Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scary that almost half think the crows are closer.

I mean we've got 10 years of evidence showing that we have a coach hasn't been able to deliver, and our administration hasn't been courageous enough to make change.

I don't think it is that far-fetched that the Camries solve their list problems before we solve our coaching/admin problems.

I don’t think coaching is the issue at the Saints. It would be funny to see saints piss the next 5 years up the wall with Lyon though.
4E6D37D9-67BA-444C-9C5B-FCB36AA37940.jpeg

I mean we've got 10 years of evidence showing that we have a coach hasn't been able to deliver, and our administration hasn't been courageous enough to make change.

I don't think it is that far-fetched that the Camries solve their list problems before we solve our coaching/admin problems.
Their midfield vs our midfield. One of the worst midfields vs the best young midfield in the comp.

Their list needs to be entirety rebuilt to be on the same level as ours.

Collingwood has delisted defender Jack Madgen and wingman Caleb Poulter, while mid-forward Cooper Murley has been as well but is set to be re-drafted.

In a worrying sign for the Magpies’ recent drafting, Poulter has been axed after being selected with Pick 30 in the 2020 draft, playing 12 games at the top level.

Like the rest of my life, I was stuck as an inbetweener - not good enough for best and fairest placing, but not s**t enough for those 'tries hard' awards.
I have an impressive array of “try hard” awards. At my club’s 50th anniversary I am hoping for the “Spare Wank of the Century” award.

Their midfield vs our midfield. One of the worst midfields vs the best young midfield in the comp.

Their list needs to be entirety rebuilt to be on the same level as ours.
Not disagreeing with this, but we've had lists and situations where we should have won flags already, and have repeatedly blown them.

Unless we grow a heart or they grow a brain it could be a decade or more before either club tastes success again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not disagreeing with this, but we've had lists and situations where we should have won flags already, and have repeatedly blown them.

Unless we grow a heart or they grow a brain it could be a decade or more before either club tastes success again.

There have been only two non Victorian premierships since 2006. History says until teams like Port and the Crows get to the level that Sydney and West Coast are at, they will never win a flag - and even then, as those clubs have proven, it's still extremely difficult.

Facebook us telling me this is 8 years ago today

What a flog.

"Daniel Gorringe reviewed Port Adelaide Football Club.
17 October ·
★☆☆☆☆
Shithouse, wasted 2 weeks of my October for you to "lose" the pick #37. How the **** do you lose a draft pick? You have 5 other picks max to keep track of. They're gonna find the Malaysian aircraft before you find the #37 pick. And don't shake your head at me when I ask for another Suns contract, bitch I'm surprised you even bothered finding me you time wasters."

What a flog.

17 October ·
★☆☆☆☆
Shithouse, wasted 2 weeks of my October for you to "lose" the pick #37. How the **** do you lose a draft pick? You have 5 other picks max to keep track of. They're gonna find the Malaysian aircraft before you find the #37 pick. And don't shake your head at me when I ask for another Suns contract, bitch I'm surprised you even bothered finding me you time wasters."
Nice

You can't win flags if you don't make GFs.

Just because you finish 1st or 2nd, with an uneven FIXture or get close in a PF doesn't mean you should have won a flag. We have never had the best list in the league in the Hinkley era.

Just because we stuffed up our goal kicking in the 1st quarter against Hawks in 2014 PF doesn't mean we automatically would have been good enough to beat Sydney. We weren't good enough to beat Richmond when it counted in the 2020 PF, close but not good enough. We weren't the 2nd best team in 2021, WBs went to sleep the last 3 weeks of the season went from 1st to 5th and stuffed up their % by 9%, but woke up in September.

Last edited:

What a flog.

17 October ·
★☆☆☆☆
Dodged a mighty big bullet there did Port!

There have been only two non Victorian premierships since 2006. History says until teams like Port and the Crows get to the level that Sydney and West Coast are at, they will never win a flag - and even then, as those clubs have proven, it's still extremely difficult.
2006 was non Vic prelims too

Adel v WCE
Syd v Freo

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Such a St Kilda move. Recruit a delisted 28 year old, play him 11 times ahead of younger and more talented players, have him contribute to exactly zero finals appearances, and then delist him at the end of the year. An absolute waste of time for all concerned, aside from Jarrod himself for getting an extra year of AFL salary at St Kilda's expense. That club needs to fold worse than Norf does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back