Autopsy Pies go down to Hawks 101-67

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same old.........poor decision making (how often can we kick to 3:1 against and not get the message) and disposal.

There was good effort at times but we manage to dominate possession and go nowhere for 15 mins - opposition gets it and scores immediately.

Need all our young ones in there (incl DeGoey, Elliott) + Wells to have a chance. And probably should be getting Brown/Daicos/Shaz in there with the long term in mind.

dad4d3d3af348964772f48d23d35b08f

Reptilian shapeshifters

We'll be lucky to get 50,000 members this year. Maybe that'll wake Eddie up from his dreamy slumber, in which Nathan Buckley holds aloft a premiership cup.
He will label everyone as dis-loyal with side by side bull crap.

1st time in 20 years I haven't taken out a membership....hurts but what else can one do to protest this boys club.

Lets take our club back.

He ******* sucks. Like the other 21 out there.

You're right, he wasn't alone in his hopelessness. I think I'm upset with myself for believing he might turn himself into something better.

I won't waste time wading through the vitriol of vents and character assassinations.

I was hopeful but cautious and was looking for some development on the form that beat Melbourne in the last round last year. I wasn't expecting a huge step forward as our recruiting had been conservative. One problem in retaining most of the personnel is that you retain their weaknesses and they all came to the surface tonight. The ones we did recruit seemed worthy of the effort but many of our experienced players were outpointed and clearly short of a run. We returned to hurried 'kick in hope' options or panic disposals that usually ended up in Hawthorn hands. Hawthorn were so much cleaner getting the ball out of congestion and hitting targets up field. So much depends on getting the ball out of the middle and we failed badly. Tonight was typical of some of our performances last year. There is potential for much better but we have made little progress in having a potent forward line. I want Cox to be successful but I fear for his confidence after tonight.

The fact that we were looking at getting the deficit under 20 points in the last quarter was both surprising and heartening because at times we made embarrassing mistakes. There is certainly scope for players not selected tonight to make emphatic statements at training and VFL practice games in coming weeks.

In short, disappointed but recognizing that many players are better than what they delivered. Under-performance however cannot be accepted and put down to 'we'll do better next week' or we'll never genuinely improve.

Hawthorn matched us in the contested ball area with both sides finishing with 167.

We were always going to be in trouble if they did this as this is meant to be our strength and the type of football we wish to play.

We seemingly lost to them the same way we have for the last 7 years with not enough pressure on the ball carrier

They won the uncontested by 35 and that's game over I'm afraid with their ball use ability and forward line.

Last edited:
Aish didn't lay a tackle. I thought that he'd decided to become a footballer over the pre-season, I was woefully mistaken. Flick him to the VFL for the rest of the year, then flick him off the list.
His panicked little dribbling kicks along the ground are just embarrassing. Not up to it never will be.

We'll be lucky to get 50,000 members this year. Maybe that'll wake Eddie up from his dreamy slumber, in which Nathan Buckley holds aloft a premiership cup.
You don't need to worry about membership numbers. Eddie will give memberships away to anyone linked to a sponsor, just to keep the numbers high.

It's the same old BS the club goes on with. No true membership numbers, lies about injuries, jobs for the boys. All spin and BS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Entry into the forward line wasn't great, but Cox was an insult to football this evening. Reid was horribly off the pace the whole night. We need a quick reconstruction in that part of the ground.

Wow, what a night. Another good example of how Buckley's shit tactics don't work...
1. blindly bomb the ball forward
2. don't man players, cover space

I don't know whether to cry or break something...

No leadership at all

Treloar looked injured and/or incredibly unfit

Next week will be fun :$

Deep breath.

I hate that we cant beat this team. One win in 7 years is just pathetic. How did we let them get so far into our heads? They just own us. And MCG management showed some really poor form in the dying minutes of the game, by allowing vision of Eddie (looking as devastated as I felt) to flash up on the scoreboard. The Hawks fans roared. The family club were gracious in victory as always.

I dont recall a game where, collectively, our senior players performed so badly. Howe, Pendles, Adams, Grundy.

Cox will have nightmares over that one. Just appalling for the big man, he appeared utterly devoid of confidence and composure.

I dont normally go down the path of questioning the commitment of our fans - but surely none of us were unhappy with the performances of Stephenson and Murray? Two of the best debuts in years.

The fear that we were just papering over the cracks with the off-season review and its outcomes, has been realised.

We need new blood at the top. We need a new president of our proud and storied club.

We failed to hit the magical 70 point mark.. I would have taken that.

How many times in how many yrs have we gotten caught on the break.. another 6 mths preparing for it.. wtf are you looking at Bucks? You should be eat sleep and shitting this stuff until you get it right.. 24/7. Just like ****en Bill Gates.. used to sleep under his desk for yrs until he got it right.

This will be the bottom five by round 22 ( those played one game so far )
View attachment 474350

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

I’m going with “this could be our highest spot on the ladder all year” and then I’m going with “how many weeks until Buckley is sacked?” Clearly to the rest of the world he is gone already

Last edited:
We dont know what a proper club looks like anymore. We need a coach from a decent club to come in and take to us with a flamethrower. The road back is long, and it won't start until Eddie is gone. He is just adding more duration to the pain with every day he lets his ego hold us to ransom.

Must be loads of Buckley defenders really getting uncomfortable in their seats... But really have no right to complain. This is what they asked for.
More of exactly the same skills , personnel and flgame plan they wanted .

Yep. They where Happy we doing so Bad. So they can't sook about this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back