Official Pre-Season Training Times, Photos and Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Great Vid to all involved. :thumbsu:

"LT a standout", that's music to my ears!

Application has been a concern so to hear that he's been putting in the effort is outstanding news for him and the club.

Brad was talking about shifting him higher up the ground last preseason, or the one before. But fitness proved a hinderence. This may of been the reason why Brad didn't make the shift earlier after the yips started kicking in.

Youwould want to make sure that Bench press has a catch on it the way Boomer was realeasing it midway through a rep. :eek:

One tough little unit.

Thanks to the media department for drip feeding us over this very baron part of the football year.

I too appreciate the media work, along with your fondness for noble homophones king of the road. :p I prefer the prince media however and seeing it in black and white.

Youwould want to make sure that Bench press has a catch on it the way Boomer was realeasing it midway through a rep. :eek:

I think they do this as a warm-up to get the quick response fibers going. They just need the muscles clench and un-clench. Not an expert though but considering he can bench 140 I don't think he would be taking 60 kilos all that seriously - especially on a Smith Machine.

It wasn't unheard of for a stray penis to be found resting on the forehead of a Bench presser under strain at the footy club I trained at. You can't stop it, you just have to prepare for it. 'Stops' would eliminate the risk if said distraction were to occur during such a precarious technique.

I went for a look.

Session was full of running broken up with a variety of kicking drills and strength exercises. Majak, Wright and Lynch were on the sidelines. Sammy seemed to have a little niggle and spent a long time talking to Brad.

On the whole skills were good a few missed targets early in the kicking drills but as someone who saw a lot of our games last year i can say our field kicking has improved, we shall see how good on the 31st of March. Intensity in the running drills was really good seems Utah and hard work is starting to really show. Players also very happy to have a chat afterwards and sign autographs which is a real credit to the club.

A few standouts for mine:

Cunners this bloke mauled the contested stuff and was so clean by hand and foot and is looking like having a big year if he keeps it up.

Hamish looks the best i've ever seen him. Fit, strong and really competitive in the air i no its only training but he took some lovely contested marks. Almost as good as a few of Drews

Urqs could he have come to realization he can play? Kicking was very good from what i could see he didnt miss a target and ran well to make space. However I'm not getting too excited yet

The new recruits trained well, Gibbo is looking like a very good prospect as a back up midfielder for early in the season.

Interesting to see that in the team v team drills L.A spent most of the drill positioned around the Half Back area, could be a new role for him in 2012?

Goldy, Petrie, Ziebs, boomer & co all trained strongly.

And ill end on probably the best man of the day.

I don't care what people say, Daniel Wells is an absolute star.

He was kicking 40+ metre passes about 1 metre off the ground, every one of his kicks hit the target either out in front or thudding into a leading players chest, and his hands were just so silky. It was a pleasure to watch.

He then broke away from the main group and began light front on contact with the tackle and bump bags. He looked comfortable however it was only very light contact. Round 1 may not be out of the question just yet.

There's our man. Ha-uuuge season from him coming up.

I want Sammy Wright fit & firing as soon as possible too.

It wasn't unheard of for a stray penis to be found resting on the forehead of a Bench presser under strain at the footy club I trained at.

Did you end up getting a game for the Saints OE?

I too appreciate the media work, along with your fondness for noble homophones king of the road. :p I prefer the prince media however and seeing it in black and white.

Cheers Kimbo... You could never accuse me of being homoponophobic.

They have been lacking on this board since the departure of the 'Great Pants Tightener' - Hale.

Glad to see my efforts were not in vain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers Kimbo... You could never accuse me of being homoponophobic.

They have been lacking on this board since the departure of the 'Great Pants Tightener' - Hale.

Glad to see my efforts were not in vain.
Knot that theirs anything wrong with that.

Sure was, the club just uploaded some pics: http://www.kangaroos.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/4912/newsid/127833/default.aspx

Is it just me or has Harp's been doing some major weights.....Damn!
I went to training before Christmas and mentioned on here that he was looking big. Dustin Martin big. He will be a unit when done.
9(29).jpg

I think he's trying to squeeze the air outa the Sherrin

Had quick look at training this morning.....

Daw, Richo and Lynch running laps

Ziebs doing a couple laps

Stayed for first hour of training, **** it was hot. Last time I went, J-Mac and Atley were doing some kicking drills on their own before the start of training. Today they were doing the same thing only with a tennis ball. It seems he is trying to make in inroads on his kicking :thumbsu: I couldn't fault any of his kicks during the various drills.

H looks very fit! Same can be said for Wells who is acing everyone in the running drills. Plus he stands out with his kicking, no real surprise.

Majak did mainly laps and sprints. He, Richo, Lynch and Kennedy did some light drills away from the main group.

Noticed Ziebs was doing one on one drills with Brent today. It was with Drew the last session I went to. I reckon that's saying something :cool:

Harper and Goldy weren't on the track today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Pre-Season Training Times, Photos and Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back