Pies vs Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

The last three games Crows have gone is as underdogs at about $3. Will be interesting to see how they carry the tag of favourites.

Amazing to see so many Collingwood fans come out and play the injury card, even before the bounce! Good teams have depth and find a way to win regardless. If the excuse is x and y player is out, then it's the whole champion team vs team of champions dispute.

The better team will win and should be a cracking game! Preview of September action
You mention the words ,injury and team lets see take out 8 of your current best 22, plus say dangerfield, and play the pies after they have smashed there no 1 hated oppositon, What chance would you give your team? Cut all bullshit aside all Crows fans are be playing the it will be close card, Get real you all are expecting a bloodbath and most pies fans have accepted this will probally be the case. But premierships can only be claimed at the G in september, if the pies are there it will mean that the best available are in the team and all guns are blazing. Crows vs pies at the G in september, pies by the length of a street.

you're right I think mate, we are in white hot form and playing a wounded pies outfit at home, the coach and players will really pump this one up. If we had Collingwood's injury list we would get smashed. We have such a poor record against the pies the boys will be really keen to put the foot down. 50k crowd expected as well.

Crows by 40.

Pies vs Crows - AFL Preview

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/136582/default.aspx

AFL.com.au said:
Having conquered three significant opponents (the Sydney Swans, Geelong and Carlton) in as many weeks, a win against Collingwood would lock Adelaide in as a genuine premiership threat. However, the Magpies enjoyed a great win against Geelong last weekend and will enter this match having won their last four against the Crows. Recent history says Collingwood has the edge, but after breaking their 15-game losing streak in Victoria last weekend, it's clear the Crows don't care what history thinks.

AFL.com.au prediction: Adelaide by 19 points

You mention the words ,injury and team lets see take out 8 of your current best 22, plus say dangerfield, and play the pies after they have smashed there no 1 hated oppositon, What chance would you give your team? Cut all bullshit aside all Crows fans are be playing the it will be close card, Get real you all are expecting a bloodbath and most pies fans have accepted this will probally be the case. But premierships can only be claimed at the G in september, if the pies are there it will mean that the best available are in the team and all guns are blazing. Crows vs pies at the G in september, pies by the length of a street.

I'm not sure if you had injuries or not at the time, but collingwood were not as great as you claim they were in the last final series and almost didn't even make it to the the grand final. I'm not saying we'll beat you if we met you in the finals but this thread isn't even about that

Bit of a danger game for us I reckon. Yes the Pies have a few out, but we can't underestimate them. Their record over here is amazing. They've been our bogey team for years. I think we will win but not by a lot. Really hope it doesn't rain, because we usually don't play our best when it does.

Pies havent lost at Aami for years.

Crows haven't been in this good form in years.:D

Home town advantage.

Swan and Ried out on top of N Brown, Tarrant, Ball, Krauker, Johnson.

Jacobs will beat Jolly.

And to top it off Sanderson as an ex Pies assistant will know his opponents better than most nad how to beat them.

Pies could be in for a spanking.............or it will be close.:rolleyes:

Not a traditional rivalry in the old vfl context but a modern day rivalry seems to have been built. I love a game against the pies , its always the litmus test.

This week is no exception and I for one have been caused far too much angst over the years to be remotely over confident.,especially given its being played at their adopted home ground. Should be a cracker as always.. I'm back home for the game and can't wait

Home town advantage.

Jacobs will beat Jolly.

And to top it off Sanderson as an ex Pies assistant will know his opponents better than most nad how to beat them.

Pardon me? I must have missed that one :confused:

Not sure if this is the right place for this but here goes.

Current odds are adelaide 1.50 and pies 2.55. Probably pretty fair.

Home town advantage.

Jacobs will beat Jolly.

Sorry to rain on your parade but he was with the Cats.
Going by your logic the Pies will win this becaus we have Ben Hart,who not only played with them for years but was also an assistant with the Crows last year, as one of our Assistant coaches. :D

Home town advantage.

Jacobs will beat Jolly.

LOL.Well he has all the dirt on Jet so Bucks obviously won't play him in the center this week.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sorry to rain on your parade but he was with the Cats.
Going by your logic the Pies will win this becaus we have Ben Hart,who not only played with them for years but was also an assistant with the Crows last year, as one of our Assistant coaches. :D

Sorry to rain on your parade but when Ben Hart was playing with them for years and also when he was an assistant with the Crows last year, the Crows were not playing anything like they are playing now.

If you take Hart's advice on how to counter the Crows gameplan, you will be trying to stop a gameplan that the Crows are not playing any longer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe adelaide are becoming a very good side.To smash geelong,and carlton says alot. I do believe we will likely lose this weekend,but i also think if collingwood had ball,krakouer,tarrant,reid,swan,nate brown,ben johnson all in the side we would beat them. But we can only put our best outside of that on the field this saturday so i would say adelaide will win very comfortably. And even if they are missing walker they will still win by a good 6 -10 goals.

How quick do things change in footy.......if these last few posts had been written even at the end of last year they would've been laughed off this site, we were that bad.

Considering in 2006 we were 14-2 and flying, then got crucified by ridiculous injuries and viruses... which killed our season, I'm not complaining right now!! We may not get many major injuries all season, and Collingwood are no guarantee to get all of those guys back.

I think if we met in finals this year, even if at the MCG, we'd be a huge threat to them.

As for this game, us by 5 goals.

Adelaide easy.. everything falling there way at the minute..easiest draw in the comp and playing half strength teams.
Haha, jealous much?:eek: You seem to be about the only Port supporter still struggling to admit Adelaide is actually a very good side this season. Cmon, take that first step. Port would have lost by an average of 10 goals in the last 3 weeks, and I'm also tipping the GC this week.

Considering in 2006 we were 14-2 and flying, then got crucified by ridiculous injuries and viruses... which killed our season, I'm not complaining right now!! We may not get many major injuries all season, and Collingwood are no guarantee to get all of those guys back.

I think if we met in finals this year, even if at the MCG, we'd be a huge threat to them.

As for this game, us by 5 goals.
The last time the crows were a huge threat, the pies kicked 11 goals in 17 mins, footy gods have gifted you a injury hit contender, for this week. Not sure about september. In fact i see no interstaters coming close to the pies when fully fit, knee recos aside . Enjoy your mid week mind victory.

Geez anyone would think you're playing your D grade team. You are still bringing a lot of quality players over the border this weekend.

Oh and the last time we were a threat you won by less than a goal thanks to the umpires. Ridiculous to imply that you destroy us when you play us, there's no denying we've played in some cracking tight games and Saturday night may just be another one.

Geez anyone would think you're playing your D grade team. You are still bringing a lot of quality players over the border this weekend.

Oh and the last time we were a threat you won by less than a goal thanks to the umpires. Ridiculous to imply that you destroy us when you play us, there's no denying we've played in some cracking tight games and Saturday night may just be another one.

here we go again, thanks to the umpires lol, that free kick was clear as day...

We played 1 qtr of footy last year and beat u by 5 goals after u had a 4 goal lead... u dont win premierships in may, ask collingwood 2011......

here we go again, thanks to the umpires lol, that free kick was clear as day...

I didn't say it wasn't there, I'm saying you only won because of an umpiring decision. But more to the point, I was using it as an example to show that we play in a lot of close games. As a matter of fact in our past 10 meetings, 5 have been decided by five points or less (4 of those were 4 games in a row over 2 years in 09/10) so riding on 1 game from last year where we probably had our worst season ever (yet were still level with you at three quarter time) is a pretty weak argument.

I'm pretty excited about this game, but the pain of '08 and '09 is encouraging me to settle down and bring it back a notch :eek: Should be a cracker, regardless of the pies' injuries they are still a top notch side.

This talk of hoodoos and the pies' record at aami can get pretty tedious though. Hope we can just bury it. Like others have said, we are a completely different side under sando so far this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pies vs Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Back