Traded Ollie Henry - Traded to Geelong as part of a reported 3-way deal (details tbc)

Remove this Banner Ad

The big story here is after trying to strong arm Collingwood, they end up paying 25 and their own 1st rounder kid for Henry.

If you go back a few pages here, there were Cat fans who valued Stephens equal to Henry, yet he was steaknives in the Henry trade 😂

I think it is a good compromise. Lose a player who can't get a game, get a decent player back. There was talk of Hawthorn giving up a future third for him, so pick 25 and a future third for Henry is another way of looking at it really.

All in all, Collingwood got what they wanted, Geelong got what they wanted.

The big story here is after trying to strong arm Collingwood, they end up paying 25 and their own 1st rounder kid for Henry.

If you go back a few pages here, there were Cat fans who valued Stephens equal to Henry, yet he was steaknives in the Henry trade 😂
If we traded Stephens separately we probably would have only got 33 equivalent in value.

So it would have been 25 + 33 for Henry anyway.

Seems like you would have gotten away with 33 + 41 + 50 for Mitchell, so it seems to have ended up where it would have if we'd all done the deals independently

If we traded Stephens separately we probably would have only got 33 equivalent in value.

So it would have been 25 + 33 for Henry anyway.

Seems like you would have gotten away with 33 + 41 + 50 for Mitchell, so it seems to have ended up where it would have if we'd all done the deals independently
If that’ll help you sleep better tonight 😂

Ha
Maynard to line him up
ha Maynard
What A try hard dud

Calling it as I see it.

220+ pages of Cats fans laying s**t into Collingwood only to end up eating humble pie.

Best get it out your system then I guess.

To be honest I don’t think Bruhn is much better than Stephens.

It’s pretty marginal at this point.

Haha, now Stephens is a gun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They got 41, 50 and stephens for a 29 year old brownlow medalist? Wtf?
Mitchell is cooked as they come . Since breaking his leg he has lost all agility and burst . All he does now is go backwards .

Hawks couldn't be happier with this deal I imagine .

First round mid from 2 years ago in stevens

Add Clark at pick 6 and they have the start of a good young midfield

Pies weren't accepting 25 alone, and knocked back 25 and 33 reportedly. This essentially means we traded fair value in the end, as you got Mitchell (Pick 27) plus Pick 25 for Ollie.

Can't say we're being dicks the whole trade period, and then say we got reamed. In the end, I was happy weeks ago with Picks 25 and 33 (Sav). Sav stays, Coop goes, so that values Coop at Pick 33 - which isn't great but also not as awful as the Future 4th that was being rumoured.

Everyone gets what they want, and we move on.

You can find cat fans that rate Stephens higher than Henry but they are not the norm.

Stephens has potential and it's a shame to lose him, but he was barely getting a game and we just traded in Bowes and parked him in front of him. Stephens would have left for a third round next year after maybe 4-5 games at best this year.

I hope he absolutely stars for the Hawks and has a 200 game career with a 40% win rate.

Don't know a lot about Stephens, but a little surprised the Cats traded a first rounder from the Falcons.

I am sure they didn't want to, but he just wasn't getting a game and had a few players in front of him. Ultimately, he walks next year when he is out of contract, or Geelong can use him as a bargaining tool to try and get Henry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back