Pick 9 plus Campbell Brown for Burgoyne?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Target - 10,000 Emails to Jeff by COB today

Do you think there's actually any truth to this rumour RustyHawk?

I ask because I just can't imagine Hawthorn trading Brown for any reason. But footy is a strange game sometimes and wierder things have happened.

Whether it's true or not is not exactly the point as it illustrates that we don't know anything beyond the movement of players. There could be a whole range of reasons.

Just sent mine off

i will be going for port if this happens

this club is a joke

Re: Renewing Membership (Brown Fall-Out)

i am angry... but i've always said i want shaun here

i will be renewing for sure... but still... we are getting F%^$ing r*ped in this trade!!! bloody hell

So far it is just a rumour - ONE newspaper has reported it in Adelaide. Every other news outlet is taking their word for it. No-one from Hawthorn, or Port, have confirmed it either way.

I'd be waiting until Pelch or Rhode actually comes out and confirms any of this and says before getting my g-string in a rolling magnus hitch.

f*** me dead, the ADELAIDE advertiser ran the story, ADELAIDE advertiser.

If brown is traded i will be very surprised. remember, the deal was supposedly done by now... the media are blind dart throwers, eventually one will hit the bullseye

100% agree that the club is bigger than any player.

But Brown is a fan favourite and Hawthorn would no doubt lose some members if he was to be traded.

We would have lost members after the Croad deal as well. (ask those who did not renew in 2002 if they are happy with how that turned out)

It is pretty obvious the whole Browny thing has a lot more to it that meets they eye.

I have been a member for 19 years and nothing short of the club folding would stop me from renewing.

As a member for sydney

the hawks can go and get _ _ _ _ _ _ ( fill in the missing words) if they trade him

no renewing for me

Dear Jeff,

I know you have absolutely nothing to do with this trade but since you're getting lots of stupid emails I'd just like to tell you that I think you're doing a great job and what's more, I can't wait to see Burgoyne bursting out of the centre of the G and hitting Buddy and Roughy on the tit with his exquisite skills.

By the way, if any of the membership-burning flogs have the reserved seats next to me, can I have their seat as well please??

Keep up the good work.

Cheers,
Flag08.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only renewing because I am Gold and not jumping off. Not happy if we trade Brown though, but will only add to the laughing stock that Hawthorn have become in 2009.

Calm down people :D

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...pbell-brown-deal/story-e6frf9jf-1225783738449

POrt Adelaide's Mark Williams driving Campbell Brown deal

* Mark Stevens
* October 07, 2009 12:02PM

BREAKING NEWS: PORT Adelaide coach Mark Williams is desperate for Campbell Brown to be a part of a trade that would send Shaun Burgoyne to Hawthorn.

The Hawks have been haggling with Port Adelaide throughout trade week over which player they will bundle with the No.9 pick in next month’s AFL draft.

The Port coach has gone as far as requesting Brown, Grant Birchall, and the pick No.9 for Burgoyne.

Sources at Hawthorn are adamant that Brown is a long way from leaving the club.

It is understood the move is being driven far more heavily by Williams than the Hawks, who rate Brown as a heart-and-soul player.

There has been a supporter backlash this morning and Hawthorn is well aware of Brown’s status among the fans, meaning Williams love for him may remain unfulfilled.

It is believed Williams faces a hard sell to get Brown to Alberton.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...pbell-brown-deal/story-e6frf9jf-1225783738449

Dear Jeff,

I know you have absolutely nothing to do with this trade but since you're getting lots of stupid emails I'd just like to tell you that I think you're doing a great job and what's more, I can't wait to see Burgoyne bursting out of the centre of the G and hitting Buddy and Roughy on the tit with his exquisite skills.

By the way, if any of the membership-burning flogs have the reserved seats next to me, can I have their seat as well please??

Keep up the good work.

Cheers,
Flag08.
This.

As a member for sydney

the hawks can go and get _ _ _ _ _ _ ( fill in the missing words) if they trade him

no renewing for me

I understand your passion but seriously, grow up.

If the Brown deal goes ahead then you can guarantee there is more to it than meets the eye.

The club is and always will be bigger than any individual.

Re: Pick 9 + Campbell Brown for Burgoyne??

Just a thought.....
Clarkson has committed to SB but Port want too much, Port had asked for Schoey + 9 which was refused by by Pelchin.
Clarko cant go back on his commitment to SB but he can let the deal fall over by offering Brownie who then refuses the deal at the end of trade week. Port then have to take 9 at the last moment or SB goes in the draft.

I hope I smell a cunning plan

If you're trying to be smart about it, as I also mentioned I was just passing on what she said. It is a separate issue as to whether it is true or not.

A receptionist should not be answering any questions to queries she is not qualified to respond to.

I can tell you what she said is untrue.

one wonders about the detail of the conversation between Hodge and Lloyd after the Rd22 game. given the strained relationship between Brown and Hodge

Lloyd was having a beer and Hodge approached him. lloyd thought "ooohh this could be interesting" on the surface it wasn't because they had a quiet friendly chat about life the universe and everything.

Maybe part of that chat was about Brown.

Should I hold off renewing my reserved seat by the 30th so we can have a look at all these new reserved seats coming up.

Cancelling your membership and emailing Kennett what a pack of knobs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back