"

He's played half a quarter of AFL football...

Agreed. Yeah that mark and kick was very exciting and warmed the hearts of every North fan, he ran hard at the ball and was impacting nearly all the forward line contests in those 15 minutes...BUT honestly, it was merely exciting because of 1) who he is 2) it was his debut. If that was Jim Bob in his 77th game, it would have been a nice start but nothing more. It was exciting because it was Majak Daw in his 1st game, but to be compared to anyone, let alone NicNat is over the top.

Really hoping he's ok to go next week. Want him out there to make Gibson/Stratton/Birchall maybe think twice before chopping off leads. Petrie can do the same, but Daw's presence was excellent.

I'm a bit disappointed in Brisbane today, thought we were going to get a very good contest and that they would come to play. As it stands, they played like shit and now we 'only beat Brisbane'. Such a lackluster game with little intensity won't be good for next week.

Agreed. Yeah that mark and kick was very exciting and warmed the hearts of every North fan, he ran hard at the ball and was impacting nearly all the forward line contests in those 15 minutes...BUT honestly, it was merely exciting because of 1) who he is 2) it was his debut. If that was Jim Bob in his 77th game, it would have been a nice start but nothing more. It was exciting because it was Majak Daw in his 1st game, but to be compared to anyone, let alone NicNat is over the top.

Really hoping he's ok to go next week. Want him out there to make Gibson/Stratton/Birchall maybe think twice before chopping off leads. Petrie can do the same, but Daw's presence was excellent.

I'm a bit disappointed in Brisbane today, thought we were going to get a very good contest and that they would come to play. As it stands, they played like shit and now we 'only beat Brisbane'. Such a lackluster game with little intensity won't be good for next week.

He's certainly exciting, no doubt about that. I reckon in two or three years he could be up there with some of the better ruckmen of the comp but I just found it a tad humourous hearing the hype after so little gametime.

On Brisbane: Didn't get to see much of the game, only a bit in a bar at the MCG. But it's certainly a worrying one after having so much build up in the pre-season to go 3-1 with uncompetitive games against the Western Bulldogs and North. Though they'll probably get one back against us next week they were probably aiming for a spot in the 8 which is be easier said than done.

What sort of comment is that are you comparing us to melbourne? :oops:

I see lots of people on here jealous they don't have a Lindsay Thomas in their team :D

You are missing the point of my comment and just looking at the name of the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just got back from the abomination that was a "game" today. Quick summation:

- Majak was brilliant. Crowd went nuts for absolutely everything he did. Pity he suffered concussion so early on.
- We, at present, are a sack of steaming poo.
- I wish Stefan Martin stayed at Melbourne
- Hanley would be in the AA team atm. His first half was stand out.
- North will be thereabouts, again. Won't be top 4 but will make life difficult for most.

Some very questionable umpiring decisions all day, too. Didn't have any bearing on the result though so there's no point discussing them. All in all a pretty dirty day for the Lions.

What about againt top sides?

Very different story. I was just making an off the cuff comment about how they play against lower sides. It's very reminiscent of how Melbourne played against lower sides in 2010-2011. A few people have made a bigger deal about it than necessary.

Very different story. I was just making an off the cuff comment about how they play against lower sides. It's very reminiscent of how Melbourne played against lower sides in 2010-2011. A few people have made a bigger deal about it than necessary.
Considering the last time we played Brisbane and how we went, Il take it.

what would you expect from Healy? Amazing to think he played 200-odd games and won a Brownlow, and has such little idea about the game.
Redden should be fine for that incident, he couldn't really do much and didn't put much force into the contact.

I HATE how Lindsay still plays for free kicks every time he's near the ball. Great player and love him but FFS it's embarrassing. I can't believe the umpires still fall for it, it just encourages him to do it more.

But you have to admit he isn't the most likeable guy. I just don't think he plays the game the way he should, can't stand him for that.
Put aside the hate and watch his workrate off the ball. The number of goal assists or goals he helps create indirectly is massive.

Personally he's just about my favourite player. Has enormous passion for the club and it shows.

The 'diving' comments are largely historical in nature. He's pretty much eliminated this from his game, although he does make sure umpires notice when there is a legitimate free kick.

Yeah, what is it about small forwards? I struggle to be objective about Milne and Ballantyne too.

Remove this Banner Ad

North Melbourne vs. Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Back