Northern FL Division 2 - 2011 Pt 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was advised last week that Vin Hanlon has taken over.Former Mernda Premiership coach with heaps of contacts,probably find he may get a chop out from a few of these.
New coaching panel is on Mernda's website, although I suspect the U19 Coach is Rohan DAVIES, not the ex 1's coach, who I believe is also in the background.
Great to see some old faces giving the club a hand.
Merndas site has rectified the error

Thoughts and selections for this week's round of matches:

Thomastown vs. Diamond Creek
The Bears are really struggling again this season and the Demons won't be in any mood to be benevolent, especially after their loss last round.
Mernda vs. Lalor
Both teams struggled last game, but the Bloods did enough to get the points while the Demons were never in their game. The Bloods should be too classy in this one.
Lower Plenty vs. Hurstbridge
The Bears proved that they are real premiership contenders again this season with a strong while the Bridges had a comfortable win against weak opposition. Can't see the Bears dropping this one.
Fitzroy Stars vs. Epping
An interesting game, the most interesting of the round. Reports indicated that the Stars were very competitive last round while the Blues got their expected first win. The Stars play well at The Park and they can cause the upset, if it considered one.

Thoughts and selections for this week's round of matches:

Fitzroy Stars vs. Epping
An interesting game, the most interesting of the round. Reports indicated that the Stars were very competitive last round while the Blues got their expected first win. The Stars play well at The Park and they can cause the upset, if it considered one.

Sorry Chet you were WRONG ha ha ha.
Were Comming :D

Dropped in to watch Lower Plenty v Hurstbridge today. Fair to say the game was over from the first contest and the 17 goal to 2 scoreline at qtr time had everyone gobsmacked! Have not seen anything like it!!

Dropped in to watch Lower Plenty v Hurstbridge today. Fair to say the game was over from the first contest and the 17 goal to 2 scoreline at qtr time had everyone gobsmacked! Have not seen anything like it!!

Trying to work out how Bridge managed 16 shots at goal,must of done well from the inside 50's

Trying to work out how Bridge managed 16 shots at goal,must of done well from the inside 50's

Without getting too far ahead of ourselves... With Lalor taking on Hurstbridge next week and Lower facing Mernda - Round 6 is shaping up as a epic... NFL radio coverage, The local footy show will be there to showcase the game for T.V., The Kubota Tractors match of the day with guest speaker at luncheon... Massive crowd and likely 5 - 0 with huge percentage between the clubs - This one could even take the focus off any div 1 games for a week. 24 Sydney Cres, Lalor - if anyone is wondering where this would take place... 13 days to a possiable classic showdown...

Not since Hurstbridge did it to Fairfield Park in the mid 90's, 18 in the 1st quarter?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Epping back on track and will be to good for Diamo.
Lalor should beat H'Bridge.
Thomo v Stars. Stars might have a bit more class.
Sorry Mernda but you better turn the sprinklers on, it might slow Lower down but wont stop them.
Good Luck to all :thumbsu:

It has come to my attention that the last coach at Diamond Creek has taken my feedback from 2010 quite hard and has been stewing over it for a few months. If you're reading this, you need to suck in the big ones and
get over it.

images

The axe and injuries have certainly effected a couple of teams for this week, or is one team taking the opportunity to rest some players ahead of an important Round 6 clash ? Mmmm.

Anyhow, for tomorrow:

Diamond Creek vs. Epping
A pivotal game as both teams look to consolidate their acknowledged finals spot, even this early in the season. The Blues may be starting to get back to where they expected to be and should account for the Demons n this one.
Lalor vs. Hurstbridge
One shudders to think how the 'Bridges players will react after last week's pounding as they face the competitions premiership favourites. It could be another long afternoon as the Bloods look to keep pace at the top.
Thomastown vs. Fitzroy Stars
A make or break game for both sides as they try to garner enough wins to stay afloat in this division. Although they have been up and down, the Stars should inflict some more pain on the Bears.
Lower Plenty vs. Mernda
The Demons are probably not relishing the visit to the Bear Cave as the home team looks to continue momentum. However, even with the large number of changes in the Bears side this may still not be enough for the Demons to grab their first points.

Fact, he can;t bear to see or think of them back in D2

I think it is in very poor taste, King has a very sick child in Intensive Care and you take it upon yourself to spread viscious rumours, leave him alone, have more respect.

I think he has more pressing things to worry about than North Heildberg

I think it is in very poor taste, King has a very sick child in Intensive Care and you take it upon yourself to spread viscious rumours, leave him alone, have more respect.

I think he has more pressing things to worry about than North Heildberg

Well said planets.

saw an absolute low act in the mernda v lower reserves game today, about 10mins left, lower winning by 100 number 41 for lower king hit tyson from mernda knocking him out cold for a minute or so, sparking a vicious all in brawl for a number of minutes!! this bloke should go have a long hard look at himself, as should a number of the lower plenty reserve side, as well as there coaching panel for calling several mernda players dogs, after there player had just sparked the incident!

saw an absolute low act in the mernda v lower reserves game today, about 10mins left, lower winning by 100 number 41 for lower king hit tyson from mernda knocking him out cold for a minute or so, sparking a vicious all in brawl for a number of minutes!! this bloke should go have a long hard look at himself, as should a number of the lower plenty reserve side, as well as there coaching panel for calling several mernda players dogs, after there player had just sparked the incident!

Apparently the "so called king hit" did not affect him too much, as he continued playing, useing his kicking skills to effect! Think most of your comments may be a bit hysterical!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back