B Section Premier B - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

There was a substantial sum offered by Ajax FC to upgrade the koornang rd facilities for public use.
There was no payment to glen eira council..as no one wanted that risk.
The payment was to upgrade a public facility..only with gen eira council spproval.
It was rejected, regrettably by council.
I hear that the council took offence to AJAX trying to pay the previous caretakers of that ground to leave, putting AJAX in the box seat to take over. Apparently it blew up in their face when the council found out. This is just a rumor, but I wouldn't put it past the jackas to try something like that.

I hear that the council took offence to AJAX trying to pay the previous caretakers of that ground to leave, putting AJAX in the box seat to take over. Apparently it blew up in their face when the council found out. This is just a rumor, but I wouldn't put it past the jackas to try something like that.

That is not what happened.Caulfield Bears wanted to move away from Princes Park.The Koornang Rd oval's pavilion ,where they wanted to go to be with their juniors,needed a major upgrade.Caulfield Bears made a presentation to Glen Eira Council,and under specific instructions from AJAX disclosed that funds were available for THAT project,a major upgrade of a public facility,if AJAX was granted the Princes Park allocation.Private funds to upgrade a public facility.No money to the previous caretakers.Council did not like the idea and insisted that the arrangement was terminated.It was.Caulfield Bears still moved away.Council decided to move Old Haileybury away from their home to use Princes Park.
Any and every club would try to play at a ground that was within its community, where most of its members reside.
The real question should be why did Council move old Haileybury,and how long is that arrangement to remain?
Pity not many posts about B Grade footy?just gossip and rumors about off field rubbish.

But what about Saints beating the Blues? Riewolt is a star.
And who are going to be the finalists in B grade?

That is not what happened.Caulfield Bears wanted to move away from Princes Park.The Koornang Rd oval's pavilion ,where they wanted to go to be with their juniors,needed a major upgrade.Caulfield Bears made a presentation to Glen Eira Council,and under specific instructions from AJAX disclosed that funds were available for THAT project,a major upgrade of a public facility,if AJAX was granted the Princes Park allocation.Private funds to upgrade a public facility.No money to the previous caretakers.Council did not like the idea and insisted that the arrangement was terminated.It was.Caulfield Bears still moved away.Council decided to move Old Haileybury away from their home to use Princes Park.
Any and every club would try to play at a ground that was within its community, where most of its members reside.
The real question should be why did Council move old Haileybury,and how long is that arrangement to remain?
Pity not many posts about B Grade footy?just gossip and rumors about off field rubbish.

But what about Saints beating the Blues? Riewolt is a star.
And who are going to be the finalists in B grade?
For what its worth, you are right this forum has died a slow death this season.
From what I have seen your finalists come from Old Trinity space, AJAX ( I was wrong on this one they are the real deal after watching them on Saturday), 3 teams then fighting it out for 2 spots, Brighton (fast start which is unusual but noticed no Anthony lately), SKOB (slow start which is unusual but noticed they have not played at home yet?) & OMs (another Jekyl and Hyde team).
OH just off that pack with Parkdale. The other 3 will try and win a few against each other.
I am sure this will change again after the next month but that is the way things are looking to me.

sounds to me like ajax tried to bribe the council....

You are trying to stir or incite.caulfield wanted to move. Caulfield wanted a pavilion upgrade.
In end caulfield moved.no upgrade.there was no bribe.there was no attempt to bribe.
There was an offer to upgrade a public facility.

Why don,t you ask why is council not allowing Ajax to call princes park home, when 75% of it players and members reside in and around that precinct.

Too early to predict best 2 teams as must await travel arrangements and injuries

You are trying to stir or incite.caulfield wanted to move. Caulfield wanted a pavilion upgrade.
In end caulfield moved.no upgrade.there was no bribe.there was no attempt to bribe.
There was an offer to upgrade a public facility.

Why don,t you ask why is council not allowing Ajax to call princes park home, when 75% of it players and members reside in and around that precinct.

Too early to predict best 2 teams as must await travel arrangements and injuries
why do you think council wouldnt let ajax move to caulfield park? look up the definition of a bribe, you cant say to the council, if you let us move to caulfield park we will pay for an upgrade of koornang park. Ajax tried to influence councils decision. Back to footy, OB should bounce back with anthony coming back from injury.

why do you think council wouldnt let ajax move to caulfield park? look up the definition of a bribe, you cant say to the council, if you let us move to caulfield park we will pay for an upgrade of koornang park. Ajax tried to influence councils decision. Back to footy, OB should bounce back with anthony coming back from injury.

How can that be taken as a bribe?? Its a commercial negotiation.
We want A but to get A we will contribute funds for B as well as contribute funds to upgrade A.
It happens in business everyday of the week.
The council has let politics get in the way of what was a very basic commercial decision.
The net result is that the rate payers lose - as they don't get $175,000 of infrastructure upgrades paid by the private sector.
Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Where you are wrong is that Ajax never told GECC about the 175 large until the shit hit the fan.I don't see why they want to move from their great facility in Albert Park

I have a mate who knows president of caulfield bears.caulfield bears approached Ajax for upgrade of koornang facility.ajax agreed on one condition .....that GECC ..were advised upfront that there was a financial arrangement.
Ajax insisted Council knew...from the start .....not when shit hit fan.
That agreement was terminated as requested by Council.

I think Ajax want to play at same home ground as its juniors.i believe ajax want to play within its community and municipality where 75% of its members reside, and allow its orthodox supporters to walk to games on a Saturday afternoon.Seems logical fair and reasonable .why is council stopping that?
I believe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get your facts right champ, GECC were never advised and found out second hat. Albert Park the traditional home of Ajax is a long way to travel

I know the facts.I do have the facts right.GECC knew about the offer to upgrade koornang, before granting Caulfield Bears that ground allocation.GECC was upset because it was worried that morons would see the upgrade of koornang as the inducement, rather than a local community benefit.No person was walking away with money.
Agreement terminated.Caulfield bears moved.Why is Ajax denied its obvious and on every objective criteria the right to play within its community like every community footy club.
It is in past.No private funds to upgrade a public facility.Ajax will likely to seek ground allocation when old haileybury move back to their home at McKinnon reserve and princes park is vacant .

Now who is going to win on Saturday?

PLEASSSSSSSSSSSEEEEE STOP!!!!!!!!!

This forum was destroyed by Over The Post, you two are just finishing it off. Bedford, piss back off to whatever grade Ormond are in, it's obvious you are anti-semitic with your comments.
I'm an OH person, and I don't think we should have gotten PP over Ajax but we did so move on!!!

Some HUGE games this weekend, will the real OB turn up? How badly Caulfield have fallen from Premier will be shown once they play the Hedgeburners.

This forum was destroyed by Over The Post, you two are just finishing it off. Bedford, piss back off to whatever grade Ormond are in, it's obvious you are anti-semitic with your comments.
I'm an OH person, and I don't think we should have gotten PP over Ajax but we did so move on!!!

Some HUGE games this weekend, will the real OB turn up? How badly Caulfield have fallen from Premier will be shown once they play the Hedgeburners.

Caulfield have found their kicking boots and look set to stay up now, given the form of the 'Roys and the 'Bees.

Lamenting the loss of the afternoon tea's at Blacks and Browns games this season. Hope to venture out to Brighton to see the match of the round. PM, if you would like a report. Upstairs at OB, not a patch on those other two club's spread. Fear I'm losing weight.

Watched a terrific game of amateur football at Parkdale today. Intense and fast flowing between 2 teams with not much between them. OMs got away early with skilful open display but Parkdale clearly won the 2nd half with skilled display. OMs will be happy to take points from Parkdale as most teams will struggle there. Concern however is depth for Parkdale with 2's well beaten and 3's loosing by over 200 points. Expect OMs to push for spot in 4 and Parkdale to be mid table.

Old Brighton too big, too strong and will be thereabouts. The only thing that stopped them in their tracks was when one of their supporters in the crowd thought they'd be a wag and made an over zealous spirited remark regarding one of the umpires, questioning where he may spend time reflecting.

Caulfield have found their kicking boots and look set to stay up now, given the form of the 'Roys and the 'Bees.

Caulfield have a lot of improvement left in them, but are a young side who will have their ups and downs.

But I would agree they should stay up with a few players to come back in as the season wears on.

Liddell's aborted retirement will help, although the Fossil is not moving as well these days. He must be closing on 300 games!

This forum was destroyed by Over The Post, you two are just finishing it off. Bedford, piss back off to whatever grade Ormond are in

First I've heard of it. Something you want to share with me, GOI? Or maybe the late night posting doesn't agree with you?

Trinity will play off in the final, but who against?
Ive seen them first hand, and they are playing like a side who is disgusted that they are in B Grade. They don't want to be here, and aren't sticking around. I'm sure the sides in A Grade wouldn't mind them going back up either, haven't heard one player ever be annoyed at travelling out to the hedgies Beautiful lush deck.

Who will they play? AJAX…can you have them after the weekends loss. I would have loved to cancel my afternoon tea & nap and gone to the beach, but by all reports, AJAX were unable to play their usual fast free flowing brand of footy, and were beaten & bullied. AJAX's slippery fwds couldn't find a yard of space, while the new faces in OB's fwd line did as they please.
Does that mean OB are the second team, surely not, they lost to OH and OM's.

Where has skevs gone? They have to be close to making a late charge. Far too good to be sitting where they are.The classiest of midfielders and some quick outside players with delivery fit for a king.
Peoples thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

B Section Premier B - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back