B Section Premier B - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you will find that Tom Campbell has followed Wayne Oswald in his travels - Sandringham then OS then OM's. Where will Oswald be this year?

Obviously TC is still believing that OW may get him drafted to an AFL team via his video 'magic' - good luck and we wish him all the best

Reminds me of a mate who had success in something so his success rate was 100% - did it again and he failed so the success rate was 50% - ouch! "mmm maybe we were just lucky on the first one chief"???

Cheers

CC

WRFL anagram is well suited ( Worst Run Football League)

Agreed WEST - I think Werribee is in a very healthy position at the moment, having earnt consecutive promotions through strong growth from the bottom up and building the culture of club to a point where it can handle the loss of a few players to the the local league for pocket money on a regular basis.

Whilst they may be surrounded by clubs with the ability to lure players with cash, the fact that most of those clubs operate in a pretty ordinary league will hopefully ensure that there isn't a solid flow away, and possibly even a few returning after a year testing the waters.

Black and Scudamore aside, none of the likely departures present clear holes to be filled and even then there's enough talent at Soldiers to fill those gaps easily. Youre home ground advantage will be enough to ensure you guys win plenty when the mat is rolled out, so I'm expecting the Tigers to be, at least, a solid Premier B citizen, and perhaps a surprise finalist come late August.

Good luck.

WRFL anagram is well suited ( Worst Run Football League)

West - this is off topic but as you are clearly in the know at Werribee I thought you might be able to shed some light. Story going around that Werribee knocked back the opportunity to have their 19s in the Premier division and that Uni Blacks have been given a reprieve as a consequence. Having lost the last 2 U19s flags in the 2nd div I can understand if this was the case as the boys might want another crack at getting the silverware. On the other hand it would be a real boost to the club to have their 19s in the top division competing against the best of the VAFA. Any substance to this or is that just the way in panned out?

I went to the races yesterday and bumped into a few mates from some well known VAFA B grade clubs. I was able to glean the following info in regards to recruits and departures:
Beauy have lost two of their top 10 B & F guys to Cheltenham but have gained 3 guys from VFL footy, Ajax have lost a heap of their older well known brigade, Old Brighton don't have many new heads and have average numbers, as well as the same old faces from 5-8 years ago.
I have heard that OM's will still expect to make finals as their core young guys who carried the load last year are still there and Brown is working miracles with training.
As far as 'big' names go, we have lost Tony Brown and Disco Seccull(finally) but will have Brede Seccull take his place.
I have also heard that SKOB have ex Tigers Mark Coughlan, Dean Putt and some bloke from Hawthorn who played in their 08 flag, don't know his name, can anyone confirm?

West - this is off topic but as you are clearly in the know at Werribee I thought you might be able to shed some light. Story going around that Werribee knocked back the opportunity to have their 19s in the Premier division and that Uni Blacks have been given a reprieve as a consequence. Having lost the last 2 U19s flags in the 2nd div I can understand if this was the case as the boys might want another crack at getting the silverware. On the other hand it would be a real boost to the club to have their 19s in the top division competing against the best of the VAFA. Any substance to this or is that just the way in panned out?
A lot of players coming up from u18's still bottom age and may struggle in Premier. Also lost current players to Senior ranks as too old to be U19's

Way off the mark you say.
Oakleigh Dragons are now Oakleigh Devils and will be based at Dandy rd. and will wear Districts jumpoers with a Devil in the middle.

Let me assure you that Oakleigh Dragons jfc have NO Connection or link With the newly formed "Oakleigh Devils" who are based at districts ground on princes hwy (west oval) Oakleigh East.....

Oakleigh Dragons HOME GROUND remains as it always has at Scammell Reserve.

It is of our belief that many people have become confused by this but let me reassure you Oakleigh Dragons are not connected with the newly formed Oakleigh Devils.

Lots of armchair critics out there, I'll take a 202cm ex AFL ruckman any day.

Also have heard that the great man Hayden Hetta is back at Old Ivanhoe, huge get for OI and the VAFA rep side!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Westy, is there any truth is the rumors around the traps that you boys have lost cam lee to a grade and Azza taylor has retired?? Two massive losses in the bees camp there if its true

Lots of armchair critics out there, I'll take a 202cm ex AFL ruckman any day.

Also have heard that the great man Hayden Hetta is back at Old Ivanhoe, huge get for OI and the VAFA rep side!
OM's had a 202cm ex AFL ruckman last year.
Some might say he did his best work in Mykanos for 8 weeks.

A lot of players coming up from u18's still bottom age and may struggle in Premier. Also lost current players to Senior ranks as too old to be U19's

Thanks for the update and fair enough too. Last year Old Brighton came up to 19 Premier knowing they would struggle. Got smashed every week which was no good for them or the oppostion. Best to make the call early which you have done.

I went to the races yesterday and bumped into a few mates from some well known VAFA B grade clubs. I was able to glean the following info in regards to recruits and departures:
Beauy have lost two of their top 10 B & F guys to Cheltenham but have gained 3 guys from VFL footy, Ajax have lost a heap of their older well known brigade, Old Brighton don't have many new heads and have average numbers, as well as the same old faces from 5-8 years ago.
I have heard that OM's will still expect to make finals as their core young guys who carried the load last year are still there and Brown is working miracles with training.
As far as 'big' names go, we have lost Tony Brown and Disco Seccull(finally) but will have Brede Seccull take his place.
I have also heard that SKOB have ex Tigers Mark Coughlan, Dean Putt and some bloke from Hawthorn who played in their 08 flag, don't know his name, can anyone confirm?
Think you will find it's one 1st team player definite to Chelt and 1 ressie player maybe and only one VFL player signed with another to play when not required by Collingwood VFL. Also Xavier Clarke training with Beauy but will he actually play?

if i knew the answer i wouldnt have asked. i have heard that they both havent been at training for a while and thats why. is it true or not?
Your info is incorect. Cam has been at training since we started in Nov last year. Azza has been at club and trained on Monday. This time of year players come 1 night and not the next. Work committments, school, uni etc. Will let you know who has come and gone at end of April.

Think you will find it's one 1st team player definite to Chelt and 1 ressie player maybe and only one VFL player signed with another to play when not required by Collingwood VFL. Also Xavier Clarke training with Beauy but will he actually play?

It will be awsome for the league if Raphaels better brother plays for beaui. I think beauis exciting young brigade with a lot of them coming up from 19's premier could really use Clarkes leadership. There's a few good ex afl players this year rumoured to play.

Your info is incorect. Cam has been at training since we started in Nov last year. Azza has been at club and trained on Monday. This time of year players come 1 night and not the next. Work committments, school, uni etc. Will let you know who has come and gone at end of April.

Please Westie, stop kidding yourself. We all know that the players at Werribee don't go to school, uni, etc...unless there's a lesson on hot wiring cars.

All the best for 2012!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back