Traded Ollie Henry - Traded to Geelong as part of a reported 3-way deal (details tbc)

Remove this Banner Ad

27 + Stephens for Henry could see it done?
A similar Jack Crisp 'steak knives' situation would be nice if it pays off!

Surely it’s this if we’re being rational. Or as Robroy22 has said, it’s a subconscious F U to Collingwood with a take it or leave it ultimatum.

I’d like to believe your version, but if that were true, the narrative wouldn’t be the Pies are ONLY after a first rounder + there’d be more talks over the weekend that the two clubs are close and just waiting for other trades to finalise this one.

Maybe it’s the Collingwood supporter in me, but I feel it’s Geelong/Mackie’s way of forcing a trade by checkmating Collingwood as I’d read earlier in the week Collingwood was going to try moving up in the draft by offloading a whole lot of our third rounders to Brisbane - seems as though the Cats beat us to the punch and snookered us perfectly in the process.
Don't buy into sensationalist media.

Surely it’s this if we’re being rational. Or as Robroy22 has said, it’s a subconscious F U to Collingwood with a take it or leave it ultimatum.

I’d like to believe your version, but if that were true, the narrative wouldn’t be the Pies are ONLY after a first rounder + there’d be more talks over the weekend that the two clubs are close and just waiting for other trades to finalise this one.

Maybe it’s the Collingwood supporter in me, but I feel it’s Geelong/Mackie’s way of forcing a trade by checkmating Collingwood as I’d read earlier in the week Collingwood was going to try moving up in the draft by offloading a whole lot of our third rounders to Brisbane - seems as though the Cats beat us to the punch and snookered us perfectly in the process.

That is exactly what Mackie has done IMO. 25 is unders but not low enough that Collingwood can walk away from it and lose Henry for nothing. To get the 25 they've traded out the future 2nd and future 4th which means they would need to get F2 and F4 back from somewhere else to trade our F1 so realistically that is off the table. They won't trade 7 from Bowes so Pies are just left up the creek without a paddle. It is good to see some Pies fans catching up now.

His manager did. You are continuing to imagine a narrative that helps you be upset - I have no idea why. It's like covering yourself in ashes and flaying your back like some self anointed pariah. Either way, you can keep talking rubbish if you like - that's up to you. But I'm out.
Could you post a link to that? I think you've imagined it.

That is exactly what Mackie has done IMO. 25 is unders but not low enough that Collingwood can walk away from it and lose Henry for nothing. To get the 25 they've traded out the future 2nd and future 4th which means they would need to get F2 and F4 back from somewhere else to trade our F1 so realistically that is off the table. They won't trade 7 from Bowes so Pies are just left up the creek without a paddle. It is good to see some Pies fans catching up now.
The trade won’t get done. Watch the ****ing sook go to the draft

Not sure why Pies in here are painting themselves into a corner.

Dead set against accepting 25 - what happens then? Re-sign Henry to a 1 year contract, with a supporter base who are now openly hostile toward him. Probably gets booed by his own supporters. Hardly inducive to a strong 2023.

Next trade period, what's he worth now OOC again, having played another 10-15 games at a middling level?

Then you've got those happy to send him to the draft and get nothing for him on principal. Your contracted players would love seeing that. Yikes.
oh they’ll just keep signing him in one year deals until they get the right trade. Ludicrous

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It'd still be possible. 25 and Sav for a future 2nd and 3rd. We give you a future 4th and Ollie and your future 1st is ours.

Not going to happen though. Mackie wouldn't have done the pick swap. It'd make it a stupid deal. He wants to keep the future first. Must really rate next year's draft.

Pies have said they want a 1st round pick.

It's not our problem that they traded the first pick and future 2nd it doesn't change our stance we don't have to make it easy for them.

Spent 2 years probably longer convincing Henry that Geelong is the place to be it's time put on the big boy pants and get the deal done.

I'm not expecting 7 that won't happen but neither should 25.

Um you get stephens has higher trade value then henry right? And you want to give him and 27 for henry. Thats literally insane.
They were taken pick 16 and 17 respectively, one has shown zilch in 3 years, the other plenty in two. You’re deluded if you think Stephens is worth more, I certainly hope he’s not involved in any trade.

Um you get stephens has higher trade value then henry right? And you want to give him and 27 for henry. Thats literally insane.
How does he have a higher trade value? Drafted 3 years ago and only played 7 games. The only slight increase to his trade value is that he is contracted but that still wouldn't put him near Henry

Pies have said they want a 1st round pick.

It's not our problem that they traded the first pick and future 2nd it doesn't change our stance we don't have to make it easy for them.

Spent 2 years probably longer convincing Henry that Geelong is the place to be it's time put on the big boy pants and get the deal done.

I'm not expecting 7 that won't happen but neither should 25.
its ok with both teams he will go to the draft no biggy.

I would be happy to see use 24 on him. Could be a good Gunston replacement and a better compliment to Lewis than Koschitzke. If he goes well we would get a F1 from Geelong the following year or if he gets regular games he may stay

Every chance 24 is a bust in this draft its worth taking Henry and best case stays becomes 200 game player, worst case he shows even more and you get a 1st rounder off Geelong in 2 years.

I can't see some Vic clubs passing him up after 16/17 in this draft.

To be fair Stephens lucky to get a 3rd rd pick now

If you look at the trades in isolation, most people agree that Henry would be worth a pick at or slightly better than which he was drafted at, say late first.
Stephens, through lack of opportunity and whatever else, many people suggesting Cats get a late 2nd or early 3rd?

Adding those together, pick 27 + Stephens for Henry seems to be pretty close to the mark, maybe a later pick swap to satisfy someone?
Both teams feel slight discomfort about the repercussions down the track of what could eventuate with the players.

Ahh yep so Cooper who is 2 years older and played 7 games is now worth more then Henry interesting that.

I don't know if he does have a higher trade value.

They wouldn't be able to convince him to go to the pies anyway, they wouldn't be making him any guarantees about game time. Unless there's a club that would fit him straight into the midfield rotations he'll be staying

So by this logic, someone should offer pick 3 for Paddy Dow?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back