Pre-season training. Bring it on!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I loved it Stabby!! :) :thumbsu:

We haven't had a really good ramble since your last report, so yes, it's not your longest, but you'll get there. I know you will. :D

Seriously, great report, Stabby!! :thumbsu:

Well done, and I'm sure that all but Jaryd Lyons would agree. :D

After the sprint work they went into their usual stretching, and simple kick-to-kick stuff. I found it somewhat amusing when they were asked to do a forward somersault and then mark the ball - so many of the players did the somersault, stood up, got their hands to the ball and dropped the mark. I guess the foggy head got to them. Dangerfield had it slip through both hands, as did Rory. Walker of course did his somersault too slowly and the ball bounced over him while he was doing it :p

Commander, it's a FORWARD ROLL not a somersault ;) Oh man, they can't catch a ball after doing one roll with two hands? Sheesh. If I was there today I would have had serious trouble controlling my laughter. :p

Good report stabby :D

Damn it, I said forward roll to start with and then corrected myself to somersault :eek: I should have checked with our resident cheerleader first :D

Actually your comment about two hands reminds me, after the somersault.. err... forward roll drill, they did a drill where they had to mark with one hand - and I didn't see one player miss (except for those balls where the ball didn't come to them). So apparently they're good with one hand, just not both hands after a somersa.. gah, I give up :eek:

So Nikki.....if you could just identify which row, and how many from the left you are that would be swah.

510231_1971965.jpg

It's a good little drill about being able to 'centre' yourself or losing sight of the apparatus and having to spot it again quickly. They haven't learned how to orientate themselves yet.

I never did actual cheerleading, just judged it. 10 years of Rhythmic Gymnastics though ;) Still a few things with a ball I can do, that they can't! And there is a lot they can do that I can't. :D

So Nikki.....if you could just identify which row, and how many from the left you are that would be swah.

510231_1971965.jpg

ROFL. As I said to stabby never did cheerleading myself. My sister and I did go to the 'try outs' one year to see what they were actually looking for, because we used to make a lot of comments during their 'performances'. They are a dance squad, not cheerleaders. And we were gymnasts. A few of them freaked out when I stretched my sister :D

Also, stabbys seen me irl, ask him which one I might look like ;)

Did anybody else read that Jenkins won the 40m sprint? Not sure who else was running. Apparently Danger wasnt there. Gotta be excited by JJ. Kinda sounds like the player they were hoping Moran would turn out to be! Could he be considered at CHB? With height and closing speed like that would be a nightmare match-up for other teams. Thoughts??

Thanks WishiAintGetting and Stabby. Thanks for your reports. Stabby, i'm glab you brought up Craig and Young. I was about to ask you if they were out ther but you answered my question. It is interesting that you mentioned Craig was out there but not Young. My information was Young has been training and Craig has not really made it out on the park much. Will be interesting if either one gets the nod. Cant imagine both considering they are injury riddled most the time :(

Did anybody else read that Jenkins won the 40m sprint? Not sure who else was running. Apparently Danger wasnt there. Gotta be excited by JJ. Kinda sounds like the player they were hoping Moran would turn out to be! Could he be considered at CHB? With height and closing speed like that would be a nightmare match-up for other teams. Thoughts??

Sounds like the club could also see him as a KPD. Has spent time up forward and i can imagine he would be a good prospect up there with his pace. :D

A few of them freaked out when I stretched my sister :D

Also, stabbys seen me irl, ask him which one I might look like ;)

Resisting urge to post 'sisters phone number or gtfo'.....:D

You gymnasts are mental. Curtosy of injury any a lazy recovery my right knee only bends to 90 degrees, yet you folk put limbs in places they shouldn't go. My claim to fame is I can touch my toes. :p

Stabby, you've been called out my friend! also Stabros, any update on Brodie Smith?

I don't know how to say this without sounding negative, but don't get excited by him. Same as Dowdell, I'd be very surprised to either played any AFL matches, let along become good AFL players.

Kicking skills are suspect under any sort of pressure and not the best body position.

Was bored after 20 seconds. The Russian accent isn't as good as the tennis skills. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know how to say this without sounding negative, but don't get excited by him. Same as Dowdell, I'd be very surprised to either played any AFL matches, let along become good AFL players.

Kicking skills are suspect under any sort of pressure and not the best body position.
Well that is negative, and a load of shit regarding Jenkins. There is a reason 4 clubs were seriously interested in luring him off Essendon's rookie list during trade week. Played a few solid games with Bendigo Bombers last year after only converting to footy late. I'll back AFL recruiters over the crap you sprout out. This is actually the first time I've heard someone say something negative about him, funny that...

Dowdell on the other hand, if he plays any games it'll be a win for our recruiters.

Well that is negative, and a load of shit regarding Jenkins. There is a reason 4 clubs were seriously interested in luring him off Essendon's rookie list during trade week. Played a few solid games with Bendigo Bombers last year after only converting to footy late. I'll back AFL recruiters over the crap you sprout out. This is actually the first time I've heard someone say something negative about him, funny that...

Dowdell on the other hand, if he plays any games it'll be a win for our recruiters.

So every single player drafted is awesome?

Don't think so, funny thing that.

So every single player drafted is awesome?

Don't think so, funny thing that.
No, they aren't. But the fact a guy at 199cm and 103kg can win our 40m sprint over guys like Danger shows his athletic ability is fine, and his skills are fine going by reports from the VFL last year and training. Your negative bullshit really is getting tiresome.

No, they aren't. But the fact a guy at 199cm and 103kg can win our 40m sprint over guys like Danger shows his athletic ability is fine, and his skills are fine going by reports from the VFL last year and training. Your negative bullshit really is getting tiresome.

And so is your childish nievity.

Every player during preseason is a stud on this board until proven otherwise during games. I'm so over it. I don't believe he will be a good AFL player.

And so is your childish nievity.

Every player during preseason is a stud on this board until proven otherwise during games. I'm so over it. I don't believe he will be a good AFL player.

Heavens forbid we get excited about talented new young players, thats not what footy is about :cool: Much better to harp on about former coaches and lament how wrong the club gets it all the time. Where is your training report?

He didnt actually beat Dangerfield. Patty didnt compete in that run apparently. Is still very quick for a bloke his side. According to a lot of posters on the Mitch Grigg thread, thats all you need to be successfull! But seriously, a bloke his size and that athletic has to get you a tiny bit excited?! Im not saying he is anywhere near getting a game at this stage, but could be a interesting fill-in if required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back