Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty amusing that crows both forgot to announce the crowd number at the game and it didn’t make it into any of the match reports.

29,800which I think might be their first sub 30k, excluding 2020/2021.

To be fair we still clocked up a 27k iirc against the suns circa 2018, but goes to show they are nowhere near as resilient as they like to claim
TARPS

46,541 official crowd figure guaranteed by the SMA.
The SMA said the crowd was 29,802. First crowd under 30k this year at AO and there were none in 2023.

In 2022 when both teams were losing, Port had 50k for the goodbye Robbie Gray showdown in Rd 22, 3 crowds in the 30k's and 7 in the 20k's.

In 2022 the crows had 7 crowds in the 30k's inc 39k for their showdown and 4 crowds in the 20k's,

Can almost guarantee next weeks game against the Bulldogs the SMA will show a crowd of less than 29.802.

Mind you with a 50% chance of rain, only 16 degrees, 1.15pm Saturday arvo game, there is a good chance less than 30k will turnout.

The SMA said the crowd was 29,802. First crowd under 30k this year at AO and there were none in 2023.

In 2022 when both teams were losing, Port had 50k for the goodbye Robbie Gray showdown in Rd 22, 3 crowds in the 30k's and 7 in the 20k's.

In 2022 the crows had 7 crowds in the 30k's inc 39k for their showdown and 4 crowds in the 20k's,

Can almost guarantee next weeks game against the Bulldogs the SMA will show a crowd of less than 29.802.

Mind you with a 50% chance of rain, only 16 degrees, 1.15pm Saturday arvo game, there is a good chance less than 30k will turnout.
No way known we break 30k. Shit time, shit weather, shit coach, and certainty that we are going to get flogged.

Having said that, I’m able to guess our crowds to +\- 1000. I’ve been to a couple of crows games, and they were all >5k over my estimate. Dodgy AF.

No way known we break 30k. Shit time, shit weather, shit coach, and certainty that we are going to get flogged.

Having said that, I’m able to guess our crowds to +\- 1000. I’ve been to a couple of crows games, and they were all >5k over my estimate. Dodgy AF.
Is it possible there is a legitimate reason for this? Does it count tickets sold or people through the gates? I've always assumed the latter.

Is it possible there is a legitimate reason for this? Does it count tickets sold or people through the gates? I've always assumed the latter.
Optics.

Pretty amusing that crows both forgot to announce the crowd number at the game and it didn’t make it into any of the match reports.

29,800which I think might be their first sub 30k, excluding 2020/2021.

To be fair we still clocked up a 27k iirc against the suns circa 2018, but goes to show they are nowhere near as resilient as they like to claim

Mind you GWS are a quality side and that's a big game in the prime slot they demanded.

The ones that stayed away (and a few that were there too I'd wager) would be disappointed that they did it for Nicksy. Media quick to forgive.

Wonder how we will go for attendance on Saturday night?

People through the gates, the scanners count them.

A couple of times in the past they've had issues where the scanners weren't working and they didn't know the attendance.

SMA has been dodgying crows crowds for years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People through the gates, the scanners count them.

A couple of times in the past they've had issues where the scanners weren't working and they didn't know the attendance.

SMA has been dodgying crows crowds for years.
Strange thing has been when the official attendance numbers were being reduced based on what the SMA were reporting, Port crowds always used to be reduced more than Crows ones.

Which never made sense to me, because the reasoning for the difference was that the SMA were including staff in their numbers. But then a Port game, where they close off most of the food vendors in the eastern stand would have a greater attendance reduction than a Crows game where they were all open.

Strange thing has been when the official attendance numbers were being reduced based on what the SMA were reporting, Port crowds always used to be reduced more than Crows ones.

Which never made sense to me, because the reasoning for the difference was that the SMA were including staff in their numbers. But then a Port game, where they close off most of the food vendors in the eastern stand would have a greater attendance reduction than a Crows game where they were all open.

If they are including staff members then that's another dodgy, because their own staff members have to buy a ticket if their shift ends before the game or leave.

Mind you GWS are a quality side and that's a big game in the prime slot they demanded.

The ones that stayed away (and a few that were there too I'd wager) would be disappointed that they did it for Nicksy. Media quick to forgive.

Wonder how we will go for attendance on Saturday night?
Pretty light on I reckon 😉

Afl is an awful product and is run by out of touch private school millionaires who think the fans are hill billies especially south Australia.

Does not surprise me that both clubs fans are losing interest.

Last edited:
As part of its talent pathways review, the AFL is weighing up whether one club (@NMFCOfficial as the leading example) should have the entire Northern Territory as its zone.

FMD

How many free kicks do they want to give to non deserving club?. North did bugger all wherever they have gone to find a second home because, they dont have the funds for proper development.

Laura Kane is ex North Melbourne. Now as Executive General Manager of Football at the AFL this is her remit. From her Linkedin page.

North Melbourne Football Club North Melbourne Football Club
5 yrs 8 mos5 yrs 8 mos

As part of its talent pathways review, the AFL is weighing up whether one club (@NMFCOfficial as the leading example) should have the entire Northern Territory as its zone.

Is that wise? Their coach will force them all to get abortions

The 2025 Gather Round will run from Thursday, April 10 through to Sunday, April 13 in a similar timeslot to last season – but this time before Easter Sunday, set for April 20 next year.

The timing of Gather Round coincides with the middle weekend of school holidays in Victoria and Queensland and the first weekend of school holidays in South Australia, Western Australia and New South Wales

Remove this Banner Ad

Back