Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
the beers could be $2 coopers sparkling, i'd still rather pay the club $5 for a hahn super light in the GDV

Look. I love Port as much as the next of you, but I'm sorry - I'm walking into Adelaide Oval with 10 $2- coins and walking out shit faced.

I honestly don’t think the foods that bad at AO. I reckon paying $5 for hot chips or a pie is fairly reasonable. $10.5 beers on the other hand is a different story.
Yes, pies are usually $4.00-$4.50 and a bag of chips is $3.50 at some chippies. I don't drink beer but I've paid for friend's drinks and $10.50 is pure gouging.

Look. I love Port as much as the next of you, but I'm sorry - I'm walking into Adelaide Oval with 10 $2- coins and walking out shit faced.

i know the same thing happened with the big day out, they could charge 50 bucks for a bottle of water, it's still easier than bringing your own

Yep, then you go and queue for 15 minutes in a mongrel line for a dry pie and soggy chips ... and get eye-gouged for it!

Makes perfect sense! ;)
Yeah, but - one time last year, the lady forgot to charge me for my bottle of coke... I made out like a bandit - start the car style! WIN!

You would have to go to the bloke in the concourse and get those 10x $2 coins pit onto an Adelaide Oval prepaid card first as the stadium doesnt accept cash anywhere now - even the food outlets!

Some footage of SA v Vic at the MCG from the 1958 Carnival at the MCG celebrating 100 years of Australian Football. Div 1 VFL, SANFL, WANFL, TANFL and VAFA yeams and Div 2 NSW, Qld, ACT and All Oz Amateur team. Pig Iron Bob makes the opening address. 5 Port players in team that got belted by 20 goals. Fos didn't get picked. Not sure if he was injured but he went to the 1958 carnival as captain. The Glyn Williams playing isn't Fos' brother whose first name was spelt Glynn and played 181 games for Westies and 46 for Sturt and played 13 times for SA but played between 1940 and 1953.

Last edited:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-01-30/eyes-in-the-sky-always-watching-suns
Eyes in the sky always watching Suns

(Dew's) modern touches can be seen and heard at training courtesy of the music blaring to replicate the game day and the drones hovering overhead capturing every move.

The club is also working with technology partner, Chinese telecommunications giant Huawei, on ways to assist the football department and streamline data analysis.

And throughout the year he can look forward to visits from a cavalcade of Adelaide's elite twaterati.

AFC%20Ambassador%20list%202017.jpg

Nothing screams "Heaps Good" more than that list of bellends.
No Theo D?

Perhaps he's trying hard to get on the list!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This website which isn't always 100% correct reckons he is a restricted agent

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/out_of_contract_players?year=2018

Adelaide Players Out of Contract in 2018 Adelaide Player Contracts
Name Years Service Status
Andy Otten 11 Unrestricted Free Agent
Brodie Smith 8 Restricted Free Agent
David MacKay 12 Unrestricted Free Agent
Richard Douglas 13 Unrestricted Free Agent
Rory Sloane 10 Restricted Free Agent
Tom Lynch 7 Non-Free Agent
Which is pretty irrelevant if they’d get a first round compo pick anyway I guess.

View attachment 455043

Found this at a client's house today. I'll admit I've never seen the first two guernseys before.
Were you around in 2005? That first one with the baby blue vertical stripes is what we wore in 2005 Heritage round game to appease the AFL - erh Eddie. The pink one was for about 4 years in the 1880's.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-01-30/eyes-in-the-sky-always-watching-suns
Eyes in the sky always watching Suns

(Dew's) modern touches can be seen and heard at training courtesy of the music blaring to replicate the game day and the drones hovering overhead capturing every move.

The club is also working with technology partner, Chinese telecommunications giant Huawei, on ways to assist the football department and streamline data analysis.

Here come the drones.
Here come the drones.
PAFC sponsorship by a drone making company perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back