List Mgmt. Player List Management 2019-20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Brad Crouch...

I know it is blasphemous to mention a Crows player on here but...

26 years old.

Free agent (wont cost us any pics)

Ball magnet.

Pace (has he lost it?)

The major queries are injuries, disposal and contract price.

I actually think he is a pretty good fit for us, especially if Ollie goes.

If we get a first rounder for Ollie and replace him with Brad I think our midfield would be stronger and we get a free first round pick.

The downside would be the Crows getting a first rounder out of it and the potential for shadenfraude but we need to worry about improving us not what they do. They will get the compo anyway.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app
Just put you on ignore for that

So Brad Crouch...

26 years old.

Ball magnet.

Pace (has he lost it?)

If we get a first rounder for Ollie and replace him with Brad I think our midfield would be stronger and we get a free first round pick.

The downside would be the Crows getting a first rounder out of it and the potential for shadenfraude but we need to worry about improving us not what they do. They will get the compo anyway.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app
It’s not a crazy one but I think there are better options and those type of players can be found. Crouch wants too much money, has a long injury history and has terrible foot skills. If we are going to throw money, and maybe picks, at a ball winning mid, I would prefer Hopper, Perryman, Caldwell, Brodie, Dow, etc. ie younger, better speed and agility, better ball use.

It’s not a crazy one but I think there are better options and those type of players can be found. Crouch wants too much money, has a long injury history and has terrible foot skills. If we are going to throw money, and maybe picks, at a ball winning mid, I would prefer Hopper, Perryman, Caldwell, Brodie, Dow, etc. ie younger, better speed and agility, better ball use.
The thing with Crouch though is he wouldn't cost us picks which means we can bring in more youth and continue our rebuild and he is young enough to still be around when those picks hit their peak.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's a hard no to crouch has to be one of the most overrated players in recent memory.

Crouch wants to be paid as a 20+ games a season player with multiple AA selections, when you're going to get a 10-12 (if lucky) game a season player who is not in the top tier when on the park. Even if we wanted him, others (North for one) would be willing to pay more. If no one else was, he'd stay at Adelaide, they'd match a shitty offer that would only get them a 2nd round compo pick, given he's a RFA not a FA. There's too many reasons to say no.

On AA last night I heard 50% of a rumour from a Journo in Melbourne-

-salary cap to reduce by 10% next year and another 10% the year after.

But I didn’t hear what he said about list sizes over the next 2 years. Did anyone hear what he said?

It wouldn’t be surprising if the AFL adopted a more conservative business model moving forward. Watch them build a war chest over the next 5-10 years. This experience has exposed some terminal weaknesses in their finances.

So Brad Crouch...

26 years old.

Ball magnet.

Pace (has he lost it?)

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app
Another Tom Rockliff isn’t what port need.

Since the diabolical finish of the 2018 season, over the next 31 games we have debuted

Rozee
Butters
Duursma
Drew
Ladhams
Garner
Georgiades

Port debuted
Lycett
Burton
Sutcliffe
Mayes

Put at least 20 games into
Amon, SPP, Houston, and Bonner. Marshall has played 18 (couple of injuries in that run) and Farrell now 6 in a row.

Give Hayes and maybe Bergman and Williams games this year.

Keep putting games into young players around veterans whilst they are still at the club, but don't play veterans if they are not performing.

Since the diabolical finish of the 2018 season, over the next 31 games we have debuted

Rozee
Butters
Duursma
Drew
Ladhams
Garner
Georgiades

Port debuted
Lycett
Burton
Sutcliffe
Mayes

Put at least 20 games into
Amon, SPP, Houston, and Bonner. Marshall has played 18 (couple of injuries in that run) and Farrell now 6 in a row.

Give Hayes and maybe Bergman and Williams games this year.

Keep putting games into young players around veterans whilst they are still at the club, but don't play veterans if they are not performing.
So exciting crows supporters must be in dismay the last 2 drafts we have nailed it them not so much😂

do we have a list of players who are out of contract this year?

And when can clubs start signing players back up?

Don't think the Saints will be knocking one Port's door, unless they want a contracted player. The main players out of contract for Port (according to Footy Wire) are
Dixon - keep
Sutcliffe - retire/delist
Ebert - 1 year max/retire
Woodcock - delist
Pasini(R) - likely delist
Atley - trade?
Patmore - likely delist
Lienert - re-sign
Westhoff - retire
Grundy - re-sign
Mayes - re-sign (based on the last 3 weeks)
SPP - re-sign
Boak - re-sign
Burgoyne(R) - unsure
Mackenzie - resign
Buzza - delist
Drew - trade? (depends on the Wine's rumour)

And I believe that the AFLPA got the AFL to lift the ban on contracts when the last lot of games came out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think the Saints will be knocking one Port's door, unless they want a contracted player. The main players out of contract for Port (according to Footy Wire) are
Dixon - keep
Sutcliffe - retire/delist
Ebert - 1 year max/retire
Woodcock - delist
Pasini(R) - 1year I rate him and we dont have a huge amount of tall backman
Atley - trade Or delist
Patmore - likely delist
Lienert - re-sign
Westhoff - retire
Grundy - re-sign
Mayes - re-sign (based on the last 3 weeks)
SPP - re-sign Id hope to get his signature asap. could see a few clubs sniffing around
Boak - re-sign
Burgoyne(R) - unsure
Mackenzie - resign
Buzza - delist
Drew - trade? (depends on the Wine's rumour)

And I believe that the AFLPA got the AFL to lift the ban on contracts when the last lot of games came out.

I suppose that Pasini is a tall defender, they are pretty similar to ruckman, take some time. Jonas was originally a rookie but is now the club captain, so you raise a pretty good point there.

As for SPP, I agree, he needs to be re-signed, some people are very critical of his disposals, but I actually think he has been very good this season and greatly improved. I think he is much more important to the team than what people give him credit for.

I suppose that Pasini is a tall defender, they are pretty similar to ruckman, take some time. Jonas was originally a rookie but is now the club captain, so you raise a pretty good point there.

As for SPP, I agree, he needs to be re-signed, some people are very critical of his disposals, but I actually think he has been very good this season and greatly improved. I think he is much more important to the team than what people give him credit for.
When people talk about our kids SPP always gets missed must be because his a beast lol.

Pasini and Woodcock definite keeps for mine. Saw enough of Pasini to suggest he has some class (would upgrade) , nice athlete and more importantly is good by foot.
Woodcock is just a old fashioned style half forward/opportunist footballer, who is going to surprise a few with his footy smarts when he gets his chance.

Hopefully we don't have to cut list to much we have alot of depth and would be a shame if list sizes are cut to much.

It wouldn’t be surprising if the AFL adopted a more conservative business model moving forward. Watch them build a war chest over the next 5-10 years. This experience has exposed some terminal weaknesses in their finances.

Their finances? Australian Business model... World Economic structure...

Barely 12 months ago they were bragging about having the funds to buy Marvel Stadium ahead of the expiry of the lease which I think was around 2030 (2026 rings a bell but not sure).

I am not concerned about thr AFLs finances in the slightest. Might see a few small changes but nothing overly drastic.

I'd like to see the trade value of Ladhams, this year or next. By all reports the Hayes lad can play and we may end up with some value in our list that we can use for a tall defender. If his year continues to improve he might come into consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back