TARANTULA

Club Legend
Jun 17, 2005
QLD
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons
So we sit at 4-1 tonight, but I just browsed over our next 4 games and am having trouble finding any one of them that we will win.

Sydney (A)
Geelong (H)
Carlton (A)
Collingwood (H)

We might be looking at 4-5 and possibly 4-6 with Freo in Perth the week after.

First 2 are winnable if unlikely, we seem to play Geelong well here and they aren't really at their peak of the last few seasons. Similar with Collingwood.

Wouldn't be shocked if we lost all of them but would be hoping to jag at least one.

We usually push Geelong at home so I think we can win that one. The others are highly unlikely so 5-5 wouldn't be a terrible result all things considered, as long as we're competitive. Carlton is the one that could get ugly if we play the we did in rounds 2-4.

I'd like to think we can go 2 and 2 ( obviously the home games) and do hold hope from how unconvincing the form of the powerhouse teams has been this year.

What is more important is that we come to play when we are interstate, we need to start earning the respect back that we have lost in the last couple of years and we'll only do that by playing four quarters and winning on the road

On tonights performance Syndey will tear us a new one. THough the tight confines of the SCG should help our gameplan.

We may very well lose all four though I see 2 wins as possible, one as probable and three an outside possibility.

I did the ladder predictor for shits and giggles earlier in the week, and had us 5w-6l at the halfway point including a win over Port. Also had us finishing 10th over all, a game behind Essendon in 9th, who were a game behind Fremantle and Geelong in 7th/8th (I didn't do margins or percentages)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We seem to always play well at the SCG and match up well with the Swannies.
Geelong at home we are a chance as they will be without Selwood for a few weeks imo.
Carlton is another interesting one, good test under the roof, if Tex and Tippo can sinc and both kick straight we might be a chance.
Collingwood here...well its stop Swan and Pendles and not let Harry O run loose, easier said than done.

Think 2 wins are gettable, and as long as we continue to play for 4 quarters and take our chances the other two should be close as well. Belief is a powerful thing and the younger players such as Danger and Sloane as to some extent Tex are getting this. Jacobs imo is the best ruck in the comp at the mo.

The next month + Freo will be a season definer. We failed at our first 'real' test in Hawks, time to see if we're any good. If we can come out of this patch with 2 wins I'd be stoked.We'll definitely be underdogs for all the matches in the upcoming month and a bit though. It all depends on how our defence stands up. We're already seeing cracks against the lesser fancied sides... against the better teams we'll need to step up otherwise we'll be horribly exposed, just like against the Hawks.

Our wins this season have been against this years bottom 6 and they haven't been very convincing. If we get at least 1 from 4 I think would take that.

Dont write us off at the SCG, we've always played that ground well (similar width as Footy Park) and home games are always winnable.

Best potential result is 3-1 (I've already written the Carlton game off) worst is obviously losing all four. If we're to make the eight I recon we'll have to win 2 of them.

I seriously cannot remember our last game at the SCG. Have we played there in the last 5 years?

Remember the '98 Vardy final in the wet... Viska's massive hit on Kevin Dyson in the mid 90's... and Robran's broken leg. That's it.

I reckon we've played at Launceston more often than the SCG.

I seriously cannot remember our last game at the SCG. Have we played there in the last 5 years?

Remember the '98 Vardy final in the wet... Viska's massive hit on Kevin Dyson in the mid 90's... and Robran's broken leg. That's it.

We've played 15 games at the SCG won 10 lost 5, we've won the last three times we have been there, but havent played up there since 2008.

Last played there in 2008. Won't pretend to remember the game but Porps kicked 5 and Knights had 27 disposals.

Edit: to the above we'd just lost 6 in a row, including the Showdown the week before.

We haven't played there for a couple of years, but before that we won something like 5 in a row there. I get to the games in Sydney from the ACT, and have enjoyed the wins.

We beat them by about 30 points in their premiership year.

Despite their form, I give us a big chance...

Last played there in 2008. Won't pretend to remember the game but Porps kicked 5 and Knights had 27 disposals.

Edit: to the above we'd just lost 6 in a row, including the Showdown the week before.

Was a tough tight match. The porpoise dislocated his shoulder early in that one (as he was contractually obliged to do during the 2008 season), came back on and won the game off his own boot despite no being able to lift his arm above head height. I am exaggerating but not by as much as you think. 2008 version porpoise was such a badass.

Remove this Banner Ad

Our next month = 0-4?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back