B Section Premier B 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Carey
Ajax
Caulfield
Blacks. Where is this game being played? Green res is a construction site.
Haileybury because they are at home.

ALL OF THE ABOVE....................
Well it is round 1 - and Bernard’s played 18 witches hats last week - so any talk of going to Premier is very premature.

But if we are lucky enough to earn promotion, we will ensure that every remaining Premier team next year has a wonderful northern suburbs experience.

Well it is round 1 - and Bernard’s played 18 witches hats last week - so any talk of going to Premier is very premature.

But if we are lucky enough to earn promotion, we will ensure that every remaining Premier team next year has a wonderful northern suburbs experience.

There is no such thing as a "wonderful northern suburbs experience". Its like the Loch Ness Monster, it doesnt exist.

There is no such thing as a "wonderful northern suburbs experience". Its like the Loch Ness Monster, it doesnt exist.

Preston Market on a Saturday morning is a ripper Flat Footy. Followed up by some Yum Cha at Golden Leaf in High Street.
A truly wonderful experience.

I am guessing you would consider it wonderful to travel to Bernard’s, take the 4 points and silence our feral supporters?

I am guessing you would consider it wonderful to travel to Bernard’s, take the 4 points and silence our feral supporters?

Can deal with the feral but the obnoxious, abusive, ill-informed and ignorant is a bit harder to cop.

Have been going out to pit since school. While always happy to return to the beautiful south east I have never been bothered by the trip and generally enjoyed playing there. The facilities, which were ordinary in years past, are now first class and when I was playing I found the Bernies players to be decent fellas with some really good people involved behind the scenes.

However, what is it in the water out there that makes St Bernards supporters take their head off and replace it with a pumpkin when watching football. Without question the worst and most consistently hostile abuse of umpires I have witnessed in the ammos has been at St Bernards.

Their carry on does no favours to what is and has been a well-run, successful and generally respected club. Unfortunately little has changed in 40 years

Yes my mob were poor first up Bags. Your boys are certainties for promotion this year if you stay clear of injury woes. Your twos would nearly beat several senior sides in the grade.

So those in A grade better get set for a trip to the North West in 2019. It's really not that bad...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Without question the worst and most consistently hostile abuse of umpires I have witnessed in the ammos has been at St Bernards.

Well known and allowed for. Of course the umpires are completely impartial professional adjudicators of the game and would never let the constant garbage from the sidelines affect them. You have to wonder at the mentality of those who think that the best way of getting things to go in your favour is to scream insults for two hours.

In my time umpiring, the worst abuse I ever received was at the Snakepit during an under 10s game (the day after umpiring A section).

Both my sons spent a couple of seasons umpiring WRFL juniors, and were good enough to be doing finals. One was in the goals and was moving well, anticipating, great positioning, making the right calls and so on. One U14 spud kicked it out on the full from 25 out, and two heroic middle-aged men from St Bernards screamed it was a point and took it upon themselves to spend the next few minutes yelling at a 16-year-old what a shit job he was doing and how incompetent he was and how they were going to see he never umpired again. Quality, quality people.

I have fond memories of being up in the rooms chatting with Scatters over an after-game hot lamb roll and a beer, and the banter from the ressies behind the goals was top notch, but by god the supporters out there could do with a strong acid bath.

Yes my mob were poor first up Bags. Your boys are certainties for promotion this year if you stay clear of injury woes. Your twos would nearly beat several senior sides in the grade.

So those in A grade better get set for a trip to the North West in 2019. It's really not that bad...

Yes it is...but credit where credit is due. Their Dining /Viewing / After match facilities / Bar area are excellent.
So I do conceed, its not ALL bad....

Keano15 and Enobrien did not submit tips. So, I will award those guys each team tipped least by the 9 participants who lodged tips. These are:

OC
Mazenod
Caulfield
Parkdale
Hailebury

Hope everyone is ok with that approach.

Keano15 and Enobrien did not submit tips. So, I will award those guys each team tipped least by the 9 participants who lodged tips. These are:

OC
Mazenod
Caulfield
Parkdale
Hailebury

Hope everyone is ok with that approach.
Nah they should get the worst tips for the round - eg if the lowest score is 2 that’s what they should get. This round using the method above they’d almost top the tipping

Saw Carey and St Bernard’s today.
Great game. For the first half I thought St Bernard’s experience and bigger bodies kept it even. But Carey’s speed and greater fitness took its toll. St Bernard’s would not want to meet Carey on a dry day from what I saw.

Saw Carey and St Bernard’s today.
Great game. For the first half I thought St Bernard’s experience and bigger bodies kept it even. But Carey’s speed and greater fitness took its toll. St Bernard’s would not want to meet Carey on a dry day from what I saw.
Agreed - OC far superior in second half and clearly better side today. Very impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back