Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 24

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That’s why I hate the installing caretaker coaches

I still very hard to judge them thanks to the dead cat bounce / new coach effect we see so often that occurs and also once a caretaker gets a few wins it’s very hard for clubs to overlook them thanks to public pressure.

I'm glad I persisted watching, it was tempting to go to bed at half-time.
But in the 3rd quarter it became clear Carlton did not have a 3rd gear and Sydney weren't going to fold. And the final quarter was a good old fashioned Christians v Lions pantsing.
A bit happier now backtozero?

Remind me again, why didn't we go for Aaron Francis ?

Did we reach out Francis quota?
We tried a couple times didn’t we? From memory his brother died and he wanted to come back to SA but Dodoro being Dodoro knocked it back 2 years in a row I think. Frustrates me to no end cause I think the 17 clubs not named Essendon probably would’ve let him walk in that situation other than maybe Geelong now that that Mackie campaigner is in charge.

Voss will rightly cop it but the Carlton list build has been diabolical. Their players 15-22 are North Melbourne tier scrubs.

Edit: what does Blake Acres add to that midfield?

I still very hard to judge them thanks to the dead cat bounce / new coach effect we see so often that occurs and also once a caretaker gets a few wins it’s very hard for clubs to overlook them thanks to public pressure.
Are you talking about voss? He wasn't a caretaker?

Last edited:
Carlton fans remanince the good old days when they were successful. Problem is that this occurred before salary caps and auditing became a thing and now they have been shyte ever since. Good luck trying to rejuvenate the grand old Carlton culture.
Carlton when they can’t buy a flag like in the 80s and sacking a coach after 3 years isn’t the answer to a substandard list
D12AC385-399C-4BD6-BE72-9DE08FA4D62C.jpeg
Deadset though the campaigners in charge of Carlton need a wake up call, sacking Teague did absolutely nothing and I know we shit on our own club for trying to bring stability by sticking with the same coach for too long but there’s gotta be a happy medium between our approach and theirs.

Voss will rightly cop it but the Carlton list build has been diabolical. Their players 15-22 are North Melbourne tier scrubs
This is their problem, they have some elite talent, but the rest of their list actually isn't that good. Their supporter base is expecting more than their talent is capable of.

Once again, just a friendly reminder how so many were calling Voss a master coach after Carlton’s great start last year and Ports poor start. Carlton have won 4 of their last 15 games :$

I reckon Port69 or whatever his name is could have Port where they are by “coaching on the bench” like old mate #1 ticket holder at Sotos

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who's the caretaker?

This is their problem, they have some elite talent, but the rest of their list actually isn't that good. Their supporter base is expecting more than their talent is capable of.
I blame the media. I know their job is to hype up clubs to get the fans excited but I genuinely feel bad for them, especially the younger crop. They fleeced my stepbrother into buying a membership at the start of 2022 and he ended the season with a fist shaped hole in his door seconds after the Collingwood game ended. Other than the spine of a fit and firing Weitering, Walsh, Cripps, Curnow and McKay is their list any good? I genuinely don’t believe so. A premiership side needs more than 5 good players.

I'm glad I persisted watching, it was tempting to go to bed at half-time.
But in the 3rd quarter it became clear Carlton did not have a 3rd gear and Sydney weren't going to fold. And the final quarter was a good old fashioned Christians v Lions pantsing.
A bit happier now backtozero?

That was some of the worst football you'll watch all year. Two awful sides playing a game of kick it inside 50 to the opposition.
Unsurprisingly, the club that doesn't have Voss coaching them, won.

That was some of the worst football you'll watch all year. Two awful sides playing a game of kick it inside 50 to the opposition.
Unsurprisingly, the club that doesn't have Voss coaching them, won.
I know. I thought what freaky magic makes an 8 point lead an insurmountable thing, for around 3 quarters it was unpassable.
Last Friday night we were fed steak, tonight fish fingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back