Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 24

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might have underestimated. This could well be one of those big 100+ wins we haven't seen in a while.
Depends if Geelong rests it's veteran players,in the last Qtr.
I think the Cats will kick 16 goals in the second half to Eagles 4 goals.

Feel for Schofield. If he doesn't get to take over Simpson in the next couple of years then potentially set his coaching career back 3-4 years.

West Coast current AFL side would probably struggle to beat his 2018 Subiaco side.

Speaking of Schofields and Lions Taj debuted for Subi last week and came off early due to cramp. Pulled his finger out this week for second best on.

Dirty on myself, during the break in games yesterday went for a dart & there was the dopplehanger booth outside the eastern gate. Choppy was there off the group having a nice chat with Rhett Biglands.
Didn’t get a pic of them together!

I think the SA government would be prepared to pay more for Gather round because it’s a big generator of economic benefit. I’ve seen figures of $85m which exceeds the $ from our other major events. I don’t think WA or NSW could generate as much. SA’s geographical location gives us a natural advantage. We can pull in bigger interstate crowds.

I think the SA government would be prepared to pay more for Gather round because it’s a big generator of economic benefit. I’ve seen figures of $85m which exceeds the $ from our other major events. I don’t think WA or NSW could generate as much. SA’s geographical location gives us a natural advantage. We can pull in bigger interstate crowds.
The Gather Round being in Adelaide was my main motivator to go to it from Melbourne. Even if I wasn’t a Port fan, Adelaide and Tassie are the two closest locations and only one of those locations has the infrastructure and the clubs to support big crowds. It’s a no brainer and hopefully SA keeps it for a long time.

Gotta love getting profiled at the Parade. Rocked up with my Port jumper and scarf and the security lady goes “you got anything in your pockets?” while pointing at my jacket and I tell her “just some fruchocs”. Then she goes “how about your pants” and I tell her “well yeah, I have my phone, my wallet, some paper” and she says “put them on the table”. I’m thinking ffs, the reason I don’t bring a bag to the footy is to avoid this **** around.
She then goes “you Port Power supporters never follow my orders” as I’m literally following her orders, then I’m thinking right that’s what’s going on here. “I’m a crows fan” she says, and I say “yeah, I figured”. She asks me “how come?” and I’m thinking it’s pretty ****ing obvious.
Takes me a sec to obviously get everything back into my pockets and I’m just thinking **** I should’ve expected this at a game at Nord, should’ve rocked up late like I did for the Freo and GC match when they didn’t have time to do this shit lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta love getting profiled at the Parade. Rocked up with my Port jumper and scarf and the security lady goes “you got anything in your pockets?” while pointing at my jacket and I tell her “just some fruchocs”. Then she goes “how about your pants” and I tell her “well yeah, I have my phone, my wallet, some paper” and she says “put them on the table”. I’m thinking ffs, the reason I don’t bring a bag to the footy is to avoid this * around.
She then goes “you Port Power supporters never follow my orders” as I’m literally following her orders, then I’m thinking right that’s what’s going on here. “I’m a crows fan” she says, and I say “yeah, I figured”. She asks me “how come?” and I’m thinking it’s pretty ******* obvious.
Takes me a sec to obviously get everything back into my pockets and I’m just thinking * I should’ve expected this at a game at Nord, should’ve rocked up late like I did for the Freo and GC match when they didn’t have time to do this s**t lol.
Should have bribed her with a fruchoc.

I'm going out on a limb here and I'm trusting the good people here to be kind but I think Roo is a pretty good/entertaining comm in neutral games

Players are now deliberately angling their heads into the turf when they get tackled to draw a dangerous tackle free. There is no way that was a free against Geelong there.
Nice to see the Cats losing a free kick count for once.

Any love for shifting Gather Round to week 1 of the season?
Good way to start season IMO.
Chance for all club spies to monitor opposition teams in the same time frame, presumably with most elite players available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back