Strategy Our Next Senior Coach: 2019 & Beyond... is Matthew Nicks

Our next senior coach...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nothing will ever top the hindsight about the melts here when we "missed out on" Mark Neeld.

There was also a massive melt on here (myself included) about Neil Craig getting the job over Terry Wallace back in the day too.

The combination of rampant rumours about Craig being promised the job and also his less than stellar stint as interim coach in 2004 created a massive backlash on here.

For me that's been the biggest coaching related melt I have seen on our board so far.

Yeah, that’s not true.

1. It would be a breach of the integrity agreement between the AFL and the betting operator; and

2. ‘Novelty’ markets like these are subject to strict liability caps so the betting operators don’t stand to make much cash even if they could pump a rumour.

It’s more likely the AFL have asked the operators to take the market down because they are aware of a leak.
Yep, because integrity is the AFL's strong suit and they're right on top of everything.

What you guys think of Brett Montgomery potentially getting the senior job?

On SM-G977B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Montgomery was all the rage couole seasons back with many believing that he waa very much a good senior coach on waiting however since his name seems to have dropped of the radar of many clubs who have required senior coaches

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Whichever coach we choose, we need to make sure 100% that
Gaawwww, haven't seen that lovely face in a while.

❤ Gillian

She was great in the TV series The Fall. Highly recommend it.

thefallnetflix2.jpg

There was also a massive melt on here (myself included) about Neil Craig getting the job over Terry Wallace back in the day too.

The combination of rampant rumours about Craig being promised the job and also his less than stellar stint as interim coach in 2004 created a massive backlash on here.

For me that's been the biggest coaching related melt I have seen on our board so far.
He sure proved everyone wrong in the finals he coached...

:(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club wont announce unless pushed

Its the Fagan Communication model

Roo categorically denied today that they have someone. They haven’t even got the panel finalised FFS. He also said they’d like to get the results from the review (which should finish at the end of this week) before they nut down the sort of coach they are looking for. He said he has, of course, looked at who’s around and made a few calls to see if they would be interested. No point in bringing them for an interview if they aren’t interested in moving.

Hope you don’t mind the intrusion.

Read some comments from your posters wondering about Schofield and as I am an avid and fanatical WAFL watcher I thought I might give my two cents worth.

I have seen him first hand at Claremont as well as watching him ply his trade as Senior Coach at Subiaco.

He is a very driven and focused individual, he is a tough no nonsense hard arse and is very demanding , but he gets results and is respected by his playing list.
Fair to say he doesn’t suit all personalities but he does get results. He is straight down the line and if you don’t tow the line he will move the player on.

His record speaks for it self he is results driven and he certainly gets results, namely Priemierships.

He is also a good developer of young talent, he also has a good record of taking other Clubs border line players and improving their skills and teaches them to become better players , so much so that they become starting 22 in his sides.

He is a touch old school is so much as he is a bit authoritarian. But he calls it as he sees it and is able to express and communicate it to his players .

I am old school and actually like his style.
He is worth strong consideration should you convince him to apply.

Always kind of liked your Club as our two Clubs share a bit in common, as both have to put up with an obnoxious , Jonny come lettely feral mob down the road.
Both our Clubs are the Big Club, in a two town City.

Hence the interest in who you appoint as your next Coach.

Word of warning and caution:

For the love of God please don’t even consider Ross Lyon he is a cancer and will end up infesting your Club .... granted he does has some loyal followers ( not surprising as he has his favourites and treats them differently to the rest of his list ) .
Also he pisses a lot of non playing Club staff off and to a point of being counter productive to whole Club.
He left St Kilda’s list in a s**tty mess and from what I have been told by some close to the action at Fremantle he has done a lot of damage to the moral of the whole Club.

If you think his terse smart arsed comment in the after game pressers are off , ( as I have been told ) just imagine how toxic he is behind closed doors when he berates his players . Let’s just say he isn’t endeared by all.

All the best with your search for a new coach . 👍
Any truth from what I have heard the teams he coached where ready made and blind Freddy could have won a flag with?

Interesting the wait for the extra panel members,
If all the media traffic is to be believed then the review is close to being completed, wonder if they are waiting for a particular person from the review panel to become available.

Roo categorically denied today that they have someone. They haven’t even got the panel finalised FFS. He also said they’d like to get the results from the review (which should finish at the end of this week) before they nut down the sort of coach they are looking for. He said he has, of course, looked at who’s around and made a few calls to see if they would be interested. No point in bringing them for an interview if they aren’t interested in moving.
Is a smart approach

The results of the review will inform the blueprint of what type of coach we actually need at this point

Ive heard that Roo has asked The Chief to also be part if the Snr Coach selection panel which will help bring together the findings if the review and the selection of the new coach

Is a smart approach

The results of the review will inform the blueprint of what type of coach we actually need at this point

Ive heard that Roo has asked The Chief to also be part if the Snr Coach selection panel which will help bring together the findings if the review and the selection of the new coach

Like I said, he’s saying all the right things at the moment.

And watch our modern new age players who all get haircuts prior to playing a orime tine game self destruct with a hard ass of a coach

We will be dealling with more player unrest then we arr dealling with now

Good. So we can finally stop profiling for/recruiting cupcakes with so called "good" breading and start balancing the list with antisocial bastards with great skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back