Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've dabbled with reading the bay every now and then but it's like being stuck in a front loading washing machine with a blowfly and a dried piece of dog shit; very unpleasant and hard to get a gauge on what's happening.
Creating The Bay was the worst thing ever to happen to Bigfooty.

Creating The Bay was the worst thing ever to happen to Bigfooty.
I've never been there , but once I created a thread on the main board that got moved there. :D

I've never been there , but once I created a thread on the main board that got moved there. :D
Yeah that happened to me a few times. Perfectly crafted provoking threads on the `reasonable debate' side of the line, but got shifted to the bay because the dogs started barking.

I do t venture to the bay, if I want to here shit I'll turn the TV on.

Main board is a mild bay so do t venture there either. I like my sanctuary of the Port board

I used to go to the Bay to read D_One's stuff. He is a shit stirrer extraordinare inreal life but he took it to a new level in the Bay.

Have been tagged into a drugs thread about Port - thats the only time I have visited in 2014.

Yeah that happened to me a few times. Perfectly crafted provoking threads on the `reasonable debate' side of the line, but got shifted to the bay because the dogs started barking.
Yeah this is the killer. There's no middle ground now.

Your choices are either straight up and down football discussion or some of the most boring, mind numbing and moronic shit on the internet.

I know they felt they had to make a place for the likes of sekaj and subaru so they didn't smear their special brand of faeces on the main board when the more humane thing to do would have been to simply euthanise them all.

Subaru has finally shown up after a long absence on Bay 13 (she disappeared even before it became obvious the cows weren't going to make the finals) and she is still posting those annoying 'whatever' gifs whenever she is losing an argument.

Which is every argument, she has me on ignore now. Whenever she used to answer me it became deadly personal, now she can't trust herself

Which is every argument, she has me on ignore now. Whenever she used to answer me it became deadly personal, now she can't trust herself

Is she still deflecting about when Spuddy Clangerwince is going to re sign? She really hasn't come up with a decent comeback for that yet has she?

Is she still deflecting about when Spuddy Clangerwince is going to re sign? She really hasn't come up with a decent comeback for that yet has she?

She's still deflecting about menstruation & menopause

I've dabbled with reading the bay every now and then but it's like being stuck in a front loading washing machine with a blowfly and a dried piece of dog shit; very unpleasant and hard to get a gauge on what's happening.

I look at it every now and then and there are some genuinely funny and witty posters in there.

Oogac is one.

And then there is... Nah that's all I've got. My problem is I'm better in an argument face to face.

I'm shit at blueing on the net. Little campaigners can type faster than me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I look at it every now and then and there are some genuinely funny and witty posters in there.

Oogac is one.

And then there is... Nah that's all I've got. My problem is I'm better in an argument face to face.

I'm shit at blueing on the net. Little campaigners can type faster than me.

Only thread I read on there this year (IIRC) was Mofra's bottom 50. Very well written and hits the mark with not taking things too seriously.

*Actually it wasn't, I'm sure I came across oogac's Buddy Franklin/Pitbull parody on there.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...-afl-nrl-and-aru/story-fnia3gmi-1227153088977

GPS devices embedded inside smart footballs could impact score reviews in AFL, NRL and ARU

SPORTING codes across the nation could be revolutionised by a small GPS tracking device embedded inside “smart” footballs and have the potential to influence score reviews.
And the Melbourne-based company behind it, Catapult — the world’s largest providers of the GPS devices in sporting codes — suggest the footballs could be rolled out as early as next year.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...-afl-nrl-and-aru/story-fnia3gmi-1227153088977

How does GPS work at Etihad with the roof closed? The players supposedly wear GPS devices in the guernseys but are these really GPS devices or a "local" tracking device? My in car GPS can't acquire satellites through a corrugated iron roof on a timber frame.

"The Global Positioning System (GPS) is a space-based satellite navigation system that provides location and time information in all weather conditions, anywhere on or near the Earth where there is an unobstructed line of sight to four or more GPS satellites."

How does GPS work at Etihad with the roof closed? The players supposedly wear GPS devices in the guernseys but are these really GPS devices or a "local" tracking device? My in car GPS can't acquire satellites through a corrugated iron roof on a timber frame.

"The Global Positioning System (GPS) is a space-based satellite navigation system that provides location and time information in all weather conditions, anywhere on or near the Earth where there is an unobstructed line of sight to four or more GPS satellites."

My guess is the proposed technology isn't actually GPS, and that they're just using that term because the average punter has an idea about what it is.

It wouldn't be hard to put a sensor in the ball, or goal post that that results could be seen in the same way as "Snicko" when the ball passes the post

Years back Channel 7 after a sirengate episode ran a story on a proposal to put a small explosive device in the ball so that it would explode when the siren went. Then there would be no doubt about the timing of a score or mark. They even detonated a footy in mid-flight to demonstrate how it worked.

Viewers were horrified ringing the station about the danger that posed to players, footballs exploding in players' hands or faces.

They ran the story on April 1.

I used to go to the Bay to read D_One's stuff. He is a shit stirrer extraordinare inreal life but he took it to a new level in the Bay.

Have been tagged into a drugs thread about Port - thats the only time I have visited in 2014.
BOSK tagged you yesterday to add credibility to an argument and now he's serving a ban (don't know if it was to do with that). But there is one "thurmanmunster" who has about 10,000 posts and on his sig says he backs PA but everything he seems to write is anti Port.

It wouldn't be hard to put a sensor in the ball, or goal post that that results could be seen in the same way as "Snicko" when the ball passes the post
"Snicko" relies on sound. They compare slow motion video to the graphical representation of the audio picked up by the stump mic.

They don't have sensors in tennis balls yet but use Hawk-Eye instead. The AFL trialled Hawk-Eye but never went any further with it.

"Snicko" relies on sound. They compare slow motion video to the graphical representation of the audio picked up by the stump mic.

They don't have sensors in tennis balls yet but use Hawk-Eye instead. The AFL trialled Hawk-Eye but never went any further with it.
I understand how Snicko works, my suggestion was based on a vibration sensor on the post or in the ball that could be reviewed like Snicko seeing the change of vibration if the ball hits the post.

I understand how Snicko works, my suggestion was based on a vibration sensor on the post or in the ball that could be reviewed like Snicko seeing the change of vibration if the ball hits the post.
Sorry I misunderstood, I didn't realise you were meaning when the ball hits the post. I was thinking crossing the goal line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back