Outstanding individual performance's for 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

I have suffered as my team got 222 points kicked against them by your mob 18 months ago.

What did I do? I stayed till the final siren cheering my team on.

You're the one riding a premiership wave of success, bandwagoner :thumbsu:
Don't bother with that geelong sook.
He's still crying about his team performing the biggest choke in VFL/AFL history.

petrie vs collingwood was the best game by anyone in 2008

Disagree, only because of this....

Shaun Burgoyne v Collingwood - 33 disposals, 18 clearances, 3 Brownlow votes (in a side that went down by 31 points).

I watched Burgoyne's game in awe that night. It wasn't matchwinning, but we just couldn't stop him. Lade went alright that night too.

The Ablett performance agaisnt us early season might get the gong.
It was really a 15-20 minute period tho of total destruction to take the game away. From memory there was only about 7-11 pts in it at about the 10 min mark of the last then he went ballistic.

The 1st yr player Kieran Jack had come off a great game against Kerr earlier in the season as well as a cpl of other good games so Roos probably left him on Ablett when a move might have been warranted. Showing faith is a two way street tho and doesnt always work out.

Ablett had already had a great game but that last 15mins was definitely the best for the yr in my books.

Interesting point there mate.
I just remembered Morton and Wheatley being a class above everyone else that day - which was reflected in the brownlow medal votes.

What, they got three each?

How was the allocation of Brownlow votes different from any other game?

I have suffered as my team got 222 points kicked against them by your mob 18 months ago.

What did I do? I stayed till the final siren cheering my team on.

You're the one riding a premiership wave of success, bandwagoner :thumbsu:

That is one of my all time favourite matches... not because of the teams involved, I just always wanted to see a team get 200... sorry Tiges fans :eek:

Anyways, I remember Daniel Motlop had 7 goals in 3 quarters this year, thats one that comes to mind as a fantastic performance

Franklin vs Bulldogs. 2nd Qualifying Final.

8 Goals. Buddy had the ball on a string, Some of the goals he was kicking left you in disbelief. He was just amazing that night. :thumbsu: :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ablett's game against Nth Melbourne had the experts calling it one of the greatest individual performances of the modern era by a midfielder, when he gathered 39 touches, and 2 goals, and had something like 26 kicks.

Also his game against Sydney in round 5, Ablett racked up 254 SC points...:eek: Anyone familiar with Supercoach, knows thats impressive.

For the hawks:

Brad Sewell vs Port Adelaide. 34 touches: 11K 23HB 6M 2G 2B 6 I50 and 1 assist.

Lewis was also awesome that day but I thought Sewell dragged us back from 5 goals down to a winning position that day. Brilliant.

Mitchell, both games against Collingwood:
18K 21HB 5M 2 goal assists, 5 inside 50s
18K 17HB 6M 0 gpa; assost. 9 inside 50s
74 possessions across those two games and Malthouse still didn't tag him.

And of course, Buddy's 8-goal hauls against Collingwood, Brisbane, Essendon(9) and the Doggies.

Franklin vs Bulldogs. 2nd Qualifying Final.

8 Goals. Buddy had the ball on a string, Some of the goals he was kicking left you in disbelief. He was just amazing that night. :thumbsu: :)

He was amazing :( There were times where our defenders did well and got the ball to ground in marking contests yet he would just pick it up and bang it through from fifty off one step. He was unstoppable :(

He was amazing :( There were times where our defenders did well and got the ball to ground in marking contests yet he would just pick it up and bang it through from fifty off one step. He was unstoppable :(

Yep, he was good without a doubt, a bit quiet earlier in the year when the China doll played on him though;) Fingers crossed he stays injury free.

The most outstanding - Gary Ablett v North.

Kicked our ass, would of kicked anyones ass!!

that was just an amazing performance. i think he shrugged about 30 tackles that night, then he would burn them off with his pace and hit up one of geelongs fowards lace out.

top shelf

JOHNNO Vs Crows R1............Won the Game off his own boot in his 300th Game too Had to be seen to be believed :) ONE of my all time FAV Games :):):):):):)

Remove this Banner Ad

Outstanding individual performance's for 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Back