Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Simpson has won a flag but that's along time ago now and they've won only 8 games in last 3 years and they still look like they've got a long way to go with this rebuild. I think they should be going in another direction and Simpson needs a fresh start elsewhere too.

The Adelaide Crows will challenge Izak Rankine's four-game ban for his bump on Brisbane Lion Brandon Starcevich.The Crows have released a statement accepting Rankine's wrongdoing, revealing the midfielder would enter a guilty plea.However, Adelaide will argue his actions were careless rather than intentional in a bid to downgrade his ban

I get they have to appeal in an effort to reduce the sentence.

But, his front on block WAS intentional. He is responsible for the head high contact and consequences as a result. So no chance of getting the charge downgraded to careless imho.

Simpson has won a flag but that's along time ago now and they've won only 8 games in last 3 years and they still look like they've got a long way to go with this rebuild. I think they should be going in another direction and Simpson needs a fresh start elsewhere too.

Apparently WCE have cancelled a scheduled presser with Tim Kelly this morning. Some fool like Barra or Gossage might've gone the old Richard Carleton "blood on you hands" question.

The AFL and its controversial illicit drugs policy (IDP) is under fire again after shocking revelations surrounding an ex-player.
Federal MP Andrew Wilkie has again come forward with bombshell claims against the sporting organisation, claiming to have “credible evidence” that a former footballer was “blackmailed” by a criminal organisation as a result of the player’s illicit drug use.
The Herald Sun first reported on Tuesday morning Wilkie’s evidence shows parents of a former footballer were “blackmailed” over their son’s unpaid drug debts while he was playing in the AFL.

The Adelaide Crows will challenge Izak Rankine 's four-game ban for his bump on Brisbane Lion Brandon Starcevich .The Crows have released a statement accepting Rankine's wrongdoing, revealing the midfielder would enter a guilty plea.However, Adelaide will argue his actions were careless rather than intentional in a bid to downgrade his ban

I get they have to appeal in an effort to reduce the sentence.

But, his front on block WAS intentional. He is responsible for the head high contact and consequences as a result. So no chance of getting the charge downgraded to careless imho.
I really hope that they are successful in changing it to careless, and then the Tribunal still imposes a 4 week ban, just like it did against Sam Powell-Pepper and Peter Wright for careless, high contact and severe impact.

The AFL really should've just graded it careless, especially considering they were matching the penalty given against two other players who were graded careless. He's laid a bump, but the high contact has come from the careless nature of the bump causing a clash between the top of Rankine's head and Starcevich's chin.

For rough conduct, the AFL is trying to argue that Rankine intentionally committed a reportable offence.

Its like they've set up the Crows for a "win" with a three game suspension after dropping it to careless.

Last edited:
The difference is with coaches who've won a flag is that it's done..... technically they've made it so they can be sacked. Ken needs all the time in the world as he's a 'good coach' who just needs some luck so he can get a blue ribbon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hinkley should be sacked too, but what's happening at West Coast isn't really comparable.
True. While we are told we don't have the list to contend, they actually barely have a list at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back