Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, Walsh dislikes the crows. Secondly, he's contracted to us, and short of a move into a senior coaching role somewhere he'll be held to that contract. The AFL classifies all assistant coaching jobs as the same. Meaning, a senior assistant is not a promotion from a line coaching role. Ask Stuart Dew.
This times a lot. Walsh is not a known fan of the Bovines. He could have moved straight back there for more money when he came back from WA, but didn't.

So trade radio saying Hird is trying to clear his name and rep by appealing. well after reading hirds statement where he states he didn't think that players Had taken banned substance at the time and still believes so to this day confuses me. If this is true why appeal. wouldn't the players then be cleared of wrong doing therefore clearing his name in the process after the conclusion of the investigation. I think he is not sure what the players had in them and that this is his only option to clear his name by appealing. Who is going to hire him if appeal fails. Dodgey dank knows what the players Had.

partying.gif

What a joke. Of all the things to sack him for they go for exercising his right to appeal a court decision.... Colour me very cynical but any coincidence that this all starts a few hours after McKenna gets the sars and Bomber emerges as the favourite to take over. Wait for him to be instilled as Essendope coach within 24 hours.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12.06pm: UNCONFIRMED: The Herald Sun reporting that James Hird has not been sacked. Fairfax v News, yet again.

Funny.

Sacking him for wanting to appeal a court decision.

Sums up the Essendon saga pretty well actually.

Clearly the club accepts the reality and wants to move on. James being adamant to clear his name it forces the club into a corner.

What will be ironic is Hird wins his court case.

It's just a comical circus now, that is all, the Economic Matrix theory at work once again, once one breaks they all break.

What a joke. Of all the things to sack him for they go for exercising his right to appeal a court decision.... Colour my very cynical but any coincidence that this all starts a few hours after McKenna gets the sars and Bomber emerges as the favourite to take over. Wait for him to be instilled as Essendope coach within 24 hours.

You have hammered that nail with exquisite accuracy.

One of the only bearable members of Seven's commentary team - Tom Harley - has left the network to join Sydney as their General Manager of Football.

He was only bearable because he added absolutely nothing.

Listening to Harley commentate you'd never pick him for a dual premiership captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back