Player Watch Pick #12 (2018) - Zak Butters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully Zak hasn't had to fork out these fines on his own. I've heard players from other clubs have their fines payed by their clubs - would like to believe that this would be happening for him here. No one flies the flag more than Zak!

He has been really shit this year.

Discuss

Absolutely not. I think it all comes down to expectations and perception.

Last year, Butters had a monumental rise, so we were consistently wowed by him game after game.

He had 30 touches, 20 kicks, almost 600 meters gained and a goal against Melbourne. But we've come to expect that from him now so it's just seen as an "average" game

He's now playing at that same level week in week out. Statistically he has improved from last year even, only by a short percentage but still an improvement.

He's also been tagged 5 or 6 times, which is something he's learning to deal with.

He has been really shit this year.

Discuss
I needed the word bat$hit in it.

Crazy GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's been a very good year. Not quite as good as last year but it is a bit like comparing Robbie Gray's 2015 compared to 2014. Gaining much closer attention and probably seems like a let down after last years breakout season but statistically it stacks up pretty well.

Clearly in our best two with JHF for me, should be AA.

It's been a very good year. Not quite as good as last year but it is a bit like comparing Robbie Gray's 2015 compared to 2014. Gaining much closer attention and probably seems like a let down after last years breakout season but statistically it stacks up pretty well.

Clearly in our best two with JHF for me, should be AA.
Too many other midfielders who have had more consistent but just as high level seasons for Buttsy to make it in this year I think

Too many other midfielders who have had more consistent but just as high level seasons for Buttsy to make it in this year I think
I guess it depends if they load the flanks and wings with surplus mids. Generally the bench is full of mids.

Would be stiff, I guess all of Cripps, Heeney, Daicos, Serong, Neale, Bont have to make it. I've got Butters well entrenched in the next tier that includes the likes of Gulden, Warner, Treloar, Merrett, Brayshaw, Anderson, etc.

Absolutely not. I think it all comes down to expectations and perception.

Last year, Butters had a monumental rise, so we were consistently wowed by him game after game.

He had 30 touches, 20 kicks, almost 600 meters gained and a goal against Melbourne. But we've come to expect that from him now so it's just seen as an "average" game

He's now playing at that same level week in week out. Statistically he has improved from last year even, only by a short percentage but still an improvement.

He's also been tagged 5 or 6 times, which is something he's learning to deal with.
yeah 100%

Butters laughing right in tubby Olivers face after burning him for a goal is pretty funny
View attachment 2077029

Tubby Oliver has actually performed on the big stage and has a premiership medal to show for it. Zak has been a flop on the big stage so far. His challenge is do it when it counts and everyone is watching. Until then Tubby Oliver has him covered.

Tubby Oliver has actually performed on the big stage and has a premiership medal to show for it. Zak has been a flop on the big stage so far. His challenge is do it when it counts and everyone is watching. Until then Tubby Oliver has him covered.

That's true, but it was still funny :)

It was just a photo lol.

The jury is out on Zak on the big stage, but he wasn't that bad last year either. He had 29 and 25 touches in the two finals last year. He had a crack, but the team as whole wasn't good enough. Winning premierships is never about one player. Just look at Nathan Buckley and Robert Harvey. 2 absolute greats of the game but retired without premierships.

It was just a photo lol.

The jury is out on Zak on the big stage, but he wasn't that bad last year either. He had 29 and 25 touches in the two finals last year. He had a crack, but the team as whole wasn't good enough. Winning premierships is never about one player. Just look at Nathan Buckley and Robert Harvey. 2 absolute greats of the game but retired without premierships.

Buckley has a norm smith and Harvey was probably BOG in a few finals too. Retiring without a premiership is a team thing but individuals can still do their best.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Buckley has a norm smith and Harvey was probably BOG in a few finals too. Retiring without a premiership is a team thing but individuals can still do their best.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
Butters averaged 27 touches in 2 finals last year, I don't think he was that bad. Our main issues in finals last year was having too many players underdone and banged up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Pick #12 (2018) - Zak Butters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back