Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

It's important to recognize the progress players make, even if it's at different clubs. Bonner and Duursma have both elevated their game since moving on from Port Adelaide. The stats prove this, so your assessment isn't accurate. Bonner is thriving with more opportunities, and Duursma has shown significant growth in his new environment.

As for Karl Amon, his achievements at Port Adelaide, including being part of the All-Australian squad, were solid. However, the data shows he's playing even better footy at Hawthorn, likely due to factors like coaching, role, and enjoyment.

Let's aim for a more balanced and informed discussion, as it's clear you have a limited understanding of what you're talking about.
What data shows Amon is playing even better. You can’t just use the term “data”. Show me.

Xavier duursma is averaging slightly better stats than last year with us but has not improved his averages in any statisticsl category since his first year. So again, show me what stats you are referring to.

Read the st kilda board regarding what they think of Riley bonner. He is one that I think we should have kept and was unfairly maligned here. Having said that he has a game this year that has the most turnovers recorded in a single game by a player. Ever. He is playing regular football, to a similar standard that he did here with the same strengths and weaknesses.

Someone in this conversation has a limited understanding, and it’s clearly not me.

What data shows Amon is playing even better. You can’t just use the term “data”. Show me.

Xavier duursma is averaging slightly better stats than last year with us but has not improved his averages in any statisticsl category since his first year. So again, show me what stats you are referring to.

Read the st kilda board regarding what they think of Riley bonner. He is one that I think we should have kept and was unfairly maligned here. Having said that he has a game this year that has the most turnovers recorded in a single game by a player. Ever. He is playing regular football, to a similar standard that he did here with the same strengths and weaknesses.

Someone in this conversation has a limited understanding, and it’s clearly not me.
Hes a relative of Bonner

Anyway heres vision of the new and improved Jasper Pittard playing for North Melbourne

Screen Recording 2024-07-29 134855(2).gif

Geelong star Tyson Stengle was treated by paramedics and rushed to hospital in an ambulance after being found unresponsive in a nightclub on Sunday morning.

The 25-year-old was transported to University Geelong Hospital at around 2am.
Stengle spent around three hours in hospital before being picked up and driven home. He attended training at the club on Monday.

I have a feeling that Hawthorn are not far off another Premiership. They have the habit of going out and getting the players they need and not selling the farm when they do it. I reckon Hinkley, Davies &Co have tried to do similar but it has not worked.

Even this year Hawthorn are a real threat as they play Carlton, GWS, Richmond and North Melbourne. Win three of those and they will have 14 wins and probably a place in the eight. Win all four and they will have 15 wins and possibly a top four finish.
Finishing 15th, 14th 13th and 16th in the last 4 years is the main reason they’ve improved. If you have a list like ours you’re not going to be bad enough to finish that low making it harder to improve faster through the draft.

Hawthorn doing very good right now but there’s no guarantee they will improve next year as teams will take them more seriously and find ways of shutting them down.
A lot of posters here had the Crows making the 8 this year after last year and we all know how that turned out.

Hospitalised Sunday, back at training on Monday. To be young again.
I had hip surgery 4 hours ago, I’m so jacked up on drugs I feel like a kid again.
Unfortunately they will wear off and reality will kick in and I’ll be back to old fuker again.
That’s life you can’t stop time.

Geelong star Tyson Stengle was treated by paramedics and rushed to hospital in an ambulance after being found unresponsive in a nightclub on Sunday morning.

Stengle spent around three hours in hospital before being picked up and driven home. He attended training at the club on Monday.
Aren't there clubs lining up to pay this guy 700k+?

Always found it strange that we traded Impey (for pick 33?) when we seemed to reach for him in his draft year. Was never really a bad player, and had upside which he is showing now.
We wanted to keep him. He was a good player on an upward trajectory. He had family reasons to be back in Victoria and the club let him go. Probably deserved more at the trade table but I think it was the right thing to do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wait, what?

ba800560613451f4cbe942c49c8eb4c6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's important to recognize the progress players make, even if it's at different clubs. Bonner and Duursma have both elevated their game since moving on from Port Adelaide. The stats prove this, so your assessment isn't accurate. Bonner is thriving with more opportunities, and Duursma has shown significant growth in his new environment.

As for Karl Amon, his achievements at Port Adelaide, including being part of the All-Australian squad, were solid. However, the data shows he's playing even better footy at Hawthorn, likely due to factors like coaching, role, and enjoyment.

Let's aim for a more balanced and informed discussion, as it's clear you have a limited understanding of what you're talking about.
Maybe include your stats for a more “balanced and informed discussion”.

Wonder if Geelong will be pressured by the AFL into delisting him like Adelaide was?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Back