Game Day North vs Hawks, 4:40pm, Sunday, Shepparton

Remove this Banner Ad

And ignores the bleeding obvious that Ayden has done sweet eff all since we chopped him.

If he was so deserving of games, then why .... ah, forget it.
Did alright in the VFL last year for Box Hill. Injured again in the prelim.

Wood needs to prove one thing and that is he can work both ways, if he does that he should play round 1, either as a third forward or up on a wing.
This. Wood was a little confused around his defensive duties in his only senior game, while still looking very dangerous himself. And unlike Black, he has the ability to drift up the ground and win plenty of ball. To me this means that potentially both can play in the same side, but only if both are in hot form. No more gifting games to Black purely to hold the structure of the side together.

How far is Garner from being fit? Seems like a never ending story, that one....
He hasn't participated in main sessions yet, but is running at pace and doing competitive stuff with the development coaches. Getting there...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want the Hawks to field a really strong team. If you're selected to play in Royal Blue, you give it your all.

No injuries or suspensions obviously but EVERYONE needs to start pushing for selection for round 1

ITT someone actually has a sook about Kennedys not getting a go.

Not sure if anyone mentioned Kennedy other than me. I wasn't having a sook, I just made reference to him, Greenwood and others who struggle to get opportunity while others are given games irrespective of form.

I don't really care which player it is, when you watch the VFL and guys are doing well and you watch the AFL and guys stink then I just don't have the opinion that we pick players based on form. Adams admitted in an interview he was carried and LT had to break down crying with the yips before he was given time off. Our club seems to think demotion is a death sentance when it is usually the best thing for a footballer to get back form and confidence, if they are good enough.

but the Selection Policy ended up with a team playing in the Prelim

So unless you think last yrs team Under Performed then its sort of difficult to see wot the point is?

sure the Selectors cld have dropped the Usual Suspects but they didn't and we won

so I mean it looks like they are right and you are well... how do I phrase this ..umm not right

Our club seems to think demotion is a death sentance when it is usually the best thing for a footballer to get back form and confidence, if they are good enough.

Scott demoted the highest draft pick he's had and his self proclaimed "best of the lot" in Cunnington pretty quickly.

Not sure if anyone mentioned Kennedy other than me. I wasn't having a sook, I just made reference to him, Greenwood and others who struggle to get opportunity while others are given games irrespective of form.

I don't really care which player it is, when you watch the VFL and guys are doing well and you watch the AFL and guys stink then I just don't have the opinion that we pick players based on form. Adams admitted in an interview he was carried and LT had to break down crying with the yips before he was given time off. Our club seems to think demotion is a death sentance when it is usually the best thing for a footballer to get back form and confidence, if they are good enough.

We could do this all day. A guy can look great in the VFL and still not be going as well as a player who looks less good in the AFL. Like being the best dressed woman in Wagga, it's good as it goes but, still. And it shouldn't need to be said, but "we" don't pick anyone for anything. It's good for your mental health to keep the separation clear.

2 weeks....

total-recall-two-weeks.jpg

Like being the best dressed woman in Wagga, it's good as it goes but, still.

Gold H to h. My long term PA here at work is a Wagga girl who once won Fashions on the Field at the Wagga Cup, and who's strutted around like a peacock ever since. Not today with me chortling away at your comment above though. Perfect!

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day North vs Hawks, 4:40pm, Sunday, Shepparton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back