Please Post Congrats for GF win in this thread please

Remove this Banner Ad

yep well done guys - cherish the moment

an absolute brilliant display and it totally blew me away :thumbsu:

now its time to invest in all the memorabilia :p

Congrats on a great, fantastic victory. I admit I have used that awful term 'handbags' in the past but never again. Hard and tough, great team spirit - that's the Cats of 2007. Just hope I don't have to wait too much longer for a Doggies flag, 44 years was agony for you but 53 years is a lifetime sentence!

it's a funny feeling today... while i'm obviously unhappy about my team's loss... my overiding feeling is one of complete admiration for geelong and the way they played for every minute of the game. the cats were simply fantastic.

your domination of the game made it look as if you had 30 players on the field

enjoy your win cats fans. you should all be very proud.

Well done Cats :thumbsu: One of the all time great performances and with the strength of the list there should be more fun to come over the next few seasons.
I have to say im glad i called in and watched your training way back in march. The financial reward is very sweet now :D

Congratulations Geelong, the best team won and also for the 44 year wait is over. Well done everyone in the team including you Brad Ottens. What a performance. Glad when you left Richmond that Geelong got the best out of you. Everyone contributed to the victory and also the Premiership Cup is back in Victoria!!

Well done Cats. By far the best team all year and the ruthless display on the big day was awesome. :eek:

Hats off to Port for making it, and Mark Williams on a very classy performance as the losing coach. :thumbsu:

Selwood, with one of the best debut seasons ever, was the standout Rising Star. Jimmy Bartel was a worthy and humble Brownlow medallist. Plus the minor premiership, VFL & now, finally, THE AFL PREMIERSHIP!... I feel an Al Stewart song coming on! ;)

Heart-felt commiserations to poor Mark Blake. Really felt for him and was impressed with how he handled himself. Let's hope he gets another shot.

Bomber Thompson's a gem. You're lucky to have him.

Enjoy the glory, Cats! You thoroughly deserve it. :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Congratulations to Geelong FC. Answered all questions emplatically and slew the 44yo demon. Tough to live up to such a great 2007 but you can worry about that next year.

I don't think Eddie minded either. When they cut away to him during the telecast with Geelong up by about 40, his fat head was glowing with smiles.

I'm glad you're taking it so well. Or are you still in shock?
I was expecting a close fought game.....
That sought of "flogging" has to have an impact on Club.
Just glad the Pies were not on the receiving end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm glad you're taking it so well. Or are you still in shock?
I was expecting a close fought game.....
That sought of "flogging" has to have an impact on Club.
Just glad the Pies were not on the receiving end.

I was so angry on saturday I was punching walls and throwing things around the room. Such an insipid performance. But, Geelong didn't let us play any better either. 50-50 there. Half our fault, half Geelong's awesome display.

But, got to see the forest from the trees....ie, this is a very young group, who wasnt even expected to make the 8 even. So for them to make the grand final just shows how dangerous we will only become next year and 2009 when we add a few players, get rid of a few players, improve their physiques, etc etc.

I dont think at all that this tailspins Port into some nightmare for a decade at all! But the opposite. If you know Port of old, this will be the same thing......adversity and desire to be even better.

So that anger and hurt has turned into optimism and excitement looking forward to 2008.

As a CROWS supporter, I was barracking hard for the Cats to win. An awesome display that caused a 'Power failure' at the MCG. Well done!

As a CROWS supporter, I was barracking hard for the Cats to win. An awesome display that caused a 'Power failure' at the MCG. Well done!

Yeah, a lot of Cows supporters tend to abandon their state allegiance like that. Not too many Power supporters tho imo.

Your nation, then your state, then your club.

Well done to Geelong on Saturday's win. One of the most dominating seasons we have ever witnessed. You guys played the best Grand Final footy that I have seen in years. Enjoy the moment 44 years of pain you have earned what you will be enjoying for the next 6 months. Good luck in 07.:thumbsu::D:thumbsu:

I am SO PROUD of:
The way you played all season (all of you..including Egan, Blakey, Travis, Tommy, VFL Boys)
The sportsmanship you displayed all season
The way you played in the Grand Final
The way you celebrated
The way the club has been rebuilt but Frank, Brian et al
The way Bomber gritted his teeth after 2006
The way Jimmy accepted his Brownlow
The way Steve Johnson has turned it around....full circle
The interview Tom Harley just gave on SEN

Wow. Awesome.

Was barracking for you guys but didn't want you to smash our record GF margin.

If Hawthorn's window is about to open over the next 3-4 years then we are certainly going to have to play some great footy because you guys don't look like letting up for a while.

Congratulations and enjoy your success. It is much deserved.

Well done guys, my third favourite grand final ever. Congrats on the record margin against choke-o's chokers. You did the right thing by 90% of south australia, for which we are eternally grateful.

Especially well done to the little eagle champ matty stokes, who courageously came back on and performed.

Well done Cats.

Whilst i am a passionate Carlton supporter, i have a lot of family down Geelong way who have suffered for many years who are still partying now from all reports!

It was great to see the best side this year get the reward they so thoroughly deserved. So long as the side can stay together and remain relatively injury free there is no reason why another flag can't follow in 2008.

They drought is over...party long & hard!

I would have posted sooner, but my internet got a virus on Thursday, and I just got the computer back from the repairers today.

Anyway, I just want to congratulate everyone involved with the Geelong Football Club for winning the premiership. At last, after 44 years.

Was nervous all week. Obviously didn't affect the team, but Mark Williams' mind-games affected me. Great to see the win, and even greater to see the margin.

It is one of the best days in my life. After years of copping handbag and "At least I've seen my team win a flag" taunts, now I can have the last laugh.

I will admit now that I was very wrong. At the end of 2007, I wanted Mark Thompson sacked and about 15 players traded or delisted, and thought that we should re-build from scratch, in order to win a flag in 4-5 years. Boy, am I glad that I was wrong about that. Good on Mark Thompson, whose mild-mannered nature I saw as a weakness last year, was an added strength during the finals, to keep the club focused and to keep a "lid on it". Thommo can now officially lift the lid, and enjoy it with the players, because this is your victory too.

Players such as Mackie, Josh Hunt and others who I wanted gone last year, have had great seasons, and look forward to continued improvement. Also, glad to see Steve Johnson come on. I glad now that we didn't trade him.

Congratulations to so many others too. Too many to mention, such as MVP Ablett, Brownlow Medallist Bartel, Rising Star Selwood, VFL Premier team etc. Look forward to attending the B& F Thursday night, and celebrating this tremendous victory.

Great to also see the joy from past players Stoneham, Ablett snr, etc. Billy's tears were great to see, from a man who bleeds for the club.

CONGRATULATIONS GEELONG FOOTBALL CLUB - 2007 AFL PREMIERS!!!
THE GREATEST TEAM OF ALL.

Brownlow, Rising Star, 9 All-Australians, record GF Margin, Norm Smith, VFL Premiers, Liston, numerous Coach & Player of the Year awards, and minor premiers.

I'm calling it now- GEELONG -2008 AFL PREMIERS!!!!!:thumbsu::):rolleyes::p;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Please Post Congrats for GF win in this thread please

Remove this Banner Ad

Back