Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL House is always willing to look at injustices and unfairness in the competition - just so long as they are not within the borders of Victoria or the cosy shut-out deal the AFL has going with the Victorian Government.

'The AFL's contract with the Victorian state government to play the Grand Final at the MCG until 2059 means that lopsidedness will continue, too. But the game can still do plenty more to ensure that the non-Victorian clubs get as fair a run at winning a flag as possible.'

Another good little article from Rohan Connolly

She does the naked thingy very very well
I don’t mind Katie Perry
I remember one time I was at a party & the girls wanted some pink bubbly, so I hopped into one of their cars & raced down to the Alberton bottlo, jumped out of a champagne coloured Toyota echo with Katie Perry blasting “this id how you do do do do do do this is how you do” & ordered some pink bubbly from these 2 tough looking blokes who had a chuckle and gave me some odd looks

I don’t mind Katie Perry
I remember one time I was at a party & the girls wanted some pink bubbly, so I hopped into one of their cars & raced down to the Alberton bottlo, jumped out of a champagne coloured Toyota echo with Katie Perry blasting “this id how you do do do do do do this is how you do” & ordered some pink bubbly from these 2 tough looking blokes who had a chuckle and gave me some odd looks
9TmAve7.gif

AFL House is always willing to look at injustices and unfairness in the competition - just so long as they are not within the borders of Victoria or the cosy shut-out deal the AFL has going with the Victorian Government.

'The AFL's contract with the Victorian state government to play the Grand Final at the MCG until 2059 means that lopsidedness will continue, too. But the game can still do plenty more to ensure that the non-Victorian clubs get as fair a run at winning a flag as possible.'

But .. but .. Gather Round

It's good this is getting an airing, but the unconscious bias of the Vic media is still front and centre. Nothing betrays the fact that the AFL is a re-named VFL than the constant referral to the "interstate clubs". From our perspective there are 16 interstate clubs, but we'd never express it that way.

If there really is need to group the clubs based outside of Victoria collectively then at least use "non-Victorian".

It's good this is getting an airing, but the unconscious bias of the Vic media is still front and centre. Nothing betrays the fact that the AFL is a re-named VFL than the constant referral to the "interstate clubs". From our perspective there are 16 interstate clubs, but we'd never express it that way.

If there really is need to group the clubs based outside of Victoria collectively then at least use "non-Victorian".

I wouldn't get too excited just yet CP.

Rohan Connolly is hardly an insider with influence at AFL House, having rattled their gilded cage more than once.

Edit: deleted utter crap part of my post (well the bit was more crap than most of it anyway).

But the more is published and written about this by genuine journos living in Victoria but outside the AFL gravy train, the more it has a chance of getting listened to.

And a reminder of how many MCG games the top 11 2024 flag contenders have/will have played in the minor round this year...

1. Collingwood: 14 minor round games at the MCG in 2024

2. Melbourne: 14 games at the MCG

3. Carlton: 9 games at the MCG

4. Essendon: 8 games at the MCG

5. Geelong: 6 games at the MCG

6. Sydney: 3 games at the MCG

7. Port Adelaide: 3 games at the MCG

8. Western Bulldogs: 2 games at the MCG

9. Brisbane: 2 games at the MCG

10. Fremantle: 2 games at the MCG

11. GWS: 2 games at the MCG

Last edited:
I wouldn't get too excited just yet CP.

Rohan Connolly is hardly an insider with influence at AFL House, having rattled their gilded cage more than once.

He wrote the excellent 2021 expose on the scandalous insider trading-like operations of the AFL called 'The Boys' Club' and feck all has changed in AFL House since then.

View attachment 2046079

But the more is published and written about this by genuine journos living in Victoria but outside the AFL gravy train, the more it has a chance of getting listened to.

And a reminder of how many MCG games the top 11 2024 flag contenders have/will have played in the minor round this year...

1. Collingwood: 14 minor round games at the MCG in 2024

2. Melbourne: 14 games at the MCG

3. Carlton: 9 games at the MCG

4. Essendon: 8 games at the MCG

5. Geelong: 6 games at the MCG

6. Sydney: 3 games at the MCG

7. Port Adelaide: 3 games at the MCG

8. Western Bulldogs: 2 games at the MCG

9. Brisbane: 2 games at the MCG

10. Fremantle: 2 games at the MCG

11. GWS: 2 games at the MCG
Am I missing something? Michael Warner wrote The Boys Club not RoCo.

Am I missing something? Michael Warner wrote The Boys Club not RoCo.
Yep. You are missing the fact that from time to time I'm a dead set idiot who talks utter rubbish especially when multi-tasking.

Sorry. You're dead right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's great that Seven has Australia's premier sports medicos in DR Brian Taylor and Dr Matt Richardson on tonight's broadcast.

Otherwise we would have had most of the commentary of the second quarter wasted on the false diagnosis of hamstring injuries - first for Cameron and then for Daicos.

Phew.

Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Back