please swans fans dont ever whinge about umpiring again armchair ride in prelim

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: How come when swans players lie on the ball there is no free piad for holding it in?

Svenny said:
neither just confused why 1 team in the league is alowed to lie on the ball when there is a stoppage yet 5 players are hailing the cab and no free is paid...yet as soon as another player does it its holding the ball......

it just staggers me that the swans players do this 40 times a game and not once where they pinged for it yet tacklers hail the cab....its wrong....no other team is allowed to do it

forget about west coast next to my name and look at what I am asking...why are swans players allowed to lie on the ball and no one else is......???

Because it was homeground bias...something the eagles are used to :thumbsu:

Svenny said:
look swans were the better side and deserveda great win no doubt about it....but why is ok for swans fans to come here in droves and bleat about umps when its a close game at subi yet as soon as another fan does it you dont like it.......thats bull sh-it...cant take dont give it pal...I bet you bagged the umps after the swans games in perth...

I think you have made your point

Let it go

Svenny said:
you are getting gifted an armchair ride

Weat Coast supporter complaining about umpiring

hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha
hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha..

Sorry.....the irony just tickled my fancy.

Don't know what the final figure was but it was 22-15 the Docker's way at 3/4 time according to the ABC.

There were afew clear ones that stopped us in our tracks in the 3rd term. marks in our 50 for a shot at goal, monstered by defender, rebound, goal to swans. COuld have reallt sety it up for a humdinger last term with scores level.

That said, we were nervous and poor early, Swans average kicking kept us in it 1st, then guts and determination kept us in it 2nd, but then when Swans kick late goals in 3rd it was all over. Swans forward line too good, as it was against west coast 1st up.

I don;t mind the Sydney flood, it forces good contested play, and then when they break they are precise and deadly and strong. I'm glad we took it on and almost pulled it off instead of nancying around with the ball waiting for the loose man.

Hmm the umpiring at the end of the 3rd really did gift Swans a lead at 3/4 time that we probably deserved, but I still think that their structure, and their harder attack at the ball around the clearnaces, would have carried Swannies home regardless.

Great game of footy. Swans the team to beat. No matter what Adelaide or the toast do tomorrow, the Swans forward line is in awesome nick indeed.

sackrash said:
[/i]

Cheers and bad luck, freo will be there next year and the stronger for it.

It did as the stats showed (18-12)

Wet toast fan upset that his team yet again wont win a flag as even if by some miracle they do win tomorrow, they will have to face their nemisis. Couldnt do it in WA, wont do it in melb....
[/i]

we'll see Hansen Embley kerr Seaby didnt play remember....

we'll have a crack if we make it if we dont thats cool it will be a great GF still between crows if they make it

Re: How come when swans players lie on the ball there is no free piad for holding it in?

****ing hell...its ok for swans fans to complain about the the hometown free kicks the eagles apparantly get but when an eagles fan complains about sydney home town umpiring they are either bitter or scared.
Weak, just weak.

get over it ... umps had nothing to do with it!

we were beaten by a much better side on the day. they boys picked up and threw everything at the swans in the 3rd quarter and sydney still won the quarter!

MAD MONDAY! ;)

RhEF JC said:
Damn it, why are people so insistent that an even free kick count is both sufficient and necessary to demonstrate that umpires were fair. I for one wanted to see sydney get up (and admit that the free kick paid to stenglein in the qualifying final last year was not there) but there were a hell of a lot of glaring free kicks not paid, and most of them should have gone freo's way.
Yes the crowd's going to be a factor simply because the umpires are human, just as it's a factor at subi. However, how swans fans can have the audacity to complain about free kicks at subi and not graciously accept that tonight they got the good end of the deal is beyond me.

Exactly.

Re: How come when swans players lie on the ball there is no free piad for holding it

foz_17 said:
****ing hell...its ok for swans fans to complain about the the hometown free kicks the eagles apparantly get but when an eagles fan complains about sydney home town umpiring they are either bitter or scared.
Weak, just weak.

Freo got 18-12 in their favour tonight. Compared to the 36-18 (i think?) in favour of the Eagles at Subiaco earlier in the year. Whats your point? :rolleyes:

we'll see Hansen Embley kerr Seaby didnt play remember....

Very true, but the GF isnt played in WA remember. What is the WC record for away finals since 94 by the way? If i read correctly (and will completely admit i am wrong if so, was something i read on WLF the other night), their record is 2 wins 11 loses.

we'll have a crack if we make it if we dont thats cool it will be a great GF still between crows if they make it

Based on the above, i am hoping West Coast make it (plus our terrible record agains the crows), but yeah, it will be another great gf either way..

Re: How come when swans players lie on the ball there is no free piad for holding it

Svenny said:
neither just confused why 1 team in the league is alowed to lie on the ball when there is a stoppage yet 5 players are hailing the cab and no free is paid...yet as soon as another player does it its holding the ball......

it just staggers me that the swans players do this 40 times a game and not once where they pinged for it yet tacklers hail the cab....its wrong....no other team is allowed to do it

forget about west coast next to my name and look at what I am asking...why are swans players allowed to lie on the ball and no one else is......???

I hope you are pissed, you would be the worst poster for grammar and spelling I've seen. Keep sinking 'em son.

Re: please swans fans dont ever f--en whinge about umpiring again armchair ride in prelim

nico said:
After watching the red and white for close to 50 years and having been branded as the easy beats and soft targets, it is just music to my ears to hear the pathetic ramblings of other club supporters. Up the lot of you I say.

50 years? Are you the guy tha Plugger kicked the ball into at the SCG

BTW, quite an achievement being triple wooden spoon winners.

Ed_Gein said:
Freo got 18-12 in their favour tonight. Compared to the 36-18 (i think?) in favour of the Eagles at Subiaco earlier in the year. Whats your point? :rolleyes:
If you knew anything about football (your a swans supporter so i doubt it) you would know that its not the free kick count that matters, it is weather the free kicks that are there to be paid are paid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: please swans fans dont ever f--en whinge about umpiring again armchair ride in pr

Ruddiger said:
50 years? Are you the guy tha Plugger kicked the ball into at the SCG

BTW, quite an achievement being triple wooden spoon winners.

Who cares about spoons mate, you should just worry about tomorrow.

foz_17 said:
If you knew anything about football (your a swans supporter so i doubt it) you would know that its not the free kick count that matters, it is weather the free kicks that are there to be paid are paid.

Not if your a Sydney supporter

Re: please swans fans dont ever f--en whinge about umpiring again armchair ride in prelim

1. To say that the umpiring favoured sydney is not to say that sydney would not have won regardless

2. This is not about west coast. I believe it's called the ad hominem fallacy

3. An even free kick count is not necessary or sufficient to demonstrate umpires were fair

foz_17 said:

I hope the "weather" is good for you foz_17!

foz_17 said:
Chance of afternoon showers.

sackrash said:
Very true, but the GF isnt played in WA remember. What is the WC record for away finals since 94 by the way? If i read correctly (and will completely admit i am wrong if so, was something i read on WLF the other night), their record is 2 wins 11 loses.

Based on the above, i am hoping West Coast make it (plus our terrible record agains the crows), but yeah, it will be another great gf either way..

swans deserved thier win i have barked about the umps but they won the game and thats all that matters really....

I am philosophical about tomorrow...hoping we win wouldnt be shattered if we lost though

lets hope its another classic like last season hey

Re: please swans fans dont ever f--en whinge about umpiring again armchair ride in pr

swanniez1983 said:
examples?

Sydney player tackled, literally puts the ball on the ground as though scoring a rugby try. The ball is picked up by another Sydney player, does exactly the same thing. Obviously a new interpretation for playing on a rugby league arena.

Thought that the umpires tonight were good.

Except for at a vital moment

Pinged Dodd for hovering over the ball, but players had been doing this all night so not very consistent.

Then immediately after this free kick Hall gets one of the softest free kicks u will see. Wrestling with McPharlin, Hall actually has his hand pushing into McPharlins face and McPharlin pulling back Hall's arm.

Both free kicks should have not been awarded and play on called.

Apart from these incidents i thought the umps did well.

But in response to the question, yes Sydney players do look to lock the ball in instead of getting it out and moving.

Foreign Legion said:
I hope the "weather" is good for you foz_17!
Your best comeback is to comment on my spelling? That just backs up my point.

foz_17 said:

Typical arrogant budgie supporter.
So the free kicks that should have been paid, were paid :confused:

Hey folks I think we have just found Scott McLaren :eek:

foz_17 said:
Your best comeback is to comment on my spelling? That just backs up my point.

I wasn't the only poster who noted it - check back through the posts foz...

Glenn_ said:
Typical arrogant budgie supporter.
So the free kicks that should have been paid, were paid :confused:

Hey folks I think we have just found Scott McLaren :eek:
You f**king idiot. I'm pretty sure the whole point of this thread was that sydney were diving on the ball and not being penalised when they should have been.

Remove this Banner Ad

please swans fans dont ever whinge about umpiring again armchair ride in prelim

Remove this Banner Ad

Back