Official Team V Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Carr has to guy on a dry MCG surely unless they want him to punch out Burgers.

I will be gutted is dropped after least weeks game, he deserves to stay more than salter

Definite bench - Harlett, Motlop and Davenport...

A fight to the death between Salter, Carr and Broadbent

It's good to have such selection dilemmas.

More so when Hitchcock and Gray are back and Westhoff and Schulz start to display some consistency in the SANFL.

That's the sort of selection pressure that makes the guys in the team bust their gut - especially the "fringe" type players and the newer inclusions. It also makes the second tier players start to think about whether their spot is safe.

Westhoff out.

celebration6_3.jpg

Ben Stratton has been in good form for the Hawks and he would have gone to Westhoff, same body type, so Westhoff needed to be dropped anyway.

Not totally happy, Motlop will come straight back in for Salter, hopefully he will have a good game and pulls his finger out, but it hasn't happened enough in the past so I'm pretty doubtful.

Happy to see Westhoff out. But I know this time tomorrow theres not gonna be a few happy people with who may be taken out of the side also.

No emergencies listed? I'm meh on this one as Hawthorn's rucks are crap. That said what a better time to bring back Lobbe to ensure that Brogan has a monster game. Dropping Westhoff was a no brainer so the selection committee doesn't exactly need to be commended on making an obvious decision.

Can't please everyone I guess.

Inside knowledge?

If so spill it! I honestly dont know who else people would be so happy to see dropped, unless it was choco :)

I think he means it'll be someone we won't be happy to see dropped... prob salter

oh and i've chucked a $20 on port by +40 at $14. Nothing wrong with a bit of optimism :eek:

Happy to see Westhoff out. But I know this time tomorrow theres not gonna be a few happy people with who may be taken out of the side also.

I can only assume you mean Salter. Figures really, stupid is as stupid does.

And the whole Team X has a weak ruck division, so we can afford to play a weak ruck division is so stupid it defies belief to me. Why would you not play a full ruck division and try to dominate the whole game rather than try to just break even in mediocrity.......

I clearly have NFI...............

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How much is Treggers going to play in the rucks?

Not sure about a forward line if the majority of it was Stewart as the lone tall forward. I hope Salter stays in... give him a chance in the forward lines at AFL level.

If Salter doesnt play it is the shittest forward line we have had all year given that one of Stewart and Trengove will have to play ruck.

We will be lucky to equal last weeks score.

Yea i realised this. I actually think he will be in. Didn't click with me that our second ruck was named at CHF for some reason.

Re: Round 11 Team v Hawthorn

Carr Myer and Salter would have to be, unless they flick Broady off. Unless Motlop doesn't play, but could Choco do that?

Also if Lobbe was to go in that would mean Stewart or Trengove would be dropped, would supporters be happy with that? I know I wouldn't. I want trengove in for keeps unless fatigue or injury and Stewart needs a good 5 - 10 games up forward in a row now.

Ulitmately trengove will be no.2 ruck, so we can only hope Salter players and Motlop sits out.

Once again I will spew in Broady goes, dozen cotested possies, 18 disposal, 6 tackles, he was very, very good last week

Re: Round 11 Team v Hawthorn

Carr Myer and Salter would have to be, unless they flick Broady off. Unless Motlop doesn't play, but could Choco do that?

Also if Lobbe was to go in that would mean Stewart or Trengove would be dropped, would supporters be happy with that? I know I wouldn't. I want trengove in for keeps unless fatigue or injury and Stewart needs a good 5 - 10 games up forward in a row now.

Ulitmately trengove will be no.2 ruck, so we can only hope Salter players and Motlop sits out.

Once again I will spew in Broady goes, dozen cotested possies, 18 disposal, 6 tackles, he was very, very good last week

Rick, I don't want to see these two lads dropped but the point is that Lobbe must play 'cause he is a ruckman and we need two ruckmen.
I reckon young Trengove is a center-half-forward come pinch hitter in the ruck but not a ruckman proper - whether that be first or second ruck.

Hawthorn squad ... going by that, Tom Logan will be CHF ;)

link
B: Brent Guerra, Stephen Gilham, Thomas Murphy
HB: Grant Birchall, Luke Hodge, Ben Stratton
C: Jordan Lewis, Sam Mitchell, Clinton Young
HF: Chance Bateman, Jarryd Roughead, Michael Osborne
F: Cyril Rioli, Carl Peterson, Brendan Whitecross
Foll: Brent Renouf, Brad Sewell, Shaun Burgoyne
I/C (from): Xavier Ellis, Rick Ladson, Garry Moss, Beau Muston, Ryan Schoenmakers, Liam Shiels, Wayde Skipper

In: Bateman, Ladson, Moss, Muston, Shiels, Schoenmakers
Out: Campbell Brown (knee), Lance Franklin (suspension), Rhan Hooper (hamstring)
link

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Team V Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back