Opinion Petition for a new logo?

We need a new logo

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I disagree. I think a club as big as ours can afford to get a new logo and find a better coach.

The logo is the face the club presents to the world. It's how everyone in the club and everyone considering entering sees it.

The Western Bulldogs changed their logo and won a flag a short time later. Richmond fixed their guernsey and won a flag that same year. West Coast brought back the '90s wings jumper and won the flag two years later. Melbourne canned the logo from their shit era and won a flag a short time later.

When your logo is strong, classy and attractive, it makes you proud and want to do your best. When it's a childish piece of crap, it does the opposite.

These are all distractions at the moment - look over here what we are doing.

When you logo is strong etc…. I never given it a second thought but hey perhaps that is me.

I’m ok with the Baltimore Raven style logo.

And for those that want to know, Adelaide does not have Crows in its metro area, we actually have Ravens.

New hq, new logo, should be nice.
It was heavily hinted a while ago by one of the higher ups that the logo would logically come with or before the new HQ. Rather than build it then have to change all the logos everywhere.

Surely they go to the members with some designs rather than going rouge with their last one.

Surely also someone on Bigfooty is part of that member engagement panel and can share a little sneak peak.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hugely important thing to fix for the club.

Yes onfield issues as well clearly.

But a club as big as ours should be able to do more than one thing at a time.

It can't possibly be worse than the current one.

On CPH2333 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Funny you mention this. I reckon as a club we put all our attention into the Thebby basket this year and didn’t manage the footy department side of things at all well and the season speaks for itself.

I think they wanted to release the new logo along with the new home base. The delays there I think have brought forward the logo.

We were already overdue with the logo, it couldn't be pushed back any further.

The logo I feel will be along the lines of the Gather Round range.

May not just be a new logo, couple of things that I'm interested in with the refresh,

Name change?

We always officially are referred to as Adelaide Crows. Have a look at the AFL.com.au ladder. Some clubs are just Essendon, Hawthorn, Collingwood etc. Others are Adelaide Crows, Geelong Cats, West Coast Eagles.

Could tweak it to just Adelaide. Not that fussed.

I doubt they make any major change to the name like Southern Crows etc.

Colour change?

I'm talking still keeping the same colours but changing how they are used in general branding. Gather Round branding being an example. A lot of the time the colours are used equally, could we move to a primarily navy branding? Red? Gold?

We have occasionally used black with some things, remember the dark crow graphics on the big screens at Adelaide Oval? Black we fly as one branding. Wouldn't mind seeing black incorporated a little more.

Notice the removal of the black crow, goes from black to navy to a horrible blue,

images (6).jpeg

images (7).jpeg
images.png

We should definitely be referred to as just Adelaide FC.

If we’re going predominantly one colour, should be navy blue.

I want them to rejig the lead in to the bounce as well. That e-sports shite needs to go. Don’t over think it. Just do enter sandman for the lead up.
What e-sports shite? Haven't been to a game for several years.

What e-sports shite? Haven't been to a game for several years.
Our 1 minute countdown song is some weird League of Legends song (and it cuts off before the good bit).

It's this, from anout :30 to 1:30 or thereabouts.

A few years back we had some generic battle type lead up music for the last minute before the bounce. It was nothing special but it was slightly better than what we have now. El Dood is on the money, need something that bumps. Port has the angsty teen love song market cornered.

I think they wanted to release the new logo along with the new home base. The delays there I think have brought forward the logo.

We were already overdue with the logo, it couldn't be pushed back any further.

The logo I feel will be along the lines of the Gather Round range.

May not just be a new logo, couple of things that I'm interested in with the refresh,

Name change?

We always officially are referred to as Adelaide Crows. Have a look at the AFL.com.au ladder. Some clubs are just Essendon, Hawthorn, Collingwood etc. Others are Adelaide Crows, Geelong Cats, West Coast Eagles.

Could tweak it to just Adelaide. Not that fussed.

I doubt they make any major change to the name like Southern Crows etc.

Colour change?

I'm talking still keeping the same colours but changing how they are used in general branding. Gather Round branding being an example. A lot of the time the colours are used equally, could we move to a primarily navy branding? Red? Gold?

We have occasionally used black with some things, remember the dark crow graphics on the big screens at Adelaide Oval? Black we fly as one branding. Wouldn't mind seeing black incorporated a little more.

Notice the removal of the black crow, goes from black to navy to a horrible blue,

View attachment 2075281

View attachment 2075284
View attachment 2075287
We went the lighter blue logo donut would stand out more on a navy polo

Like, we didn’t even use our main colour right in the logo do we coukd use it around it

Let’s fix that mistake at least

Strong disagree with the complaint around the pregame song, I actually love the Warriors lead up to the opening bounce.

The current logo is an abomination though and can't wait to see the back of it.
I wish they'd add the lyric and some visual to enhance it, the Crows did build this town!!!

I actually love the Warriors lead up to the opening bounce.
I'm not going to battle over the song but it does get the stadiums attention - which it is designed to do

It introduces players and numbers to the small audience that may be new attendees

But by the same token if it disappeared tomorrow it would not bother me at all

Strong disagree with the complaint around the pregame song, I actually love the Warriors lead up to the opening bounce.

The current logo is an abomination though and can't wait to see the back of it.

I miss the part with the slow zoom to Luke Brown's face, who it appears when asked for intensity and fierceness could only managed bemusement.

Keep the song, go back to prerecorded clips, amp up the use of Adelaide Oval's improved AV systems, it doesn't work when it's just Claude doing poses on the boundary to the music in a long camera shot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Petition for a new logo?

Back