Draft Expert PMBangers 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

How confident are you that he'll still be available at North's second pick - #22?
Hard to say until the order is set, we're seeing more and more that quality Smalls are vital to be a successful side, so teams without any standout guys would be looking at Berry and Hannaford eagerly in the top 20, but may be just as happy with Alger, Hayes, Dolan, Angove, etc. later on.

A lot will come down to list needs as a whole picture I imagine, with the depth of the draft I think we'll see a lot of calls that essentially boil down to "Do we want a higher ranked tall and a lower ranked small, or do we want a higher ranked small and lower ranked tall"

PMBangers what do you view Dattoli as at AFl level? Impressed with games through the mid but not sure he doesn’t play as a small forward

PMBangers what do you view Dattoli as at AFl level? Impressed with games through the mid but not sure he doesn’t play as a small forward
I think he'll be a high half forward/ wing, matches his skillset best. Possibility that he ends up an inside mid in the long run of course but I wouldn't be drafting him with high hopes of that

Love your work pmbangers I keep hearing this draft is extremely even over the first 10-15 picks . St kilda now hold picks seven and eight in your opinion should they take them picks to the draft or if an opportunity arises to trade them to move into a very early pick what should they do ? Cheers

Love your work pmbangers I keep hearing this draft is extremely even over the first 10-15 picks . St kilda now hold picks seven and eight in your opinion should they take them picks to the draft or if an opportunity arises to trade them to move into a very early pick what should they do ? Cheers
trade pick 8 to Port for Houston allows saints to play NWM as a winger and draft best available midfielder at 7

trade pick 8 to Port for Houston allows saints to play NWM as a winger and draft best available midfielder at 7
If we were in a position to contend in the next couple years I would do it but I think we are a fair way off that, our midfield is absolutely terrible that’s my question is the talent at say pick 1 or 2 absolutely elite when compared to who might be available at 7-8 we need a a grade midfielder desperately

From my POV there's a top 8 that includes Levi Ashcroft, so 7 non-aligned prospects that I wouldn't want to be trading away from unless it was something substantial, so if I was the Saints list boss I'd be wanting to keep that Pick 7 and assess what options there are around Pick 8 for a trade involving a good midfielder.

Personally don't see much value in trading up from 7/8 into the top 3, but clubs will be seeing it differently so if the Saints rate Lalor, Draper, FOS as a clear top 3 for example then I think they'd look at moving up.

From my POV there's a top 8 that includes Levi Ashcroft, so 7 non-aligned prospects that I wouldn't want to be trading away from unless it was something substantial, so if I was the Saints list boss I'd be wanting to keep that Pick 7 and assess what options there are around Pick 8 for a trade involving a good midfielder.

Personally don't see much value in trading up from 7/8 into the top 3, but clubs will be seeing it differently so if the Saints rate Lalor, Draper, FOS as a clear top 3 for example then I think they'd look at moving up.
Cheers mate who do you think might be available at 7 that you
Would take?

Cheers mate who do you think would be available at 7 that you
Would take?
Smillie, Armstrong and Lindsay are the back end of my top 8, so I'd be happy with any of them. I do also think Tauru as a potential Battle replacement would appeal a lot

Bangers, great work as usual. Who would you go for if you were the Dees this draft?
Any of those top few midfield prospects should be firmly in the dees sights imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's say I wanted to get a player of the same quality I could get with a top 3 pick, but I've got a top 12 pick...

What are my chances?
In this draft they're about the same chance!

Let's say I wanted to get a player of the same quality I could get with a top 3 pick, but I've got a top 12 pick...

What are my chances?
Surely the Eagles are targeting Bo Allen with pick 12

I really wasn't expecting to be heavily invested in this year's draft. Playing catch up has been a nightmare, so I'll call on the experts.

Who should we take at 3 PMBangers and why should it be Sid Draper aka SoD (Son of Don)?

They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather

I really wasn't expecting to be heavily invested in this year's draft. Playing catch up has been a nightmare, so I'll call on the experts.

Who should we take at 3 PMBangers and why should it be Sid Draper aka SoD (Son of Don)?

They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather
Sid is certainly a good option to add some speed to what is a mostly slow Carlton midfield group. FOS is another good option for speed too and is a much better ball user to go with it

Explosive big bodied HB/mid and there were rumors they were linked weeks ago.
Quality kid
We probably will pick him, the feel with the fans is he's not a particularly great fit. He seems a bit similar to what we have. Travaglia is the dream to somehow slip through. Really Draper or Jagga seemed perfect fits.

We probably will pick him, the feel with the fans is he's not a particularly great fit. He seems a bit similar to what we have. Travaglia is the dream to somehow slip through. Really Draper or Jagga seemed perfect fits.
Draper is amazing, some phantom drafts having him slip to 10 is pretty surprising to me.

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out for West Coast. Outside of a handful of kids opinions seen to vary more widely about this draft crop than any others in recent memory.

For a midfielder heavy draft, a lot of non-mids really finished the season well and climbed draft boards.

PMBangers What do you think the Tigs will do with 6?
I'm starting to think we may reach for Armstrong at 6 to make sure we have him
I doubt he is there at 10 or 11.
Thoughts?
With such a strong draft hand that seems a good way to go if Armstrong is their highest rated KPF, but with the depth of KPF talent (I don't have much separating JWhitlock, Shanahan and Armstrong for example) you're also not in a position where you absolutely have to reach for a guy in one position if you've got higher rated players on the board.

To be blunt, and I'm not saying anything new here, the Tigers need some good quality youth across the board, so I'd be against getting picky with any top 15 selection just to get a player in a certain position

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft Expert PMBangers 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back