Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rowe was saying tonight that he was contacted by a KC [Kings Council]

LOL. That never happened.

Reckon someone called Mr King from his local council called him to complain about all the rubbish on his front yard and he got all excited.

LOL. That never happened.

Reckon someone called Mr King from his local council called him to complain about all the rubbish on his front yard and he got all excited.
Lol..Hes like a dog with a bone,he just won't let go.

Last edited:

Attack

Attacked Port Adelaide football club
Port supporter's
Ken Hinkley
And wished us a straight set exit from the 2023 finals.
Now that Ken’s signed he doesn’t have to hide his real thoughts and pretend that Ken’s a God of coaches

All worth it for the 6 likes they are up to so far
That's not their account though, some crows fan has reposted it.

Could be an interesting question to ask if the reposting account is doing it because they think it's funny or if they are thinking they have a point.

The actual Marmalade boys seen pretty good, one is a Port supporter too I think?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you drop JHF’s name in too. I see his thread has gone dead over there.

The death ride thread is awfully quiet too. Must be hard to get yourself up for some quality death riding when your bunch of scrubs are staring down the barrel of threepeat spoons. :)

Caro was asked about the AFL's response to John Olsen's ambit compensation claim and said they laughed Adelaide out of the room before moving on to the AFLW announcement.

The League last week sent a survey to all clubs asking for feedback on a range of list management and player movement ideas and concepts.
Included within that was the possibility of an additional list spot for veterans which, if approved, would allow clubs to have one veteran listed outside of the primary list. The idea has been put forward as the AFL revisit a veterans list to avoid other players being forced into premature retirement due to their club's having a list squeeze.
The criteria put forward by the AFL in the scenario is the player would have to be over 32 years old and to have served at least 10 years at that same club, with his money still being included in the salary cap.

I like a 'veterans' list, but IMO 32 is still a tad too young, could you imagine crows putting Walker on it despite him being their best player currently? That's a rort.

EDIT
Oh nevermind, just seen it still has to be included in salary cap.

I like a 'veterans' list, but IMO 32 is still a tad too young, could you imagine crows putting Walker on it despite him being their best player currently? That's a rort.

EDIT
Oh nevermind, just seen it still has to be included in salary cap.
Yeah, i think it's just a way of increasing list sizes, without increasing list sizes.

Is this really necessary? We’re already scraping the bottom of the quality barrel as it is and that’s before each club loses 2-3 players to Tasmania. Just leave it alone.
Imagine if we still had Robbie Gray. I'd still fancy a clearly past it Gray over some of our other small forward options in 2023.

The League last week sent a survey to all clubs asking for feedback on a range of list management and player movement ideas and concepts.
Included within that was the possibility of an additional list spot for veterans which, if approved, would allow clubs to have one veteran listed outside of the primary list. The idea has been put forward as the AFL revisit a veterans list to avoid other players being forced into premature retirement due to their club's having a list squeeze.
The criteria put forward by the AFL in the scenario is the player would have to be over 32 years old and to have served at least 10 years at that same club, with his money still being included in the salary cap.
Didn’t they get rid of the veterans list once we became eligible to have veterans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back