Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

This is how you improve goal kicking

Not sure how hitting 3's improves goal kicking?
It has to be mostly mental. You see in the warmup or training videos they can kick them from everywhere, slotting them from the pockets with ease. Then gameday comes and they will miss from 30m out directly in front.

Didn't know were to post this but it seems to be applicable to AFL as well.
It does for me anyway.

View attachment 2043918
He's a bit of a philosopher Bielsa. Very intelligent guy. He recently had a go at the press at a press conference about not challenging what they hear from FIFA (i.e. a lot of BS most of the time). But it was more about the decline of media in investigating facts, etc.

He's a bit of a philosopher Bielsa. Very intelligent guy. He recently had a go at the press at a press conference about not challenging what they hear from FIFA (i.e. a lot of BS most of the time). But it was more about the decline of media in investigating facts, etc.

If anyone one likes the tactical side to the game YouTube bielsa

A great listen and you learn a lot.

Im Shocked Ryan Reynolds GIF by Welcome to Wrexham

Listening to the AFL aligned media scribes this arvo - most of who said Heeney should definitely get one week yesterday - the general feeling is that Heeney will succeed in his Tribunal appeal.

No new evidence of course- just the 'vibe'. Reckon there's been a fait bit of media backgrounding going on here to prepare the ground for a backflip.

Let's see what happens and the excuses given.

But if he does get off, we all know why...

1720600918123.png

This is how you improve goal kicking

The old Ron Barassi line I saw stuck up in a change room, when I was a kid.

Practice makes perfect, BULLSHIT. Perfect practice makes perfect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

45m out, directly in front - who’s kicking more than 10 consecutive on our list?
At training? Most of them.

Taking that competence under zero mental pressure to the pressure of performing on game day is why they are paid the big bucks. And it's where most players struggle.

Didn't know were to post this but it seems to be applicable to AFL as well.
It does for me anyway.

View attachment 2043918

It’s become a sanitised over professionalised ‘entertainment’.

Sport doesn’t feel like sport anymore. There’s too much money and gambling money involved for it to be trusted.

I'd sit next to JB.

I didn't got to a private school, so he wouldn't want to talk to me.
I'd sit next to Eddie - pretend I didn’t know who he was - stick my head in a book as soon as I sat down - wouldn’t have to listen to his conversation with anyone else and wouldn’t even have to engage with him to get past into the aisle.

Reminds me of the time a couple of decades ago on the last Sunday night full flight back from Melbourne I was stuck in the middle seat between then Ten newsreader George Donikian and David McKay (who was doing the ABC sports SANFL commentary at the time). Both were burley chaps and I still had a slim build back then and I felt like the slice of cheese in a double beef burger.

I offered to swap seats but they weren't interested. Instead for the whole flight they sat talking across me about the bloody Adelaide Crows, including the ongoing fallout between then crows coach Gary Ayres and Shaun Rehn and the infamous car wash incident.

I hadn't packed headphones so had to endure it.

Was a friggin nightmare.

Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Back