Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You don't get it.

My footy club chat is full of the confused!

All year long they are Crows fans, now they are Norwood and Sturt fans again, the confusion is beautiful!

The standard of these sanfl finals is trash. Crows aren't much chop but Norwood are dreadful.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the umpiring becomes fair when the crows are involved.

So far in this quarter I've heard Surman and Frampton were teammates earlier this year and Surman is a former Port rookie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rumours that Will Setterfield wasn’t eligible to play VFL finals today.

I want the Camry Ravens to make the SANFL GF it would make for some good mental gymnastics around the traps.
Agree.

But this mob are gold medallists on the parallel bars when it comes to hypocrisy.

These are supporters that dumped their SANFL Clubs within days to jump on the shiny new invention they named the crows.

And when the 2nd SA AFL licence was up for grabs just 4 years later those same 'loyal' Crows fans were more than ready to jump back to their old horse as if they never left, even if that horse was a bastardised Sturt/Norwood BS hybrid; a North/West/Eagles/ Centrals Cartel; or a Glenelg/South clown show. Only to go back to the Crows when Port was selected - keeping their Crows/SANFL Club schizophrenia as if nothing ever happened.

Nah - they will happily live with their hypocrisy like they always do. And make up reasons why their 'No AFL in SANFL' bleating doesn't apply to the Crows.

Last edited:
could some explain to me how souf have been so terrible that they haven't won a flag for almost 60 years? in a comp with bugger all teams?

onkaparinga is the largest city council in the state... how does it happen?

They only moved down there in 1995.

Anecdotal microcosm, but I went to school in what should be their heartland, and only 3 classmates over the 12 years barracked for them (a further 2 went on to play for them, and 2 more who were in the years younger than me, but well into the Crows/Power era).

The rest were Glenelg fans with a smattering of Port/Sturt/WWT/Nor’d.

Missed the boat on carving out a Centralsesque ‘WE THE NORTH SOUTH’ shtick by a good 20+ years, I reckon.

They only moved down there in 1995.

Anecdotal microcosm, but I went to school in what should be their heartland, and only 3 classmates over the 12 years barracked for them (a further 2 went on to play for them, and 2 more who were in the years younger than me, but well into the Crows/Power era).

The rest were Glenelg fans with a smattering of Port/Sturt/WWT/Nor’d.

Missed the boat on carving out a Centralsesque ‘WE THE NORTH SOUTH’ shtick by a good 20+ years, I reckon.

as a kid i vaguely remember trying to support them purely due to geographical proximity, but they were so shit, and port kept winning. and i got a sweet port magpies jumper in about 1989. so it was no contest really.

i lived less than 5 minutes from noarlunga oval and i think i went to maybe one game there. i saw more games at hackham oval.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back