Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Open to interpretation free kicks/non free kicks happen every single week. It's whatever.

A clear goal being called a point despite being wrong, then not reviewed, doesn't happen all that often and is piss funny when it happens to someone else. But is also amateurish incompetence. Any fan base would be foaming at the mouth at it, cause everyone can see how bad it was.

A fans i phone has better vision than what the AFL have.

The fact is, Adelaide kicked 4:8 in the last quarter (obviously it was really 5:7), and if they'd kicked straighter, the final minute howler wouldn't have changed the result.

Oh well - at least something has finally removed the Matildas from the front page of the paper.

The fact is, Adelaide kicked 4:8 in the last quarter (obviously it was really 5:7), and if they'd kicked straighter, the final minute howler wouldn't have changed the result.

Oh well - at least something has finally removed the Matildas from the front page of the paper.

It was the piss awful first half that cost them. Don't win too many games being 45 points down.

They've blown a lot of chances this year, as well as put in some shithouse performances away.

Will they be better next year? Who knows. Once ted drops off it might get ugly

Is "brave" included anywhere in the headlines today?

Really not the same thing. Incorrect field umpiring decisions happen all the time. We can accept a level of mistakes there.

We have a “system” in place so that goal umpiring is as accurate as possible, yet was not used. If the umpire reviewed it, it would have 100% been overturned.

I don’t understand why the arc couldn’t have reviewed it while play had resumed and then called it back.
Yes, if it happened to us I would be asking why the decision was not reviewed. On FOXTEL they said it hit the back of the post. Not sure how that happens without the entire ball crossing the line. When you see the ridiculous reviews that are called for on an almost weekly basis you have to ask why the system was not used. The AFL should explain that one.

In any case the Crows didn't loose it in the last 10 minutes they lost it in the first half when they failed to show up.
I have an uneasy feeling the Cows are going to be a top eight side in 2024.

The kick by the sh*tstain bloke was almost certainly a goal but I'm sending as much sympathy the fruit tingles way as they gave us for the Shuey incident, ie ABSOLUTELY F****** NADA! :straining:

As for Rowe's moronic comments, only in Adelaide could an absolute fckwit like him get a job in radio and even worse not be held accountable for his BS insults to what were reasonable comments from callers, he makes Kenny Cunnington sound like a Rhode's scholar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel for them.
Let's all give a crows fan a hug today.

Toilet Err GIF

I woke up feeling great today. Not that I like enjoying someone else’s misery, couldn’t happen to a better group. At least they can sit out of finals knowing they won both showdowns!

Rowie saying the truth about Ken is hilarious and I hope our board and Admin team get the the real thoughts sent to them about Ken’s resigning

Please explain
He went on a massive outburst/tirade after the loss.
Something like..
“Well you Port flogs are stuck with a coach you can’t stand for the next two years and you will go out of finals in straight sets and I for one will be celebrating like there’s no tomorrow, so there you go w***ers”

Now he has been gushing about Ken publicly up until this so no matter how much truth in that statement he has really embarrassed himself and the club should refuse to alllow him to interview any of our coaches or players imo.

Rowie " I HopE YoU gO OuT in sTraiGhT SeTs ok"

Last time something like this happened, the Anthony/Rutten/RIFOM final, he snapped and was going with “your club’s broke, your best player’s leaving” and assorted foamy-mouthed barbs on the theme.

If a Port personality repeatedly behaved like this after our controversial losses and umpire reamings, they’d be fossicking for pencil shavings to eat.

It might have been a wrong call but there is no evidence to overturn it and it sure as heck wasn't the only wrong call in the game.

We either back the umps or we don't. And if we don't then the AFL can spend millions of dollars upgrading technology resulting in many minutes lost in pointless reviews and still provide no assurance that it will be anything close to 100% accurate.

Just rejoice at the fact that this game has produced this moment:

IMG-20230819-213845.jpg
Exactly. What about the incorrect calls for push in the back in so many games right in front of goal that costs a team a goal. There are multiple examples of where umps influence an outcome. This one was just more visual.

It’s like the week of press about Aliir not having concussion protocol after the collision with Jones a couple of weeks back ( which was fair enough) yet nothing about the knock last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back