2nds Port Adelaide vs WWT Eagles - Round 17 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Sunday 11th of August. 2:10pm at Alberton Oval. Streamed on the AFL website.

Pending the injury list: T.Marshall (Hip), Soldo (Knee) and Nick Moore (Leg) to be assessed.

McKenzie (Quad) and K.Marshall (Shoulder) out for the season.

Jed McEntee will return from his concussion.

Jacob Moss could make his debut.

Note: This game is the day after the AFL game, so the sub (EG: Narkle) can play.

Back on the bottom, a win would put us up to 9th.
1722691355837.png

League Stats Leaders for Port:
Tom Clurey =3rd for Marks.
Dante Visentini 4th for Hitouts.
Tom Clurey =8th for Rebounds out the Back 50.
Tom Clurey 9th for Kicks.

Maggies Changes:
IN: McEntee, Moss, Soldo, Turner, O’Reilly
OUT: McKenzie (Quad), K.Marshall (Shoulder), Aldridge, Moore (Leg), H.Williams

Maggies Side:
F: Soldo - Scully - Szust
HF: Charleson - Lord - Anastasopoulos
C: Lorenz - Short - McCallum
HB: Burton - Walsh - Sinn
B: Moss - Clurey - D.Williams
R: Visentini - McEntee - Jackson
INT: Montgomery - Weidemann - Turner - O’Reilly
EMERG: Narkle - Moore - H.Williams - Carter - H.Ferrari

Last edited:

Why is there no SANFL this week?

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

basically a 10 team comp playing everyone twice comes to 18 games, so to stretch that to 24 weeks you gotta find some bye weeks

Start 2 weeks later + bye week for gather round + bye week for state game + each team gets a bye week and just about get there.

Zakk Wylde suggested this could be Jacob Moss's debut game, with Marshall out he slots straight into the tall defender position.

Sunday 11th of August. 2:10pm at Alberton Oval. Streamed on the AFL website.

Pending the injury list: T.Marshall (Hip), Soldo (Knee) and Nick Moore (Leg) to be assessed.

McKenzie (Quad) and K.Marshall (Shoulder) out for the season.

Jed McEntee will return from his concussion.

Jacob Moss could make his debut.

Note: This game is the day after the AFL game, so the sub (EG: Narkle) can play.

Back on the bottom, a win would put us up to 9th.
View attachment 2068044

League Stats Leaders for Port:
Tom Clurey =3rd for Marks.
Dante Visentini 4th for Hitouts.
Tom Clurey =8th for Rebounds out the Back 50.
Tom Clurey 9th for Kicks.

Predicted Maggies Changes:
IN: T.Marshall, Narkle, McEntee, Moss, Soldo
OUT: McKenzie (Quad), K.Marshall (Shoulder), Weidemann, H.Williams, Aldridge

Predicted Maggies Side:
F: Lord - Scully - Soldo
HF: Narkle - T.Marshall - Anastasopoulos
C: Lorenz - Moore (C) - McCallum
HB: Burton - Walsh - Sinn
B: Moss - Clurey - D.Williams
R: Visentini - McEntee - Jackson
INT: Charleson - Short - Montgomery - Szust

That forward line looks pretty damn good.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He has been picked, his first game of any football since under 15’s.! That pretty much sums up our attitude towards the SANFL comp.

I wrote the sanfl off ages ago. There's no point being invested in results at all. It's the Power's reserves team. It has no zones, no reserves, no under age teams. It barely has a coach. It bears no resemblance to any other sanfl team in terms of its playing conditions (apart from the crows who are in the same boat).

Anything that Port does in the sanfl doesn't count.

Of course I would still celebrate a premiership ;) (but the sanfl will never let that happen).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wrote the sanfl off ages ago. There's no point being invested in results at all. It's the Power's reserves team. It has no zones, no reserves, no under age teams. It barely has a coach. It bears no resemblance to any other sanfl team in terms of its playing conditions (apart from the crows who are in the same boat).

Of course I would still celebrate a premiership ;) (but the sanfl will never let that happen).
I'd just like to see us avoid the spoon, but everytime we look like the SANFL team will be fielding a super strong lineup, an array of injuries strike, this week Georgiades, McKenzie, etc. Imagine how good that lineup would look had Marshall been forced to return through the SANFL and McKenzie have been down back. Plus add in a Finlayson and Narkle if say SPP was fit, and then suddenly that team aint winning no spoon.

Since covid though, I'm pretty sure we're still playing with 2 player smaller AFL lists than we were prior and I don't think the SANFL has taken that into consideration with our concessions and our results have trended negatively as a result.

It's like watching the WWF.

The umpire is so rigged it is impossible to care about the results.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don't know what they are doing with the Rucks today?

I'd like Dante to spend most of the day forward and see if he shows enough to replace Marshall against the Crows. Gives us a decent option forward and and another Ruck option. ROB dominated ruck last time around.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Port Adelaide vs WWT Eagles - Round 17 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back