Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done Freo.

Not that long ago a few people on here said they arent that good and wouldnt make the 8. I disagreed as I watched them live back to back in Gather Rd against Caton when they were robbed and aginst us when we somehow pinched it.

The question mark was about their forward line which they have improved the last month.

They have a very good defence, thats why they are a good side, and they won without their skipper and best defender in Alex Pearce.

They will miss Pearce being out for the rest of the year but they should make the 8 without him.

This is what Justin Longmuir said about team selection at his presser on Wednesday.

Could you imagine Hinkley saying this if a 20 year old KPD replaced the skipper who was a KPD. I can't because Longmuir has a defence minded gameplan, and Ken's is a high, high press and if we leak easy goals out the back, no worries because we are an attacking side. He forgets to say we don't know how to flick the switch to defence when we lose momentum.

Ken would say we aren't as good as Sydney. None of that from Longmuir.

On Wednesday senior coach Justin Longmuir proclaimed his belief in the squad despite losing Pearce.

"I think we are confident that when we value the right things, and we execute the gameplan, then it holds up against anyone," Longmuir said.

"Like I said after the game on the weekend, young key defenders when you come into the competition you don't get any easy rides.

"You are usually playing your role which means you are playing on good tall forwards."

In the absence of Pearce, Andrew Brayshaw will step in and lead the side as captain for the clash.

This is what Justin Longmuir said about team selection at his presser on Wednesday.

Could you imagine Hinkley saying this if a 20 year old KPD replaced the skipper who was a KPD. I can't because Longmuir has a defence minded gameplan, and Ken's is a high, high press and if we leak easy goals out the back, no worries because we are an attacking side. He forgets to say we don't know how to flick the switch to defence when we lose momentum.

Ken would say we aren't as good as Sydney. None of that from Longmuir.

On Wednesday senior coach Justin Longmuir proclaimed his belief in the squad despite losing Pearce.

"I think we are confident that when we value the right things, and we execute the gameplan, then it holds up against anyone," Longmuir said.

"Like I said after the game on the weekend, young key defenders when you come into the competition you don't get any easy rides.

"You are usually playing your role which means you are playing on good tall forwards."

In the absence of Pearce, Andrew Brayshaw will step in and lead the side as captain for the clash.
I was absolutely disgusted hearing Hinkley saying we are not as good as those sides, his job is to install confidence in to those players unbelievable negativity.
We aren’t North Melbourne for **** sake.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back