Review Postmatch discussion/positives & negatives vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't buy that. He's not lost his skills or pace. It's just that's he's been played out of position.
Fair enough comment.

Mind you, he's having no impact at the moment and is a little Murphy like. Plenty of ball, no impact.

Neg
I HATE watching Boomer in defence.
McMiilan was rubbish
Ziebell, Cunnington and Swallow poor
Petrie average
We need to upgrade Gibson
Wood was OK but the most mediocre 11 possession quarter (1st) I've seen in a while
Our misfield set up sucks balls, unfortunately not footballs
Dinky nowhere handballs rather than taking the game on allowed them to man up and forced us to kick to 2 on 1
Pos
I didn't pay an extra $5k for a guaranteed GF ticket

One of the questions I have moving forward is exactly what role do we want Wood to play? He is a mid at the moment having really played that role rarely in the VFL. All of a sudden he is our go to tall mid? His disposal will get better with maturity but surely with our forward line struggling (yes due to delivery as well) why isn't there more of a push to have him work into the structure?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

11219351_948827935168356_4869690028138451287_n.jpg

Lewis and Hodge will probably sit on a porch as old men and reminisce about all the heroic, manly things they did

Home early tonight so I'm gonna hit the replay as I always do, win lose or draw. I don't know why I do it to myself sometimes, but tonight I want another look at a few blokes before I start potting.

For now all I'll say is that deplorable disposal aside, some of the insipid lack of work rate I witnessed at ground level tonight cannot be forgiven with another game next week.

The only solace I took from the ground was that 2 Hawk dogs (I mean tough, courageous champions??) won't be playing next week.

Back later.

Neg
I HATE watching Boomer in defence.
McMiilan was rubbish
Ziebell, Cunnington and Swallow poor
Petrie average
We need to upgrade Gibson
Wood was OK but the most mediocre 11 possession quarter (1st) I've seen in a while
Our misfield set up sucks balls, unfortunately not footballs
Dinky nowhere handballs rather than taking the game on allowed them to man up and forced us to kick to 2 on 1
Pos
I didn't pay an extra $5k for a guaranteed GF ticket
Liked for misfield.

Our disposal and turnovers were enough to give them a sniff of confidence.

You could see what was coming in the first 20 seconds.

Hate to say it but I agree, we were gone within a minute of the bounce, we simply weren't up for it.

Speaking of throwing up, Melbourne and GWS are above us on the ladder. We're not going to make top 4, another wasted year.

We lost tonights game in Round 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Postmatch discussion/positives & negatives vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back