Ox made an arse of himself...again

Remove this Banner Ad

talking about Rex

DC - "ahh Rex, yes that was fun...out there on 3AW"

Oxx - "Welcome to plugsville" (something like that)

DC - "well it was all in the conversation"

15 seconds later...

Oxx - "Were you very close to coming to SEN?"

Silence

YOU ARE A MORON OXX!!!

Am i alone in preferring to hear people like Roy and HG commentate? Triple J get them and some other comedians to commentate 20/20 games and Rugby State of Origin.

It's so much more interesting than this banal, cliche ridden plainly observational shit. Either that or provide a digital channel with no commentary, i'd rather just hear the crowd.

I'm in whinge mode today.

Someone might wanna mention that when something good happens, he doesn't always have to go "Awwwww" or "Oooooh" or laugh as if he has seen something amazing. Drives me crazy.

I know there is a lot of love for Dennis on these boards, but I don't think he has a clue about football.

FINALLY someone else thinks that!

He sh'ts me more than anyone, purely cause he spends his time thinking up anal comments instead of actually learning the rules and players.

Two things just today: When he 100% unequivically agreeded with the 50 in the last on Lovett-Murry(?) and at the start when the roos were clearly on top: "a lot of people have written off the roos this year, but im not one of them" (i'm so good, unlike others) and then the roos get completely outclassed.

But seriously sometimes he's just off in his own world, a free kicks paid, he'll say "i have no idea were the umpire got that from" and the replay shows a blatant free kick (or vice versa). Happens 7+ times a game.

Eddie (non Pie games)/Bruce/Dunstall/Any radio callers/Huddo/Fox team>>>>Russel>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lane>>Walls/Dennis/and the rest

I don't know if you are aware of this, but he played a lot of league football in WA, as well as coached at league level, so I would think he knows a bit about it.

Not quite aware of that, knew he had a bit to do with it in the past.

Maybe he does know a bit, but he doesn't demonstrate it. Very, very late behind the play with his actual calling (take notice of it and it becomes frustrating), and most times his comments are very far off the mark.

Eg. Today when Essendon were 50 points up he was saying how surprised North would have been, and they would have pencilled in a win before the bounce. I don't think I'm being biased in saying Essendon showed plenty of signs throughout the pre-season that while they would not be world-beaters, they were definitely not going to be easy beats. You would think someone who studys the game and works in the sports/football industry full time would have some idea that if North were expected to win, it would not be easy or by much.

You could say its a trivial example but it happens often and for the so called 'best commentator in the game', it shouldn't.

Who am I to judge sitting in my armchair? Fair enough, it's a tough gig, but for all the love he gets as a commentator I think it is very unwarranted.

Someone might wanna mention that when something good happens, he doesn't always have to go "Awwwww" or "Oooooh" or laugh as if he has seen something amazing. Drives me crazy.

I know there is a lot of love for Dennis on these boards, but I don't think he has a clue about football.

Whilst I don't really like Dennis Cometti that much, I don't think you can criticise his football knowledge. He knows the game, he just forgets that he's doing commentry sometimes instead of stand-up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well mate, considering Cometti is probably the best TV announcer since Lou Richards in the 70s - I politely disagree.

Also, you might want to consider he had a hand in getting Darren Bewick to West Perth, who obviously later went to Essendon.

Oh yeah, apparently Cometti's eldest son is a mad keen Bombers boy.

He still holds the record for the most goals kicked in 7 games of WAFL Footy from memory, and was a good coach with West Perth.

So... I think he does have a CLUE.

Aside from all that has already been said, this one was the type of genius that enabled the Hubble to be built:

Hille takes a strong mark over the back of a small opponent...

With all the excitement of a 12 year old, Ox opens his pie hole:

"That's what a ruck man is supposed to do! They're supposed to ruck and take strong marks!"

There was beauty in about the third quarter where he said the "umpires have not made one correct decision in each teams forward 50 this game" To which Commeti replied "A typical Ox comment" or something along those lines. What a nob.

I think Ox's main problem is that he has the mind of a pre-pubescent little boy.. and while he has the correct ideas in his head, he is unable to articulate his point with any fluency...

Mind you as someone in the media and a special comments person this is something he really needs to be able to do.

I reckon the ox had a big line before the game he wouldn't shut up, and most of the crap he did talk about was utter dribble, it just goes to show that people who make the top level in football don't necessarily have to know jacksh1t about the game. If we all can see how crap he is, surely the people who hired him can too, here's hoping it's the last we see of him after this year has finished...

i know the big ox is probably too busy to be spending time on bigfooty forums but to think we are in a place where we can hide behind our computer screens and say our honest opinions without copping one in the head means we get a really good idea of the general football loving fans opinion on many issues. 3 pages down there has still not been 1 positive thing that has been said about the moron.
NOW OX IF YOUR READING THIS ----PLEASE GIVE YOUR MEDIA GIG AWAY TO SOMEONE WHO ISN'T AS ******ED AS YOU!

ps: If you cant think of an excuse just say you have relapsed into gambling again and need time off to spend with your family!

Listened to Gary Lyon doing special comments on MMM on Saturday afternoon. Probably the best special comments caller going around at the moment.

Whenever he spoke it was nearly always some to do with the tactical battles within the game and key matchups as they evolved throughout the match. Not only did he describe what was going on but also suggested moves and tactical changes that could assist each side.

Basically he thinks like a coach and is able to articulate his thoughts concisely and very clearly. He was both interesting and entertaining to listen to.

Compare that to the sort of rubbish that Ox spouts every single week.
- No tactical understanding of the game, never mind insight.
- Ridiculous, wild, stupid statements without basis or logic.
- States the bleeding obvious constantly
- Bovine ejaculatory moaning throughout the match when something exciting happens.

His skillset is more suited to a bogan sitting in the outer than being special comments caller. Any wonder the halfwit bankrupted himself gambling... he has the unfortunate combination of being unintelligent, lazy and arrogant.

Listened to Gary Lyon doing special comments on MMM on Saturday afternoon. Probably the best special comments caller going around at the moment.

Whenever he spoke it was nearly always some to do with the tactical battles within the game and key matchups as they evolved throughout the match. Not only did he describe what was going on but also suggested moves and tactical changes that could assist each side.

Basically he thinks like a coach and is able to articulate his thoughts concisely and very clearly. He was both interesting and entertaining to listen to.

Compare that to the sort of rubbish that Ox spouts every single week.
- No tactical understanding of the game, never mind insight.
- Ridiculous, wild, stupid statements without basis or logic.
- States the bleeding obvious constantly
- Bovine ejaculatory moaning throughout the match when something exciting happens.

His skillset is more suited to a bogan sitting in the outer than being special comments caller. Any wonder the halfwit bankrupted himself gambling... he has the unfortunate combination of being unintelligent, lazy and arrogant.
Well said likka

I really don't like listening to him. When he painfully struggles to construct some sort of profound observation on the state of the game i shudder.

Kangaroos player hits the post from a set shot in the last quarter

Ox: "Well, that pretty much sums up the Kangaroos day, doesn't it?"

NO IT DOESN'T. It would have summed up their day if he had have hit the post, then the post cracks in half and falls on the Roos player because he isn't quick enough to move out the way and none of his teammates are warning him that he's about to be crushed. Then the post would have to tap Lloyd on the shoulder who falls over winning a free kick.
Cheers mate, that's the first laugh I've had today! :):thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Ox made an arse of himself...again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back