Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

I can live with trading duursma

What gets me is we essentially traded a contracted 23yr old for an uncontracted 25yr old.

The one time we had the upper hand in the trade and should be dictating terms after years of listening to our own club openly say in trade week that it was on us to satisfy other teams in trades and we fold like wet lettuce.

Absolute piss weak it was.
As the sequel for "give us a second and third for this ten-hour-braised Fantasia", it stuck in the craw.

I can live with trading duursma

What gets me is we essentially traded a contracted 23yr old for an uncontracted 25yr old.

The one time we had the upper hand in the trade and should be dictating terms after years of listening to our own club openly say in trade week that it was on us to satisfy other teams in trades and we fold like wet lettuce.

Absolute piss weak it was.
Desperate people do desperate things.

Seen the ladder lately? Seen how we are playing lately? Happy with Zerk-Thatcher lately?
i think you are vastly overstating the influence of duursma on our club lol

i think you are vastly overstating the influence of duursma on our club lol

The second that ball hit the ground against Geelong was the beginning of the end.

Trading a player like Duursma is a statement on the type of player you value at your football club (ie you don't value players who put their head over the ball and give unconditional effort). Our increasingly bruise free style of football should come as no surprise in that context.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trading a player like Duursma is a statement on the type of player you value at your football club (ie you don't value players who put their head over the ball and give unconditional effort). Our increasingly bruise free style of football should come as no surprise in that context.

Not sure what you’re saying here TK.

Duursma epitomises outside bruise free front running football to me. Zero problems with trading him out.

The specifics of that trade is another issue entirely. But I personally think we did alright there too.

Watching Craig McRaes presser…as controversial as this opinion may be…there’s a lot of Hinkley about him (not in glowing way lol)

Started doing this stats graphic a couple of weeks ago and updated it for tonight's game, but Collingwood under McRae are rarely out of it. You can't afford to give them a sniff.

Daicos kicks the goal rather than a point the margin is 7pts with 90 seconds to go and chance to steal it.

Essendon were 31pts up at 12 min 11 seconds in and they don't score again for the game. Collingwood kick 3.1.

YearDraw1-67-1213-1819+RangeGames
202207-24-11-25-342 to -4825
202306-13-02-110-378 to -3326
202424-00-20-24-266 to - 3316
Total217-37-33-519-878 to -4867
Finals02-21-001-0206

Not sure what you’re saying here TK.

Duursma epitomises outside bruise free front running football to me. Zero problems with trading him out.

The specifics of that trade is another issue entirely. But I personally think we did alright there too.
The mistake we made with Duursma was trying to bulk him for more inside work, his gift was getting on his bike on the outside and running all day in his early Port days. The thing that echoes in my mind is him saying he needed to "learn to run again" after putting on a few kilos.. madness.

It’s so un-Port Adelaide isn’t it

Past greats probably hate the club more than we do tbh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back