List Mgmt. Player List Management 2019-20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Bergman is going to be a good player for us because I'm still abit pissed we downgraded our pick 10 to 12 when we shouldn't of needed to in the Howard trade.
This let Melbourne take choppy junior who is an excitement machine would love to lure him back 1 day.

I hope Bergman is going to be a good player for us because I'm still abit pissed we downgraded our pick 10 to 12 when we shouldn't of needed to in the Howard trade.
This let Melbourne take choppy junior who is an excitement machine would love to lure him back 1 day.
He is playing for MELBOURNE of course he will want to come and play for us, as they are going nowhere with Goodwin at the helm.

Re-sign
Charlie Dixon
Sam Powell-Pepper
Brad Ebert
Willem Drew
Jarrod Lienert - 1 year
Trent McKenzie - 1 year
Jake Patmore - 1 year or delist if list spots needed
Jake Pasini
Jack Watts
Justin Westhoff - 1 year if not cooked

Trade Bait
Joe Atley - 1 year if no takers

Delist
Wylie Buzza
Tobin Cox (rookie)
Riley Grundy (rookie)
Cam Sutcliffe (rookie)
Boyd Woodcock (rookie)
Martin Frederick (rookie)
Jarrod Lienert will leave - West Coast and Melbourne all over him Im told.

The AFL will forge ahead with a conventional trade and free agency period starting on October 23 as it prepares for the craziest off-season player exchange in history.
The league plans a conventional 10-day trade period as well as a free agency period that will start on the Friday after this year’s delayed Grand Final.

If the Grand Final is not delayed from the scheduled October 17 date, free agency would start on October 23, followed by the trade period on Monday October 26.

That trade period will again run through to the following Wednesday November 4, with a night finish to the trade period again expected.

Last year the free agency period ran 13 days, taking in a final three-day period for clubs to match bids.

Do the right thing AFL. Same list size, but lower pay for everyone. Look after the bottom guys on the list.
They won't do it, confirm list size until Foxtel/Fox Sports sign up for 2023 and 2024. The AFL wants to do a new CBA covering 2021-24 years.

Channel 7 have cut out $70m off the fee they were paying the AFL for 2020-2022 years and basically applied CPI to the original 2022 fee payment for 2023 and 2024 amounts payable. They also have budgeted to cut production cost by $17m over 2020-22 ie central broadcasting from studio, not flying around the country and cut Talking Footy and Game Day.

Caro Wilson kept pumping up the AFL tyres that they would get a deal done with 7 and Foxtel soon when things shut down and both would extend their deal 2 years and then when they started again, and 7 signed their deal off on 11 June but Foxtel on the same day only agreed to a reduction of $30m per year for 2020-22.

I did a spreadsheet with the changes and stuck it somewhere on the footy industry board.

Murdoch isn't as keen as she thought. After praising the AFL over the NRL in August 2015 when they signed up again with 7, his people over the following few years have worked out that they probably paid $300 million more than they should have when compared to what they paid for the NRL on a per broadcast hour costs.

So Foxtel renegotiates a $90 million discount over 3 years 2020-22.

$160m cut over 3 years = $53m / year ie over 18 clubs = $3 mil less to distribute to each club each year which is probably what TPP will be reduced by in 2021 and 2022, given the players are effectively being paid;
5 of 12 months at 100% up to 31st March and
2.5 of 12 months at 50% whilst season shut down and
4.5 months of 12 months at 70% whilst competition runs,
which is approximately 78% of their original TPP. A 22% cut in TPP is approx $2.86m and if it applies to ASA's then that is another $0.255m.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol to think the Crows have spent more than us with their list
View attachment 932841

Will add that this article also states that Dixon is a certainty to be re-signed, and that Port are certain Ollie wants to remain at Port for next season. Also states that Port are not interested in acquiring Orazio Fantasia this upcoming off-season.

All we need is an elite KPD and some depth in that department, another high end midfielder and some bodies in the 22-26 range (Hewett from Sydney is available IIRC). This team doesn't have many holes so I don't see why we'd need to go all in on a big name in an area we're already well stocked in.

As far as trades go Bonner may attract some interest and I'm sure Hayes will aswell .
Depends if we want to get back into this draft 1 thing we have learnt is that you have to something to get something.

I did not say that with any authority, I was just implying unless we get “an offer you can’t refuse,” type situation why would our list manager entertain such a concept?
I didn't say shop him around but offers will come and as you say would have to be an offer we can't refuse.
I'm also in the need 3 ruckman on the list but if he doesn't get an opportunity he might look elsewhere hope not.

If we have so much cap space. We should go for the best mid available, a gun in the Josh Kelly ilk, would friggen love him at Port. We should then draft best available 195cm+ KPD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back