Official NM Championships Cup Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Awesome day today. Had a great day even though the game wasn't the best thing until the last 5 overs of the whole match.

The game was decided in the last over when Matty Campbell hit the winning run for the Country team, an di dare say, he celebrated like a monkey. Ran half the field, swinging his bat in a 360 motion. Leigh Brown and Shannon Watt did an awesome job for the Country boys.

Archer was also there and was signing autographs for 5 hours non stop.:thumbsu:
There was also a little cricket match for the kids, jumping castle, face painting, player photos and also got to mingle with the players.

The Penisula ladies were awesome again and thankyou to them and a special thanks to Go North also for helping them out.

Thanks also tto the Shinboner Spirit group for making the sandwiches and selling the healthy stuff.:thumbsu:

The Cheersquad also had framed images of Archers 307th, Wellsy's 100th and a game at Arden Street.

Good to meet some BF folk again. Met our big 3 ladies of this board. KLi,KLo, and GN. Enjoyable to meet!:)

Sum up:

Attendence : Approx 1000
Membership Tent: I did not see them stop once for a break. We could easily have signed up 500 -1000 people.

That's all from me. Enjoy!

Honestly the best players were probally Thommo, Brown and Watt.

City Slikers 21 overs : 18 for 94
Country ... 21 overs : 11 for 95

If the number of players out is incorrect, please correct me.

Hmmm, not sure about 1,000 either, although it's hard to tell because everyone was so spread out. Regardless, the atmosphere was great, the sausages magnificent, the cricket totally ordinary, the players approachable, the weather beautiful . . .

And most importantly, we were at Arden St, and so is the NMFC. Life is good.

Hmmm, not sure about 1,000 either, although it's hard to tell because everyone was so spread out. Regardless, the atmosphere was great, the sausages magnificent, the cricket totally ordinary, the players approachable, the weather beautiful . . .

And most importantly, we were at Arden St, and so is the NMFC. Life is good.

Had a great day with the family.

Saw a few of the bigfooty gang which is always a good thing:thumbsu:

Downside= I ate way to many sausages and got sunburnt BIG TIME:thumbsdown:

But like Kangalicious said we were NORTH NELBOURNE people,watching NORTH MELBOURNE players IN NORTH MELBOURNE and that is a truly beautiful thing:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm only guessing as everyone was so spread out.
Don't shoot me hey.:(

No shooting intended GR. Could well have been 1,000. As I say, hard to tell. :)

By the way, wanted to congratulate you on your newfound status as symbol of the NMFC (I swear there has not been a paper printed in the last 48 hours without your photo in it ;)) !!

Nice to catch up with you too, giantroo! And it was also good to see thumping, pharro and kangalicious again. :)

thumping has done an amazing job with selling the 'Stick the Gold Coast where the sun don't shine!' stickers. I'll let him tell you how many kids' memberships he is going to purchase with the money he's made! :thumbsu:

I am absolutely exhausted after taking money and selling the drinks non-stop for about four hours! There mightn't have been many people there (which was a shame, I would have liked more) but we sold heaps of sausages and drinks! :thumbsu: And, as giantroo said, there was a steady stream of people purchasing memberships the whole time. Emma said that they had probably sold around 500, when I was there buying some extra ones, so that was a good effort!

Nice to catch up with you too, giantroo! And it was also good to see thumping, pharro and kangalicious again. :)

thumping has done an amazing job with selling the 'Stick the Gold Coast where the sun don't shine!' stickers. I'll let him tell you how many kids' memberships he is going to purchase with the money he's made! :thumbsu:

I am absolutely exhausted after taking money and selling the drinks non-stop for about four hours! There mightn't have been many people there (which was a shame, I would have liked more) but we sold heaps of sausages and drinks! :thumbsu: And, as giantroo said, there was a steady stream of people purchasing memberships the whole time. Emma said that they had probably sold around 500, when I was there buying some extra ones, so that was a good effort!

Great effort, and well done on the sausages GN! I came ready and willing to help, but was most relieved to discover I wasn't needed . . . quite enjoyed sitting on the grass and watching the cricket.

And if they sold 500 memberships, then maybe 1,000 people isn't such a bad estimate after all.

Wonder if Archer is still sitting there signing autographs?? :D

No shooting intended GR. Could well have been 1,000. As I say, hard to tell. :)

By the way, wanted to congratulate you on your newfound status as symbol of the NMFC (I swear there has not been a paper printed in the last 48 hours without your photo in it ;)) !!

I'm only joking.

Thanks. I've been getting non stop phone calls and text messages the whole time since Thursday. Even my brother called me on Thursday to tell that he had just seen me on channel 10's news.

Great effort, and well done on the sausages GN! I came ready and willing to help, but was most relieved to discover I wasn't needed . . . quite enjoyed sitting on the grass and watching the cricket.

And if they sold 500 memberships, then maybe 1,000 people isn't such a bad estimate after all.

Wonder if Archer is still sitting there signing autographs?? :D

Poor bugger, he didn't even get a rest. The bloody line was huge. Almost to the car park.:D

I looked up briefly from my constant ducking up and down to get drinks and noticed this long line stretching down to the carpark. I was hopeful that they were all queuing up to buy memberships but they were in the line for Arch's autograph.

we had a fantastic day today, the roo shop was packed out got my arch dvd autographed by the great man himself. what a fantastic man he is , he sat there for hours sighning away . the membership tent was busy and the suasages were exellent the kids loved em. we also loved the lucky dips we got 2 medallions a hand clapper and a scarf cant wait for the next gathering.

I didn't know any of you there but had an awesome day. Got Archer's autograph on his print, can't wait to frame it. Had some photos with the boys, loved the snags, and also watching Lindsay Thomas' hatrick. Sun was a bit hot but a great day was had.

I earlier estimated to a friend on the phone there was about 1000 people there, but on second thoughts, it may have been a little less.

Either way, the most important thing is that we are staying in NORTH MELBOURNE and we have an exciting season ahead of us.....

Considering the heavens above were about to undo the zipper and unleash a mighty downpoor, ended up turning into a pretty nice day weather wise with a respectable turnout.

Just the friendly atmosphere down there really hit me and made me think what we don't have in quantity we more then compensate for quality.

F*** I love our club.

Must say Eduardo's full toss leggies were a sight to behold.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official NM Championships Cup Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back