Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is the last big name recruit they landed who wasn’t a dyed-in-the-wool Soufozzie or grew up a Crows fan?

Have they landed a big name ‘foreigner’, ever? Wayne Carey is borderline given his age and circumstances. As is Richie Tambling.

Contrast to your Montgomerys, Hardwicks, D. Motlops, Ryders, Dixons, Rockliffs, Aliirs.

Is it deliberate strategy or something deeper?
Speaking of the recruitment of Wayne Carey, I remember before he was earmarked to join the crows, KG was on the radio calling it one of the biggest 'shit-bloke' things anyone could ever do (l don't reckon anyone could disagree tbh).

It was amazing how Kaaage changed his tune so remarkably as soon as Carey became a crow - laughable in fact. And speaks to what type of people we're dealing with when it comes to the other mob and their media ambassadors.

Rated or not is another discussion. In terms of discipline, off field there's claims he was undisciplined on two occasions but on the field he was not undisciplined for us.
So you'd have kept him?

Who is the last big name recruit they landed who wasn’t a dyed-in-the-wool Soufozzie or grew up a Crows fan?

Have they landed a big name ‘foreigner’, ever? Wayne Carey is borderline given his age and circumstances. As is Richie Tambling.

Contrast to your Montgomerys, Hardwicks, D. Motlops, Ryders, Dixons, Rockliffs, Aliirs.

Podsiadly!

So you'd have kept him?

Just saying that he wasn't traded due to on field discipline because he didn't display it with us.

It is hard to tell how much his off field discipline was a reason for trading him because our club seem to be trigger happy but I think he was mostly traded because of ability versus value at the time, with full faith in an untried Hayes, and a gamble on nothing happening to Lycett.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seedsman is probably the main one in recent years, and going back a bit further Caven and Wigney.

All fairly middle of the range type players.

So you'd have kept him?
I was happy for him to go when I thought we'd be playing Hayes instead, but I'd much rather have kept Ladhams than seen the shitshow we saw in the second half of this year.

JHF? They're using a guy who has never given any indication that he wants to move to the Crows as evidence of their 'destination club' status?

Brodie Grundy, Josh Dunkley, JHF and Junior Rioli all 'potentially' want to move to Port too! Destination club!
I'm a ladies man cause Jennifer Lawrence wants me

Source
Just trust me bro

I was happy for him to go when I thought we'd be playing Hayes instead, but I'd much rather have kept Ladhams than seen the shitshow we saw in the second half of this year.
That's a Ken Hinkley issue haha they are unrelated issues

Love how they refer to Walls as a Premiership coach. Yep - a quarter of a century ago.

His achievements since have been...ordinary. As have his selections and predictions.

In 2005, Walls stated that "the Swans can't possibly win the Premiership under Paul Roos".

- In 2005 Sydney won the Premiership under Paul Roos.

In 2018, Walls tipped West Coast to finish bottom.

- In 2018 West Coast won the Premiership.

This is the guy Essendon want in charge of finding a new coach?

This only makes sense if they've already made their choice and want someone to rubber stamp it and be the fall guy if it fails. OR they want him to select from a short list of 2 and decide to run with whoever Walls doesn't pick.
I reckon he might have also picked Port to win the 2013 wooden spoon. Whoops.....

By any reasonable measure Geebung have no right whatsoever to be competitive with the age of their list. Yet they're not only competitive, they're top of the ladder 🤷
But can they win a qualifying final?

Barry Stanfield
Stuart Wigney
Ronnie Burns
Myke Cook
Aidan Riley

Had to search for those BIG names🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back