Training Pre-Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Sloane's own words regarding not having had any negative feedback or discussions on playing SANFL and saying that would be years away, if at all. Plus the way Nicks chose to rest him as sub and manufactured the game day change instead of Sloane being shown as 'omitted'. We went out of our way to protect his ego late last year, no way we dump him in the suburban league a few rounds later. He's got a season of being carried regardless of how bad he's going and it's clear that the coaches loved what he was bringing last year.

Hope I'm wrong, but it's unlikely. Reckon injury is the only variable.

when was the bolded?

The other stuff is just like what we did in 2016,

when was the bolded?

The other stuff is just like what we did in 2016,

around his re-signing time. It's close to 2016, except that we didn't fully rest Sloane like we did Thommo. And we had never gone with the bizarre selection in the 22 then game day change to avoid someone being listed as 'omitted' before. It speaks to the Sloane being treated very differently to everyone else.

around his re-signing time. It's close to 2016, except that we didn't fully rest Sloane like we did Thommo. And we had never gone with the bizarre selection in the 22 then game day change to avoid someone being listed as 'omitted' before. It speaks to the Sloane being treated very differently to everyone else.
maybe but there was no sub rule in 2016

maybe but there was no sub rule in 2016

irrelevant. We could have just not selected him in the 22, AFL website lists him as omitted and we select him from the emergencies as sub. Just like we did every other week of the year and every other team did all year. There's a reason Sloane was treated specially and I reckon that flows through to whether they'll play him in the SANFL.

i

vs Collingwood in April.

ASADA might come knocking!!
I don't know what the lad has been up to, but his left arm is certainly bigger than last year ;)

That's not a great outcome - the last thing we need is more and more players thinking they need midfield time.
With all the emerging midfield talent we have, why not create a new game style where we have ruck, rover, ruck rover, centre line, half back line and half forward line all following the ball around.

Sure, it might look like under 12's, but it could work...

<I'll add a TIC, just to make sure no-one takes me seriously here. Can't be too careful on these boards...>

Who is the freakier talent, Betts or Rankine?

Betts has the runs on the board … some of the best freak show highlights in the modern era.

Gonna say Izak will be his equal!!

I don’t want to under represent Eddie. Left foot torpedo goal from 50m in the rain. It’s a high bar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn’t even do that last year

Let’s hope he becomes the professional sub
I'd rather him stay in the SANFL and mentor the younger players. We have better players than Sloane to play midfield and if the thought was to play him forward, we now have Rankine, Rachele and Pedlar who are all better forwards.

sure, coz we finally rested him in round 24 so he was nice and fresh for his end of season break. You're not seriously counting missing the final game through injury as some form of evidence of him not being selected every round when available last year.

He absolutely did play league footy all of last year, why downplay it

Being the sub counts as playing in the league side and he was made sub for only two of our 24 games. Played every other full game barring that eye injury. Never dropped, never subbed off, no SANFL

He was a mainstay in the league side last season and, given how unbelievably precious this club is about him, there’s every chance he’ll continue being one this season

Let's hope he doesn't.....SANFL all year because it should become evident even to those that support him he is not up to it any longer.
I can't remember the timing but the late season renaissance of Crouch has made Rory more precarious I feel. When did they each sign on again last year? I think Sloane was first. I wonder if Rory would have been offered another contract had the club known Crouch was going to come good?

Helps explain Max and probably a few others growth over the last 4-5 months

I didn't realise we had (premiership superstar) Bevan in this role. Good to see!

If Zooper Doopers and lollies are what it takes to produce elite footballers, watch out for my two little girls :p

He absolutely did play league footy all of last year, why downplay it

Being the sub counts as playing in the league side and he was made sub for only two of our 24 games. Played every other full game barring that eye injury. Never dropped, never subbed off, no SANFL

He was a mainstay in the league side last season and, given how unbelievably precious this club is about him, there’s every chance he’ll continue being one this season
Yeah fair enough , he definitely played too much

I’d like to think his sub role in second showdown is sign of things to come for him

Wouldn’t surprise me if he has injury problems and struggles to get momentum

Betts has the runs on the board … some of the best freak show highlights in the modern era.

Gonna say Izak will be his equal!!

I don’t want to under represent Eddie. Left foot torpedo goal from 50m in the rain. It’s a high bar.
I love Izak and what COULD do but he's got a long way to go to get anywhere near Eddie the great.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Pre-Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back